It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Recruits fear being sent to Ukraine.....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Well firstly wow to some of these comments
Some people sound like the same aholes that wanted to "turn to glass" Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan ect ect

Secondly has anyone actually looked at where southern Rostov region is?
Or the location of the training area ?

Thirdly
Both sides are at the same crap
To believe that NATO nations don't have assets on the ground in eastern Ukraine is delusional
What's needed is to look how this all got started, and escalated to find the aggressor

And Finally
So let me get this straight
Ultimately it boils down to who would you rather live under?
The EU, NATO, USA crony capitalist, war causing, resource stealing, surveillance state blah blah blah, basically all the things we were told the evil USSR did

Or try something new?
Well Russia seems to have done quite well, I mean what a recovery
Whilst we've what exactly?

At worst it's the choice between a douce and a s##t sandwich

Best you can possibly reply with is "better the devil you know"
Well I'm sick of the # sandwich that's for sure

edit on 22-2-2015 by Globa because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-2-2015 by Globa because: Little buttons

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
I bet the Russia appologists are turning cartwheels to figure out how to slant this news of the secret that everyone knew to begin with....
Russia needs its red ass kicked and kicked hard with nukes....turn it into glass......

you go ahead, boy!

and then we turn usa into glass because it invaded iraq, lybia, syria,..

what a sick chain of thought!

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
You Russogroupies can relax....I just put that glass comment in tongue in cheek.....for petes sake im making fun of both sides.....
What a bunch of uptight people.....
Of course we wont nuke Russia....were sending in ISIS to take care of business....Russia has a fair pile of Islamists ya know....better watch the back door first....

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

But isn't there always a percentage of people who want out of a war? I mean even in WW2 you had draft dodgers.Though a small percentage I bet.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Globa

And Finally
So let me get this straight
Ultimately it boils down to who would you rather live under?
The EU, NATO, USA crony capitalist, war causing, resource stealing, surveillance state blah blah blah, basically all the things we were told the evil USSR did

Or try something new?
Well Russia seems to have done quite well, I mean what a recovery
Whilst we've what exactly?

Not sure what reality you're living in. Russia isn't new for Ukraine. Ukraine's current economy is thanks to being dependent on Russia for the past 20 years. Improving trade relations with the EU and the West would've been new for Ukraine. And it's not like they were going to stop trading with Russia. They were simply also going to include the EU in its trade deals.

Also, Russian recovery? What economy have you been watching? Since the fall of the USSR they have fallen from superpower to second world country. If things continue as they are they're well on their way to third world. Granted I'm not an economist but there are few if any countries whose economy has taken as sharp a downturn as Russia's over the past year. But that's the risk you run when you put all your eggs in one basket. If the West really wanted to finish Russia off they would start aggressively investing in alternate power sources.

(post by noeltrotsky removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Then my sincerest apologies
Admittedly I thought such a statement out of character
But yes
I'm British ex special forces support group
Chechnya was nice a reply to: stirling

edit on 22-2-2015 by Globa because: Added ...why the f### not

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Where as I know exactly what reality you're living in ....
Regarding your first paragraph partially true agreed but implying that the Ukraine didn't trade with Europe is a little deceptive
To "simply include the EU in trade deals" is at the least an understatement
Ukraine would have joined the EU and as such be puppet to western ( therefore NATO) intentions
And while this is gonna sound a little out there but think of this little bug
Ukraine + EU + TTIP + Monsanto + wind + pollen
That enough would be enough to get me a little concerned, let alone the many other reasons

And with regards to the recovery
How old is one ?
did you watch the wall fall and the USSR tear itself apart?
Putin, whatever the truth, is responsible for bringing some order to the confusion
You know ....after the USSR collapsed and capitalism won
Down with them reds yeah
Yay...........capitalism
a reply to: Xcalibur254

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

the Russian government secretly orders them to their death then deny they died in combat...

A perfect example of the Russian leadership and its disregard for human life. Also a perfect comparison to Nazi Germany and Hitler at the end, where the civilian deaths and military deaths no longer mattered to Hitler.

Ironic.

Hopefully there are people in Russia who will act to remove Putin and bring Russia back from the brink of total destruction.

edit on 23-2-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: masqua

Alberta... where there are thousands of 'Russian speaking' Ukrainians.

Their next....

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

Alberta... where there are thousands of 'Russian speaking' Ukrainians.

Their next....

Their next what?

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

Their next what?

Obviously sarcasm doesn't do well in your world does it?

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

Their next what?

Obviously sarcasm doesn't do well in your world does it?

I don't know what you mean, their next what? What is next for them? Unless you meant to say "they're next".

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   

The reply I made is related to the Russian initiative to 'save' expat Russian speakers from persecution. In Alberta are tens of thousands of Ukrainian expats who are also Russian speakers.

Using the logic Putin put forward, then Alberta could be seen as a target even though the Ukrainians here are quite happy with their circumstances.

That... and Alberta is virtually floating on oil reserves.

Hope that clears it up.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   

I don't know what you mean, their next what? What is next for them? Unless you meant to say "they're next".

Please look up the word sarcasm. And I am not surprised you don't know what I mean...on the other hand the member I replied to does.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Hope that clears it up.

Thank you...

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Try spelling it correctly next time

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: masqua

The reply I made is related to the Russian initiative to 'save' expTheussian speakers from persecution. In Alberta are tens of thousands of Ukrainian expats who are also Russian speakers.

Using the logic Putin put forward, then Alberta could be seen as a target even though the Ukrainians here are quite happy with their circumstances.

Hope that clears it up.

So "they're next" not "their"? Their next implies ownership as in "their next move". They are next (they're). The statement looked like it was something else, so no sarcasm just bad grammar.
edit on 23-2-2015 by sosobad because: my own bad grammar

edit on 23-2-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad

originally posted by: masqua

The reply I made is related to the Russian initiative to 'save' expTheussian speakers from persecution. In Alberta are tens of thousands of Ukrainian expats who are also Russian speakers.

Hope that clears it up.

So "they're next" not "their"? Their next implies ownership as in "their next move". They are next (they're). The statement looked like it was something else, so no sarcasm just bad crammer.

Oh, no...

A spelling mistake causes friction within a thread!

It seems to me that in the context of the posts, it was quite obvious what the intent was... a remark on Putin's desire to 'save' expats from rampaging fascist Eastern & Western Europeans by using young conscripts to facilitate his personal war in the Ukraine.

What's next... Estonia, Lithuania, Alberta?

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

Try spelling it correctly next time

Try paying attention next time, as the member I was replying to understood it.

Not surprising you didn't.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join