It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The gargoyles of Chile

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I think flying cryptids are fascinating.
I stumbled across this story on The Tube while looking at cryptozoology stuff. I've heard of these things before, but this story is new to me. (There's also some other good vids on the channel...check out the NASA gargoyle)
A family was driving through a very remote and desolate stretch of Chilean desert. They supposedly encountered two bizarre flying creatures. They describe them as resembling some of the classical gargoyle sculptures. (head of a dog, body of a bird)
They also used the description "dog-faced kangaroos".

As the things flew over the truck, a couple of the passengers got a good look at them in the moonlight. They said the things had bodies appx 6 feet long. The gargoyles were able to fly very fast, and had no trouble keeping up with the truck. They seemed to be following the truck for some purpose.
Another person reported seeing one of the things on the same stretch of Pan-Am highway, which prompted the family to report their sighting.

Here's the story. They could've shortened it by 50% and still told the tale. It's interesting, nonetheless.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
They made a video based on mere hearsay?

'Stories' like this is why cryptozoology is considered a pseudoscience....

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

I agree. I debated the thread-worthiness, but thought others might find it interesting. I think 'they' just run out of material, so they must keep coming up with fresh stuff, (even if it's just an anecdotal account) or over-promote existing stories.

The thing that I find so intriguing about flying cryptids is that not only is the weirdness factor way up there, they have the added ability of just being able to fly off into the night!

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Flying cryptids scare me a lot more than earthbound ones. I'm sure its tied to ancient times when we could still be swooped up by Thunderbirds, but they all give me the willies. I even hate low-flying aircraft. Haha

I cant watch the video at the moment but I think our best bet of getting hard evidence would be a thorough investigation of either sea-bound or flying cryptids, because they're less likely to have developed aversions to us as a potential danger.

top topics

join