It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Member to member vetting process

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Even anonymity can't hide some things. It hasn't been that hard to separate the wheat from the chaff here.

Some folks just stick out like a sore thumb. Fortunately, they are relatively few.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

True, I like being a sore thumb

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Shills will just vouch for shills, and psyops will plant 'legit' members who never post anything controversial just so they can keep a high reputation in order to 'vouch' for the vocal shills.

Sadly, the shill is an ever-present part of the Web, just call them out when you see them. I do feel there should be a "shill alert" feature of the site, where mods can review a member's posting habit to ban such blatant activity.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
No, a reply to: Blackmarketeer No, it would spoil the fun of being a shill

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

i dont want to censor anyone i just think trust is a valuable asset when dealing with the truth

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

i dont want to censor anyone i just think trust is a valuable asset when dealing with the truth

twitter has a verification process that works and so does facebook and everything so that people cant pretend to be someone they are not

its the trend that the world is starting to follow
edit on 2/22/2015 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Hardly. Nothing says trust like, "Prove yourself". Trust has never been asked for. Respect IS, as it relates to the T&C. We don't need, nor want, this.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

We don't need, nor want, this.
I'm afraid I agree with you. Besides, let the fruit of the contribution determine the quality of the poster. I believe the admin/owner keep a tight grip on members, and in a odd sort of fashion, trust them.

Oh, Ive seen some very clever "Shills" in my time, but over time, they make their presents quite obvious.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

no i dont see your point

and whos we obviously im not included
edit on 2/22/2015 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: All Seeing Eye

but the source of information that we use to create threads has to be proven as valid and vetted but not members?

you care about where your information comes from when your researching dont you?

You dont use information from sorcha faal because you know the source is bad right?

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

no i dont see your point

You haven't seen the board? All this would be is an extension of the BS that's going on. One side approves of said member, the other doesn't. Nothing solved, things are actually worse. Like has been pointed out.... a popularity contest. ATS doesn't need that.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

how can you misconstrue this as a popularity contest?

the stars and flags system does that on its own your point is not valid and totally irrelevant

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: masqua
The purpose of this website is for members to talk to each other, not about each other.

Just my personal opinion.

There it is. Measuring up… who decides what yardstick to use?

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

how can you misconstrue this as a popularity contest?

You obviously don't see what's going on the board.

the stars and flags system does that on its own your point is not valid and totally irrelevant

You DO know that just by saying something doesn't make it true, right?

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

we havent even defined a set process to use a parameter and your already coming up with reasons as to why it wont work

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Lol you have strong opinions and don´t hide what you think.. i think its excellent and if we start to calculate in our mind what thoughts other people will have of our opinions and hide our colors.. why to join then ?

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
This is the silliest suggestion I've heard of.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
If there are issues with a member then put your case together and hit the alert button. Be it alleged 'shilling' or obnoxious repeat returnees. Just let us know and then forget about it. Staff will deal with it.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

we haven't even defined a set process to use a parameter and your already coming up with reasons as to why it won't work

Because I know where that process of selection leads…

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
If there are issues with a member then put your case together and hit the alert button. Be it alleged 'shilling' or obnoxious repeat returnees. Just let us know and then forget about it. Staff will deal with it.

Or not. Some see a differing opinion as "shilling". THAT is why this won't work.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join