It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It amaze me

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

wow i loved your post you are so right

i dont deserve to go to heaven and there is nothing i can do to get there no matter how many homeless i feed
i go by gods grace alone the bible is so right on things........

And yes god is a gentleman he will not force itself into your life he will knock you will answer.......or you wont
there is no forcing with god .....hence free will come on your own accord

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

just think how many wars would not of have happened if we could have just followed that one no other gods before me rule
mabey god knew as soon as we had more than one .......war
so he said no other gods but me dont make graven images and pray to them not fish in the sea or bird in the air
nor the sun or the moon or the stars no graven image .....................do you know how many wars have been faught
since the beginning of tim e over other gods .....gods not God.
And imagry is powerful to man thats why we use it so much freemasons illuminati jews muslims christains hindu
islam all have images and idols and graven images in their religion and god said ..........NO!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: sweets777
As I said I watch religious debates. I am not unfamiliar with philosophical or scientific arguments they make in the defense of their theology. No stranger to this.

My motive is to equip myself with knowledge and then to able to bring that to discussion. That's why I read the Bible. Watch courses on it.

Genesis isn't compatible with science. As was shown by Astyanax in another thread you're in, the Universe existed in darkness for 400 million years before light. It states all stars are made after the Earth had already formed. Says birds were flying around before all land-based animals. Fruit trees growing to maturation before the Sun. It's just not compatible at all.

I don't know if a creator god does or doesn't exist. I'm not opposed to it. Nor opposed to people having belief in such a being. My gripe is with religion. Religion and religious gods are a separate belief to god-belief itself.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: johndeere2020

originally posted by: LoveSolMoonDeath
First I don't want to create a hate post. Maybe it's a bit of a rant. But again, not aimed at hurting anyone.

But this said, to me, every living thing is part of the (insert your god name here) plan. So whatever you believe, who ever you praise, you're my brother and sister. What makes me see the higher of yourself is the way you treat your fellows, the nature, the earth. The love you show in living and for livings. The one I admire the most are not necessery preaching but they are like a lighthouse, just the way they are. You just wan't to evolve like them.

But here what's amaze me.

All creations has been corrupted by an ancient virus.

Scientists have linked it to the origins of carnivorism and sexual reproduction. Did rape and murder come to mind??

So sexual reproduction is an ancient virus?
That's probably my new favorite theory. Erm, I mean conspiracy theory.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Dubble bubble
edit on 23-2-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

you said the only reason you read and watch stuff about the bible is to just bring it up in
discussions later there is no spiritual reason why you are looking at all this info i find that hard to believe you said proffesors like you go to school for this ........if that s all your getting out of your research i find that sad

and who cares some scientist says 400 million yrs of darkness before light prove it and math dont
prove it

remember scientist with all there math proof would of told us ...and i mean told us for fact without a doubt and here is all you math proof you need that the earth was flat .........well guess what they were wrong.

as a matter of fact what ever science proves with math or experiments they have to turn around 100 yrs later and say we were wrong

they toild the wright brothers that it is mathmatically impossible to have a heavier than air craft that would fly that was a mathmatical fact........wrong what i find more shocking is the amount of faith you have in math but not in your god.

Trust me math and science have lied to you sometimes on purpose sometimes not sometimes they lie because they dont think you will understand and you will be mad at them .............like the salem witch trials women used herbs to cure people dont understand the science ....burn her she a witch lol so yes math science lies and just dont know religion lies to you and sometimes just dont know

But My Brother Our GOD Will Never LIe To You

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

no i thought of making love (having sex ) and eating a steak,

did i think of rape and murder whats wrong with you

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Question: Have you been ingesting alcohol in the past hour?

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   

you said the only reason you read and watch stuff about the bible is to just bring it up in
discussions later there is no spiritual reason why you are looking at all this info

Correct. I'm not attempting to hide the fact I am an anti-theist and I am learning about religion as a means to be a more formidable opponent.

i find that hard to believe you said proffesors like you go to school for this

I'm done with schooling. I'm not a professor, I have a B.S degree. This is all on my own initiative. This is one of the courses I am referring to:

New Testament by Professor Bart D. Ehrman Ph.D., M.Div.

and who cares some scientist says 400 million yrs of darkness before light

Not you apparently.

the amount of faith you have in math but not in your god.

Not my god.

I feel this is fitting:

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   

in all honesty is sounds like you had your mind made up before you started to study.
And dude take my advice stop now what your doing life is to short you will never convince
some one who believes in god that he dont exist
Just like no one is going to convince you he does .
And to spend so much time of your life to study the bible just so you can argue god dont exist better to people
lol what a waste of time brother smoke a joint make love have some babies take up stamp collecting or something.
I still find it hard to believe you study the bible just to argue that its fake better to people that believe
that shows a sign that your not happy in life and you dont like it when other people are happy in thier faith

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   

and who is this feminine looking guy girl on the screen and why should i listen to him ,
If i listen to any one outside of the bible its gonna be me baby

And eddie said let men look like men and women look like women
And eddie said let no man where eye makeup and no women take a razor to her head
lol im funny

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

sorry wrong person im still kinda new ................i was saying that to john deere on his rape murder comment

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   

i guess by you avatar the do you believe aliens made us ......if so i wrestled with that one also sometimes i still wonder lol
i really really spent a few months researching genesis ..........screw the big band thing read gen chpter 6 verse 6
it talks about angels ...aliens or sons of god having sexy with earth women an making hybrids

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   

in all honesty is sounds like you had your mind made up before you started to study.

Do you believe in Ma'at, Zeus, or Brahmā?

Is your mind made up on the truthfulness of their existence and those religions?

If you lack belief why do you lack belief.

Give me strong evidence for your religion and you could sway my stance.

And dude take my advice stop now what your doing

If I'm happy with my course in life I don't see reason to stop.

life is to short you will never convince
some one who believes in god that he dont exist

It's not god-belief. It's belief in specific religious gods. You are, just as other theists are, essentially atheists themselves. You lack belief in those other religious gods. You dismiss them as objectively truthful religions. We are quite similar in this regard.

Just like no one is going to convince you he does .

Not with faith alone, no.

And to spend so much time of your life to study the bible just so you can argue god dont exist

Again. This is obviously about religious gods and not the general god concept. I have no interest in disproving 'god'. I have interest in showing people how religions are illogical at best.

lol what a waste of time brother

If religions didn't impact the lives of non-believers I would agree it's a waste of my time. That's not the case, so it's not a waste of my time. Either way, it's up to me, not you, to decide what's a good use of my time.

shows a sign that your not happy in life and you dont like it when other people are happy in thier faith

Naturally. What other explanation could there be. I must be a wretched miserable person to engage in these discussions when I am not religious myself...
edit on 23-2-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   

i guess by you avatar the do you believe aliens made u

Blasphemy!

How dare you speak such sacrilege to your Savior the Flying Spaghetti Monster, and his son Raptor Jesus.

Raptor Jesus went extinct for your sins.

In the Beginning was the Word. And the Word was "ARRGH!"

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: LoveSolMoonDeath

Gee. Maybe English is not my native language but open mind isn't yours also. Metaphors. In all the 'bibles' there is metaphors. When John in 4:14 said : "Everyone who drinks of this water will thirst again; 14but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him shall never thirst; but the water that I will give him will become in him a well of water springing up to eternal life." You don't believe that in that guy there will ACTUALLY be a well? No, metaphor. So they are as right as you using metaphors.

What does the Bible using metaphors on occasion have to do with the truth? You see what you don't seem to understand is that the Bible is meant to be read objectively. If something is a metaphor like in your example we take it as a metaphor, but that doesn't devalue the concept of the message. The fact that Muslims and Christians use metaphor doesn't mean their truths dont contradict? You know atheist use metaphor in conversation too right? I don't really understand what you were trying to get across here..

That I can't tell. You lead by a vast margin. But surely there are muslim or buddhist around. Anyone?

Lead what by a vast margin? I was saying when put up against logic and reason the Bible stands alone as a world view that is internally coherent. The Biblical world view is the only world view I have come across that humans seem to be able to live out consistently and coherently with reality.

In all history there is a part of bull.

That's speculation. I think you might need to look into how meticulous ancient Jews were when it came to keeping records.

If you think you could write anything you want in the past I suggest you learn about Copernic vs Church about heliocentrism.

This happened in the 1500's buddy nor does it do anything to back up your point??

When I said you misunderstood me. I don't think I am destined to go to hell. Destined means it was predetermined that I will go to hell. I believe that I deserve to go to hell, totally different.

We debate/exchange. I could say you're stubborn as a freaking mule or arrogant as hell to think you possess the truth but I simply don't think so.

I am willing to put that truth up against anything that contradicts it, and I guarantee you it comes out as the winner every time. I was never trying to upset you or hurt your feelings I am just a blunt individual. You believe truth can contradict, which is irrational.....I am merely trying to show you a flaw in your line of thought.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

"It states all stars are made after the Earth had already formed."

And when I tried to discuss your misunderstandings of Genesis with you, you only wanted to discuss your understanding of the text without even trying to comprehend why or how I came to my understanding of the text. I asked you simple questions and maybe you answered and I missed it but as far as I know you just left me hanging.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
My 'misunderstandings' of Genesis is predicated on the notion that I lack some deeper spiritual frame of mind that would permit me to see them properly. Which is the kind of rationale that allows the religious to invent any argument they want to justify the inconsistencies, contradictions, and blatant incompatibilities.

Whereas when I look at them I am doing my best to take them in the literalness they appear to be, without including any additives.

Besides the stars and frozen trees issue I focused on before. What about birds flying above the oceans before all land-based animals? Tell me. What am I misunderstanding about that? It says birds were flying around on Day 5. Day 6 the land animals are made. It seems quite clear Genesis is stating birds came before land animals. Which is precisely not what our scientific finds show. Birds evolved much later from land animals.

I feel it's you, and other Christians, who misunderstand Genesis by twisting what couldn't be more clear. I feel it's disingenuous and unfair to accuse me of not trying to comprehend your reasoning while at the same time alluding to not being guilty of that yourself.

That said, I didn't see a reply from you last I checked that thread. I will go back and reply.
edit on 23-2-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

My 'misunderstandings' of Genesis is predicated on the notion that I lack some deeper spiritual frame of mind that would permit me to see them properly.

Never said that bra. I do think in my own experience people who don't believe have a hard time understanding Scripture in context. Never said that about you though. I merely asked you what you thought of the first two verses of the chapter we were talking about. I was trying to show you what you were missing, but you shut down. You went into antitheist mode. I also told you that in Day 4 the word for vault of the sky has nothing to do with the entire universe.

Whereas when I look at them I am doing my best to take them in the literalness they appear to be, without including any additives.

Thats funny because I read them as their meant to be read(without additives), and we have two totally different opinions. So again one of us is making a mistake.

Besides the stars and frozen trees issue I focused on before. What about birds flying above the oceans before all land-based animals? Tell me. What am I misunderstanding about that? It says birds were flying around on Day 5. Day 6 the land animals are made. It seems quite clear Genesis is stating birds came before land animals. Which is precisely not what our scientific finds show. Birds evolved much later from land animals.

And again you jump the gun. You keep ignoring the first two verses of the Chapter why? I am not avoiding a responses but before I answer them I need to understand your frame of reference.

I feel it's disingenuous and unfair to accuse me of not trying to comprehend your reasoning while at the same time alluding to not being guilty of that yourself.

I understand where your coming from, and I can tell based on that . You and I interpret the first two verses very differently which is why in my last conversation I asked you about them close to three times.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

What does the Bible using metaphors on occasion have to do with the truth?

See I think scriptures from every religions use mostly metaphors or distorted reality.

This happened in the 1500's buddy nor does it do anything to back up your point??

It was meant to show you how any Church controled the info in the past. Even science had to bent. What makes you think the first guy who write it down had free speach? Even today news reporters can't say what they want. It has to go through editorial views from the owners/managers. Controled information. But you think the people back then were freely writing anything? Naive. One of first thing an invader did war destroying places of faith to build his own in the very same plot. Truth? Control instrument to me.

I believe that I deserve to go to hell, totally different.

For that apple thing when you weren't even present? Please tell me otherwise.
edit on 2015 2 23 by LoveSolMoonDeath because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join