It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the creepy inanimate object thread

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Have a fear of clowns you say.

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Sorry, I guess it didn't work.

Would erase it if I could.

[Edited on 8-6-2003 by Abraham Virtue]

posted on Jun, 11 2003 @ 10:02 AM
link   
the "creepiness" derives from the use of large eyes, with melancholy expressions. Always good for the creeps. That, and when you imagine mannequins, dolls, etc. to be a certain way, and then they are outside that norm...it seems a little "off" and then "creepy"...like the kids they use for the Welch's commercials. Hire kid actors with irises for godsakes!!!

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
"...like the kids they use for the Welch's commercials. Hire kid actors with irises for godsakes!!!

I agree completely with you on that! where the heck do they find those little miniature people?! they're not children in any form I've ever encountered. it's enough to put me off of grape juice for good!

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 11:02 AM
link   
My favourite so far is the Michael Jackson one.

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 11:23 AM
link   
You all like to be scared???
TRY THE LINK BELOW.......have the sound on Loud!!!

pro.webmaster.online.fr...

[Edited on 6/13/2003 by helen670]

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 11:28 AM
link   

is there some sort of subconcious trigger that causes us to shy away from these objects?

Some say that there is such a trigger. This theory would hold that these "human-like" objects actually hit unconsciously at our death instinct, which creates anxiety, causing us to feel freaked out. We see these objects & we realize that they aren't human, but since they are inanimate, part of us sees them as dead. The illogical, emotional process is that it reminds us of our own death.

posted on Jun, 14 2003 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Helen.....that was freaky.....i jumped and spilled curry allover my self...Those moans were even more freaky...sounded like Richard Simmons and Bush getting it on.

Deep

posted on Jun, 14 2003 @ 12:15 AM
link   
lol.... I happened to do the same...I was searching for horror and came upon this at 3.00 am.........scared the life out of me!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join