It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cats in Zero G

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
The participants were all laughing like it was a big joke. Poor cat is spinning out of control. No damned good!

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Wow what a bunch of bleeding hearts.

I'm sure the cats were no more terrified from the experience than they are at least once a day from an unknown noise or whatever else freaks cats out.

My cat is like a bull in a china shop and inflicts far more pain on herself from clumsy falls and running into stuff while playing than I seen the cats in the videos suffer.

It's also funny how some are whining about the cats yet don't give a s#it about the poor pigeons.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Well, now they gone and done it. Steve Martin will be on this shortly.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ShadowLink

I thought the same thing too, if it was a snake for instance how many people would feel bad for it or even a spider. The truth is we couln't and wouln't know how a cat would react unless we tried, no one mentioned the pigeons at all did they

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
LOL this was listed as recommended for me:

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
People whining because a cat freaked out for a second?

You've got to be kidding me...

I guess every cat video on YouTube is an example of "animal cruelty" because people video taped cats doing dumb sh1t instead of intervening just so the cat wouldn't risk any emotional trauma.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: enament

Why was she throwing the cat at the wall?

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

Yes but, have they mastered controlled flight?

Hover Pussies!!! the new Dr Who villian - LOL

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I feel bad for any animal forced into that situation, whether it's a cat, dog, pigeon, snake or whatever.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

From Wiki

In a study performed in 1987 it was reported that cats who fall from less than six stories, and are still alive, have greater injuries than cats who fall from higher than six stories.[4][5] It has been proposed that this might happen because cats reach terminal velocity after righting themselves (see below) at about five stories, and after this point they are no longer accelerating and can no longer sense that they are falling, which causes them to relax, leading to less severe injuries in cats who have fallen from six or more stories.

Tough buggers .

Studies done on cats that have fallen from 2 to 32 stories, and still alive when brought to a veterinarian clinic, show that the overall survival rate is 90 percent of those treated.

Still don't like cats but gotta respect their resilience .

noun
the power or ability to return to the original form, position, etc., after being bent, compressed, or stretched; elasticity.
ability to recover readily from illness, depression, adversity, or the like; buoyancy.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   
what got edited out: The cat latching onto the nearest stable object ( the experimenters) with claws locked and extended as if it was making a final stand. resulting in severe lacerations and a trip to the hospital for the experimenters.
edit on 23-2-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormbringer1701
what got edited out: The cat latching onto the nearest stable object ( the experimenters) with claws locked and extended as if it was making a final stand. resulting in severe lacerations and a trip to the hospital for the experimenters.

That'll teach 'em! LOL

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
there is actually a video like that. i think some air force dude took a cat up in the cockpit of a jet or something like that. the cat was clearly not amused. and accordingly neither was the pilot.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I will go ahead and say I'm with those who think it was cruel and unnecessary. Not just the fact that they exposed a cat to zero g. That in itself might have been so bad, but we will never know because they insisted on repeatedly throwing it at the wall instead of gently releasing it into the air, which is what I did have a problem with.

I tried giving my cat a bath in the sink, and the instant its first toe touched the water, she started freaking out like she thought she was going to die and even though I was holding her the whole time, she somehow almost climbed up into a nearby cupboard and almost knocked all the plates out onto the ground. So I let her go and from now on she's in charge of her own hygeine... besides the occasional kitty coat wipe, but once she realizes I'm not just petting her with my hand, she doesn't like that either... I honestly feel like if I forced her into a bath, she could possibly have a stroke or irreparable heart damage, that's how bad it was when I tried to give her a bath in the sink in about 4 inches of water. Once she got away and onto the coffee table in the living room she was fine and calm, licking her toes that got wet...

You have to understand the psycbology of a cat. It needs to be in control of itself and what is happening to it, or it is not happy at all. You need to consider the psychological effects of what that cat went through. Trust is very important. But, hey, whatever, its "just a cat" right? Not an important lifeform, like a human, which has utmost respect for... oh wait, thats right... nothing. But hey its not like I'm screaming bloody murder. I just don't think it was very cool what they did, that's all.

And the difference between a cat and a snake, for example, is a cat has the intelligence to know that something is happening to it. A cat is capable of being psychologically scarred. I dont know if the reptilian brain can retain memories the same way.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: stormbringer1701

Would you please show me where to find that information, I would like to know your source.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

something tells me not to many scientists want to get in the "vomit comet" with a chimpanzee and that we may have to wait to find out how that goes (or look into the space program when we sent chimps perhaps the answer is there)

but i would not want to be in an inclosed space with something that is capable of ripping me apart like a small child would a doll if it were to get angry or confused by the cycles of gravity/no gravity

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

I think THROWN is a strong word I would say tossed, especially since it doesn't take much force to propel something in zero gravity.I was under the impression he was trying to get the cat to cling to the wall. I also belive it looked more dramatic since instead of doing one twist to right itself it did several since it wasn't able to determine up from down.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

If you think this is cruel, i would like you to observe bath day for a cat . you would probably determine baths are cruel for cats too.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

My guess is she was trying to get it to cling to the wall. ant Throw is a strong word to use in my opinion. I would say toss. you throw things like baseballs and foot balls. It doesn't take a whole lot of force to propel something in zero gravity.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Clearly animal cruelty.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join