It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Big Bang (Genesis 1:2-3)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I just want to say I am sooooo enjoying this back and forth between occams and 3nl1ght3d. Please don't stop, you two are classic immovable object and unstoppable force, I won't say who is who.

Kinda on subject, I am having trouble envisioning "Formless, empty, and dark". Earlier someone mentioned the bible says nothing about emptiness but had this line right after. My thoughts on the subject are How is it Earth but not earth via description(e.g. There was a square, but it had no shape, corners, or sides....but there was a square.) As well as If light was not created yet how could it be dark. Was darkness not created once light was created?
I just am curious as to thoughts on this.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: proob4

Good thought. Possibly. the NIV translation uses the word "hovering", but I think a more literal translation is required to fully understand this part.

Young's Literal Translation makes more sense of this passage, it uses the word "fluttering", which means pulsating, rather than hovering. pulsating objects are what give rise to waveforms. If God is this entity that is pulsating upon the waters (the ether, perhaps?) then this is what generated our world, which we know is ALL wave energy. Even matter is super dense energy (E = mc^2). So I think they are saying that God is the pulsating being that is the source of energy, and thus matter, in our universe. So ultimately this energy was then used for the terraforming described in creation. Hovering somewhat makes sense too because this source of energy would remain in the same place.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
and so...there were unicorns..now there are none. what does it matter?

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Entreri06

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Sremmos80

Actually, he rode a unicorn. You do know unicorns used to exist right? They're in the bible!

Actually they are not. Common tactic used by people who hate Christians/Christianity. I suppose it's better to be ignorant than informed though.

Ya lol, you don't have to hate something/one to think they are hilarious.

So just out of curiosity, you do believe there were unicorns, giants and a global floood killed all but one family who we are the incestual decendants of, but Jesus never rode a unicorn so the pic is ridiculous!!!

Am I close? Hehe

No, but you usually do have to hate something to believe and propagate lies. Unicorns are not in the Bible. I already detailed the word used. People will believe things that coincide with their bias. Perhaps next time you should fact check.

So if you open the bible to page (not sure) it won't say unicorn??? Or do you know what the bible really means and EVERYONE else is wrong?

That's correct. It will not. Only ignorant people who prefer to not be educated on the subject are confused. I posted a source already, it's not MY opinion, it's proven fact. The Bible was not written in English, the original texts contain no mention of Unicorns. The King James version uses the English word Unicorn because the animal named in the original texts are extinct. King James is one of the worst translations, and it's the only one who uses that word.

At the time English travelers were reporting sightings of actual one horned antelopes, which is why the KJ version uses it possibly. It's shoddy translation work, because the beast in the Bible is clearly oxen, not equine/antelope.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: autopat51

UNICORNS! I just can't stop laughing right now. Thread of the day! Seriously thank you all.

Maybe they were the Formless, Dark, Empty ones. BUT there were Unicorns!

God is clearly Dark matter.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: birhan
Kinda on subject, I am having trouble envisioning "Formless, empty, and dark". Earlier someone mentioned the bible says nothing about emptiness but had this line right after. My thoughts on the subject are How is it Earth but not earth via description(e.g. There was a square, but it had no shape, corners, or sides....but there was a square.) As well as If light was not created yet how could it be dark. Was darkness not created once light was created?
I just am curious as to thoughts on this.

I think you may have referred to my post.

The formlessness of the Earth as in a big smooth ball covered in water. Formless because there are no distinguishing features such as mountains, rivers, oceans etc. Like a ball of clay before sculpted into something.

Empty because there were no inhabitants. Nothing living or thriving or the like. It was still formless.

Dark because the lights that are the Sun and Moon were not yet created.

The emptiness I was talking about before that was in regards to space. Meaning that the Bible never says there was absolutely nothing. It starts out with the formless, empty and dark Earth, covered in water.

Hope that helps.

Edit: Ok I just realized I was wrong about one thing!

Genesis 1:1. God created the heavens and the Earth.

I'm assuming heavens means the universe and not the Heaven.

Edit 2:

So the Bible implies planets were created before stars because stars are made in another verse.

If it sounds confusing as hell it's because it is. The order of Biblical creation makes zero sense to known science.

edit on 2-21-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: yeeehaw

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

"But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day."

(2 Peter 3:8)

maybe read the Bible before you criticize it.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   

a reply to: randyvs

The KJV says unicorn, no lies being told here pal.
Are unicorns in the bible? Read the KJV bible and you'll have your answer.

Like I said, what's the difference between a unicorn and a talking snake? Both are just as ridiculous as the other.

Is the KJV a translation or the original language. I might as well translate a CERN report written in English into another language and alter a word to Fairies, and then claim CERN found fairies because my translation says so. Exactly what you are doing.

You know you are wrong, I sourced it, you can't dispute it, you simply are more interested in ignorant hatred than truth. I really don't care if you believe what the Bible says, I simply do not understand the need yourself and others have to lie to propagate your hatred.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

That really does help, thanks. Makes Sense, Good answer.

I still am busting a gut over this unicorn back and forth though.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

so...we had planets but no sun?.......really?

edit on 21-2-2015 by autopat51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

So in the days of Peter and Jesus days could have been a thousand years long?

Is that the point you are making there?

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Both the Jubilee and Webster's bible translate it as unicorn along with the KJV, so what you say isn't 100% correct. The KJV isn't the only one that says unicorn.

Anyways, how are we to know the animal mentioned is a wild ox, rhinoceros, goat, dragon, satyr, what have you? The animal is extinct right? For all we know it really WAS a unicorn.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: autopat51

Edit: Re-read your question.

Yep.. planets before the stars!
edit on 2-21-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

link   

Unicorns, talking snakes, what's the difference?

Difference is you propagated lies, and are not the least bit apologetic. I fully expect you to keep using the same lie in the future, who knows, maybe I will be surprised.

What version of the bible doesn't mention unicorns? I just looked it up and the KJV does 3 times.

Every version other than the KJV.

NIV
Num 23:22
God brought them out of Egypt; they have the strength of a wild ox.

NLT
God brought them out of Egypt; for them he is as strong as a wild ox.

ESV
God brings them out of Egypt and is for them like the horns of the wild ox.

HCSV
God brought them out of Egypt; He is like the horns of a wild ox for them.

NASB
“God brings them out of Egypt, He is for them like the horns of the wild ox.

Need I go on?

link   
a reply to: cooperton

So 7 days is 7,000 years, 7,000 years plus give or take 6,000 years equals out to about 13,000 years. Still doesn't add up to 13 billion years.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
So ok origionally there was Adam and Eve . Lets say they were redheads like that bast*&rd child you never admitted to . Why isn't everyone red headed , why would they shift away from Eden and go to South Africa. Why are their black people . Heres a concept . Evolution . To even explain your bible away you have to accept evolution . Look the Bible is a great work of fiction and a number one best seller . Heres an example from one poster here .

It refers to an extinct animal which was unknown

How can you reference an unknown animal . Were they making it up . WTF . I'm finished .

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
In European folklore, the unicorn is often depicted as a white horse-like or goat-like animal with a long horn and cloven hooves (sometimes a goat's beard) --Wikipedia. (I know I know wiki sucks)

please put a beard on that unicorn in the picture, otherwise I am of mind to disbelieve it.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Both the Jubilee and Webster's bible translate it as unicorn along with the KJV, so what you say isn't 100% correct. The KJV isn't the only one that says unicorn.

Anyways, how are we to know the animal mentioned is a wild ox, rhinoceros, goat, dragon, satyr, what have you? The animal is extinct right? For all we know it really WAS a unicorn.

Maybe if you read the source I provided you would understand. You don't want to understand though, you rather mock from a position of ignorance, where the only one who looks bad is you.

Webster's is basically a slightly modified KJV. It is not a different translation. It's the exact same translation simply changing archaic words to their modern forms. Again, maybe you should research rather than be ignorant.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
How can you reference an unknown animal . Were they making it up . WTF . I'm finished .

Because it was alive when the Bible was written, and extinct thousands of years later when the KJV was created. How is that difficult to understand?

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

more so that God is transcendent of time. God is consistently referred to as the light, and I think it is interesting to note that light is the reference frame for time. If ever there were a Divine being, perfect and not subject to decay, it would have to transcend time.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join