It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The secret world of Government Debt collection.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
This suprises me none the less, i know the article is from CNN money but im surprised they allowed this to be released, i guess they really just dont care anymore.

Government agencies across the country are hiring private debt collectors to go after millions of Americans over unpaid taxes, ancient parking tickets and even $1 tolls.

It’s a good deal for cash-strapped states, cities and other local governments. By outsourcing this dirty work and letting private companies charge debtors sky-high fees, government agencies can get these collection services free of charge.

State lawmakers have even passed laws allowing private collectors to charge debtors steep fees. In Florida, for example, fees can be as high as 40% on top of the total bill, which includes not only what they already owe, but interest and government penalties as well. In Texas, they can reach 30%. And in cases of unpaid toll violations, flat fees can effectively amount to more than 100%. As a result, small unpaid tolls can easily balloon into hundreds of dollars, once government penalties and collection fees are tacked on.

Doesnt surprise me none the less how many times have people gone under the toll with out the pass that your forced to get and the ones that dont have one its amazing the toll will be $1.25 then administration fees will be $4.00 to process and forbid you dont pay it jumps up real fast.

As you read the article it gives examples of all the people taken advantage

When will America wake up and smell the Coffe???

Link to Article

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
This is why it's never a good idea to vote for more government goodies. They can never manage their money and inevitably they start looking for any and every way they can to pick your pocket.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Its a great article and in detail its sad its on MM and yet the sheepole have no idea of the dollar bill with a string attached beeing pulled out thier pocket...a reply to: ketsuko

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
So you pay for the roads through the gas tax...

Then pay again or be penalized through toll fees...

If you refuse to pay then they add 30% extra and create another useless job that will cause issues once it doesn't exist(state debt collector)

Also, you can't settle the debt like you can with normal private businesses.

I know I've said it before but the idea of government is asinine.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: OrphanApology
So you pay for the roads through the gas tax...

Then pay again or be penalized through toll fees...

If you refuse to pay then they add 30% extra and create another useless job that will cause issues once it doesn't exist(state debt collector)

Also, you can't settle the debt like you can with normal private businesses.

I know I've said it before but the idea of government is asinine.

And it seems to be getting better by the day thats why no one can get ahead anymore..

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ATF1886

It is a problem but, it is a solvable one.

Towns and states can abuse their taxpayers only so much before they leave and find a better environment to prosper.

If you are brave and willing to stand up for the rights of citizens and refuse to be driven out of your home by tyrants and thieves, the best course of action is to rally your town to eliminate most public positions, real estate and assets and return those taxes to the property owners. With that revenue securely in your pocket you have temporarily compensated for the exorbitant state fees. Next step is to move the whole pattern upward through the ranks until we have actual representative government with only enough power to hold ceremony and respond to public inquiry.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

And when it's the feds who come after you? Because, make no mistake, they're just as abusive.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
And you feel at this point in time that this is feasible really no one protests or does anything for that matter anymore america has gone soft unfortunately. It would take an entire generation of people to stand up to oppresors and unfortunately generations from the 80's and on have lost the backbone 70's babies are not far off its a weakening of the generations.

Back in the day the old dinosaurs had a backbone and put up with ZILCH!!!a reply to: greencmp

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

And when it's the feds who come after you? Because, make no mistake, they're just as abusive.

Yes, that is the reason to keep all such powers out of the hands of the federal government.

It is important that I make some distinction because not everybody recognizes the difference between federal and state/local government. They think that if we have no national policy then we have somehow failed when the opposite is the actual case.
edit on 22-2-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I do think we can do it.

Hometowns seem like the logical choice because we have to start somewhere.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I agree so how would you propose we start this give ideas and ill stand up...by my self...a reply to: greencmp

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I don't think any of you truly understand how interwoven the world is. Ever known anyone with progressive cancer in their body?

It's like that.

You won't get rid of the problems without killing yourself in the process.

There is no place to run to. There is nowhere in which to start over anew. There is no "small" government to change.

International business, corporations, money, the petrodollar, etc., etc...

What a tangled web we weave eh?

There is no changing the external problems at this point. If they are ever to be changed the change has to start inside of people.

Kind of like the Matrix movie.

The first step to the system no longer existing is the understanding that it doesn't really exist.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Bravo kudos you hit that nail perfectly!!!a reply to: OrphanApology

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATF1886
I agree so how would you propose we start this give ideas and ill stand up...by my self...a reply to: greencmp

I believe that local action is the logical place to start. It is where all power emanates from.

Practically speaking, at least for property owners initially, drastically reducing or eliminating property taxes would be a hammer strike to the backbone of any local budget as well as an immediate and positive redirection of ill-gotten gains back to their original owners. If everybody you know in town who owns something gets back most of their payments and can plan to not have them taken in the future, great strides can be made to improve the circumstances for everyone in the town.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Dallas uses the 'shaming' technique here to get people to pay their tolls. The worst offenders get their names on the front page of the Dallas Morning News paper, along with the total amount of money they owe.

And every year they announce when they're going around town with warrants for unpaid tickets, etc...to arrest you. ( At least they warn you first, giving you a chance to pay before they act.)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

originally posted by: ATF1886

I believe that local action is the logical place to start. It is where all power emanates from.

Practically speaking, at least for property owners initially, drastically reducing or eliminating property taxes would be a hammer strike to the backbone of any local budget as well as an immediate and positive redirection of ill-gotten gains back to their original owners. If everybody you know in town who owns something gets back most of their payments and can plan to not have them taken in the future, great strides can be made to improve the circumstances for everyone in the town.

I see this as true too, but local governments are also moving themselves by the atrocious examples that larger and higher officials set, and then at the federal level just look at the outrageous criminal minds currently running America into the ground, and this same process can be seen globally almost everywhere, but far more blatant and insidious here in the USA.

When local officials see what the Feds get away with, they too cave in to those same temptations to seize powers and do corrupt things abusing their own official status. Like local governments and councils that suddenly believe they own the rain water coming down in farmer Joe's farmland and stuff like that.

Even outright assassination of these idiots wouldn't fix a thing, they would just hunker down more and rebel further by encroaching on liberties further, which has already been shown to be exactly what happens.

I think total judgement of America is going happen to America first, and it will be far worse than anything old Adolph could have imagined, before it can hope to start back into a direction of sane government. America is going to have to suffer a tremendous humbling experience on a grand scale, and one that sees every corrupt power seeker swinging from a big fat rope.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

It is amazing what a difference it makes when you dissolve the monopolistic power that the state wields over the currency and means of production so that they cannot be misused.

The real threat to corrupt power is nonviolent political displacement.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Oooooo, what a great idea...

Let's pay someone $40,000 per year (plus travel expenses, healthcare, etc) to run around collecting $1 unpaid toll fees !

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   

This is the sign of the times

After spending Trillions in toys and wars

US government will squeeze what's left of the American population
edit on 24-2-2015 by DanielJacksonKree because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanielJacksonKree

This is the sign of the times

After spending Trillions in toys and wars

US government will squeeze what's left of the American population

Thats the problem majority of those pockets already have butterflies coming out so whats next jail time??

top topics

join