It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Recruits fear being sent to Ukraine.....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

So "they're next" not "their"? Their next implies ownership as in "their next move". They are next (they're). The statement looked like it was something else, so no sarcasm just bad grammar.

And yet the basics of the reply were understood...Imagine that.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
The word i get is Russia is using DU ammo in there T90 tanks in Ukraine.

This is at the same time they push using there front groups and internet trolls for a ban on the use of DU ammo by NATO and the US.

Now i see why Russian Recruits fear being sent to Ukraine..

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

Here is a good breakdown of a Russian solders VK picture posting showing that his T 90 tank is inside Ukraine...

burkonews.info...

It doesn't talk about the type of ammo used. I haven't heard reports of DU ammo being found around Ukraine but it wouldn't surprise me if it was being used. Penetrates better and that's what they want...

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: masqua

Oh, no...

A spelling mistake causes friction within a thread!

It seems to me that in the context of the posts, it was quite obvious what the intent was... a remark on Putin's desire to 'save' expats from rampaging fascist Eastern & Western Europeans by using young conscripts to facilitate his personal war in the Ukraine.

What's next... Estonia, Lithuania, Alberta?

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad

a reply to: sosobad

The reply I made is related to the Russian initiative to 'save' expTheussian speakers from persecution. In Alberta are tens of thousands of Ukrainian expats who are also Russian speakers.

Using the logic Putin put forward, then Alberta could be seen as a target even though the Ukrainians here are quite happy with their circumstances.

That... and Alberta is virtually floating on oil reserves.

Hope that clears it up.

So "they're next" not "their"? Their next implies ownership as in "their next move". They are next (they're). The statement looked like it was something else, so no sarcasm just bad crammer.

The Kremlin isn`t stupid.

And we have NATO and Western Politicians declaring many times now Russia isn`t a threat to NATO, yet when they want to flair up the war rhetoric against Russia about Ukraine it becomes all of a sudden a threat again.

The constant flip flopping about it makes it actual rather comical.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

It isn't the Kremlin, imho... it's the autocratic methods of Putin himself. That's who is pulling the strings here.

I've not said that Russia isn't a threat to NATO because I believe it is a threat. What's happening with the re-supply of 'rebel forces' in Eastern Ukraine and their recent push to expand their territory south is plainly a way to expand Russian influence towards the Crimean Peninsula... a 'corridor'. While the Ukraine seems to be destined for sacrifice by NATO, the real concern is Putin's aspirations to the Baltic states. Should those states be threatened, I think NATO will be forced into an increasingly more defensive position. That's where the real danger lies.

What's comical to me is Putin's insistence that Russian manpower and equipment is not going to the aid of the rebel forces... but, whatever.

On the topic of the thread itself, I find a determined reluctance on the part of some here to discuss the contents of the OP's link.

(post by bjarneorn removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: masqua

It isn't the Kremlin, imho... it's the autocratic methods of Putin himself. That's who is pulling the strings here.

No way it`s Putin alone who thinks it all out...Western media and Politicians need a bogeyman so all the focus has been on Putin, but he has a few very smart advisers who have a great deal of influence on the actions been taken by the Kremlin.

This is one of the most important ones...

I've not said that Russia isn't a threat to NATO because I believe it is a threat.

It`s NATO themselves saying Russia ins`t a threat several times in the last half year, unless they need to have Baltic States and others to spend more on weapons, then all of sudden Russia is again a threat.

NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg stated that there was “no concrete, immediate threat” from Russia to the Baltic States, Poland, Bulgaria and Romania, at a press conference in Brussels on Thursday. Stoltenberg also said that despite Russia not posing a threat, NATO had decided to increase the size of its response force.

Source

On the topic of the thread itself, I find a determined reluctance on the part of some here to discuss the contents of the OP's link.

I gave a good analysis about what is happening on page 2, and have said earlier at the end of August I believed Russia had send in a few battalions looking at how fast the Ukrainian army was crumbling back then.

Every time Kiev and the West starts to whine and is goes quickly very bad for the Ukrainian army, Russia has send in some regulars...which has happened twice now shortly, late August/early September and recently.

There are also Mercenaries on Ukrainian side consisting of Poles and Serbs hired by Academi, my guess is the real evidence about them being in Debaltsevo is held back by the Russians/Separatists as leverage to try and force Kiev to uphold themselves onto the Mink 2 agreements.

So it should be no problem that Russia is also sending in good soldiers to face them.

edit on 23 2 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

A perfect example of the Russian leadership and its disregard for human life. Also a perfect comparison to Nazi Germany and Hitler at the end, where the civilian deaths and military deaths no longer mattered to Hitler.

No it is a bs comparison for obvious reasons.

Why do you act like Russian leadership is "more evil" than let's say America's leadership. SNIP
edit on 2/23/2015 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DrChinstrap

That's what free speech means...free....doesn't mean you have to bite.....
The whole thing is a charade for Russian and American as well as European consumption....
We are all being played here....Putins 40 billion dollar fortune is just as stolen as any the oligarchs of the wests.....
This phoney war is all Bull#e.....As are the phoney leaders who promote these ungodly machinations....
Its all about the rich getting richer and the people being kept ignorant of their true power.....
Either side is more than willing to completely destroy the Ukraine and its peoples for profit and power

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

It looks like speech is more free for some than for others.......

I agree with your viewpoint. So why the one sided anti Russian attitude?
edit on 23-2-2015 by DrChinstrap because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrChinstrap
a reply to: stirling

It looks like speech is more free for some than for others.......

I agree with your viewpoint. So why the one sided anti Russian attitude?

I think you'll find many of the 'anti Russian' posters also have deep issues with activities that America does around the world as well. It's just that thread topics should try to be followed and that comparisons of one evil to another evil aren't really relevant...they are both evil.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Massive resistance indeed!

I'm wondering how many Russian solders have recently suffered 'training accidents' during the Ukrainian intervention. This report mentions 260 confirmed dead via families.

www.theguardian.com...

That seems a bit low given the over 5,000 casualties for Ukraine, about 1/2 being military loses...and that is what the Ukrainian government admits.

I'd suspect 500-1000 Russian solders dead so far...but who really knows.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

The total death toll is much higher as being told.

Ukrainians have been losing something like 4 to 1 at least, but a lot of fighting has actually been done by Eastern Ukrainians themselves.

It would all just be guessing with not actual numbers being told.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

The total death toll is much higher as being told.

Ukrainians have been losing something like 4 to 1 at least, but a lot of fighting has actually been done by Eastern Ukrainians themselves.

It would all just be guessing with not actual numbers being told.

Agree that it's a guessing game for now. For both Russia and Ukraine! It does seem that the 260 being totaled up via family support groups should be considered a bottom level number that is fairly reliable.

Another way to estimate is to count up all the different Russian unit names and numbers to get troop strengths...but that's beyond me.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I`m guessing the death toll on Russian side has to be also substantial seeing they were up against mercenaries partly and it involved urban warfare.

Question only is, were it mostly just by Academi trained Polacks, Serbs, etc. and how many hardcore mercenaries have been fighting also.

I will bet Russian Spetsnaz have been involved too.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
Russia needs its red ass kicked and kicked hard with nukes....turn it into glass......

To me you are a huge disapointment and will pay for it by way of life karma

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
The treaty of Budapest guaranteed Ukraines sovereign integrity for giving up it nuclear arms....
We are signatory to that treaty I believe and are duty bound to help fight the Russian hordes sweeping in from the east......
Nato has spend billions prepping for just that scenario and is ready with the arms to deal with it,,,,turn them loose I say....a promise made is a debt unpaid....

Did Budapest agreement say anything about protecting Ukraine from western financed coup

This is all over ATS

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Oh, no...

A spelling mistake causes friction within a thread!

It seems to me that in the context of the posts, it was quite obvious what the intent was... a remark on Putin's desire to 'save' expats from rampaging fascist Eastern & Western Europeans by using young conscripts to facilitate his personal war in the Ukraine.

I was asking for clarification of his statement. He said "their next", I wanted to know what he meant by it. Nice to see that stupidity is celebrated here as long as it's anti Russian.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join