It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A city that pays criminals to behave

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: thesaneone

What if you had to live in this neighborhood and this program made it safer for your kids to get to the bus stop in the morning or walk to school?

But you dont care about those people do you?

I care about me and my family and if I did have kids I sure in the hell wouldn't raise them in some crime infested town.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I don't care what the reason is crime is crime and I don't believe in rewarding those who choose that lifestyle.

They used to cut off children's hands who stole bread because they were hungry
Yes you are right when you said "I don't care"

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

whatever man

just crawl back into the mountain zone you live where its only you and your immediate family and the rest of the world lives in an apocalypse and you just dont care

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet

I don't care what the reason is crime is crime and I don't believe in rewarding those who choose that lifestyle.

Yes you are right when you said "I don't care"

Oh you are so right I'm sorry that I chose not to lead a life of crime and I'm sorry for my hard work to ensure I have a comfortable life.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

whatever man

just crawl back into the mountain zone you live where its only you and your immediate family and the rest of the world lives in an apocalypse and you just dont care

I'm sorry you chose to screw up in life it was my fault.

What's wrong about living in the mountain zone? Lol.

link   

Ya it is always nice to have that ideal that you would never ever be in this place or that.
Life gets in the way and stuff happens.

But whatever, must be nice to live in a glass house.

link   

i feel sorry for you man.

hopefully one day you can wake up and see the rest of the world around you and feel some empathy for your fellow man.

i already know from most of your responses that you just dont care about anyone so you should probably stick to topic you care about
edit on 2/22/2015 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

But whatever, must be nice to live in a glass house.

I wouldn't know but it is nice living in a brick house.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Dude I grew up in humboldt park in Chicago during the late 70's and most of the 80's so yeah I lived in those crappy areas that's why I moved away to the desert.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Not interested in anything have to say man but thanks for commenting.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Great, all for it..reward criminals that choose to live like normal people and not be criminals..I have no issues with that, if it turns a borderline criminals life around then wonderful as the world is better for it. I really like the fact that this program holds a criminal trying to turn their life around accountable. If they do well then they get the financial assistance, if they return to a series of wrong choices then their are consequences.

I don't think this should apply to repeat offenders.
I don't believe the waste of flesh drunk driver that has 7 DUI's should be rewarded or praised for not getting an 8th DUI.

If that means I don't care about people then so be it..I wont disagree..I know I don't care about any repeat drunk\high\texting driver and don't think a person like that deserves anything.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Oh you are so right I'm sorry that I chose not to lead a life of crime and I'm sorry for my hard work to ensure I have a comfortable life.

My point was ... That you do not care to understand the individual or give them a chance

BTW I do not blame you for escaping the rat race and doing the best for your family ... You are fortunate and I wish you well
I have been there ... Living a fully self reliant life style with others far away from this crazy world

But others are stuck ... Surely you can see that... that not all who may commit a crime are the same
Give a man a fish and he will live for a day ... Give him a fishing rod and teach him how to fish and his life will prosper

edit on 22-2-2015 by artistpoet because: Typo

edit on 22-2-2015 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Not interested in anything have to say man but thanks for commenting.

That's fine but you know you are a hypocrite right?

I remember you getting all mad about criminals taking construction jobs from you but those are a different type of criminal, right?

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

What are you talking about? Show me proof of this claim....

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Immigrants are truly destroying the construction industry nationwide, sorry Mexicans

I do believe this is your rant.
edit on 22-2-2015 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

So what does that have to do with criminals?

Are you saying all Mexicans are criminals?

That thread was about illegal immigrants coming to America and working for pennies and putting local contractors out of work.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
This idea/plan may be somewhat effective, but really doubt it's a solve-all. Screwed up people with no moral code usually commit wrongdoings or the types of crimes that aren't actionable --- they are 'under the radar' (on purpose), so to speak.

That's why when hiring seasonal employees for our family business or for our personal services (elderly mom caretaker, babysitter for grandkids, etc., and so on) we NEVER rely 100% on one's background check/report.

If it's clean, it doesn't necessarily mean that they are clean... if you know what I mean.

Background checks can one give a false sense of security. And, some really honest, decent people who were framed (it happens, although they only account for a small percentage) have a mark on their background, yet they wouldn't hurt a fly, while some disgusting creeps with no morals or and no conscience have a clean background... because everything wrong and immoral they do is under the radar and really hard to prove.

I think background checks are very useful and advised, but not totally reliable, in my honest opinion based upon my personal experiences. That's why I think the program will only be somewhat effective, not an actual solution.

edit on 22-2-2015 by Jana12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Jana12

Right but apparently its working though right?

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Illegals are criminals.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I don't think it's a bad idea I am just saying it's not the total solution and seriously doubt it will work in the long run. I know how the mind of a criminal works -- my training and background. People with a criminal mind have no moral code and tend to approach everything as a game... and I mean everything. They thrive on drama. They need lots of drama and stimulation and get bored very easily. Once they get bored they actually go looking for the trouble that gives them the Adrenaline rush (the toxic kind of Adrenaline rush) they need and crave. Drama and trouble is their drug. I guess time will tell.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join