It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our beautiful home

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
With all the talk about ISIS, WWIII, the conflict in the Middle East, the Apocalypse, etc. I thought it would be nice to have a thread that pushes all the bad happening in the world to the background. Let's forget about all of that for a second and just take a look at this beautiful place we call home, our Mother Earth.

We live on a tiny, seemingly insignificant planet floating in space through a seemingly infinite cosmos, yet... it isn't so insignificant to us and is so much more than those things.

It is all we know and it is what we all call home, it is what anyone who has ever lived has called home. It sustains us, nurtures us, teaches us lessons, rewards us, and even punishes us, but it is all for a reason. It is here to teach us and we are here to learn, so why don't we learn the lessons it has to teach?

In my eyes, the Earth teaches us that there is beauty within all of us, it teaches us that there is so much more to life than a 9 to 5 job and earning a paycheck.

It teaches us that there is always something worth being found, even in the unlikeliest of places. So go exploring! Maybe you'll end up finding yourself.

It teaches us that even the most insignificant things can have a huge impact on someone or something somewhere, so why don't we make our impact on this planet for the better?

It teaches us that even the most inhospitable and undesirable places have worth, because even those places have beauty in them and harbor life.

It teaches us that there is beauty within everything, even what we see as ugly. There is purpose to life and there is a purpose for each and every one of us coming here, we just have to find out what that purpose is.

Life is beautiful and so is our home. Let's cherish every day we get to spend here, because tomorrow could be your last.

Just as the Earth is so tiny yet so significant, so are we. Mother nature is calling you to her,so respect her and you will get the same in return. Respect your fellow man and fellow life because we are all here together and in this together. When you hear your Mother's call, you will see just how beautiful and significant YOU are in comparison to her.

If only we could come together as ONE people and realize that we are all ONE, we could end misery and war and create heaven on Earth. Doesn't that sound beautiful? Do your part and your little corner of the world will be made better for it, if enough people do their part, the corners will eventually come together and peace on Earth will be realized. Do your part, it is what you are here to do.

Thank you for reading.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Feel free to share your pictures of our home. Let's get some positive energy going on here, there is too much negative in the world at the moment.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I agree with everthing you say . But unfortunately ,Obama , Jews , Isis , Muslims will work their way here shortly . I hope not . S@F

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
lovely thought
but regrettably the overwhelming 1% believes the world belongs to them.
be the change

edit on 21-2-2015 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I love our earth. I am thankful that we know so much about it these days. I wish we knew more.

Yachats, OR is my favorite place.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

There is true evil in this world, so much conflict, but one thing we can ALL agree on is that we call Earth home. I only wish we could realize that then run with it instead of seeing only the differences.

Let's try to keep this positive though!

edit on 2/21/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Hate to pull an ISIS but as long as man roams the earth there will be hostility,it is in our nature , we are survivors
and we are not alone.
completely agree with the op's perspective but would like to add another layer if I may.
Man can be loving, creative, destructive and everything between
much like nature is both devastating and beautiful
we are an extension of it, the invention of it
we simply are the world

edit on 21-2-2015 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
As we complain about the snow up here, there are moments of beauty to be had if one only looks.

edit on 2/21/2015 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Awesome
...Love the message you are sending and i whole heartedly agree...

Here are some pics of the paradise i call home...

and some local dolphins which are a common site at the right time of year

and to finish a pic of a couple of the local mermaids

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   
sounds lIke The surgeon generals warnIng. The acTs of The surfer To reach ThaT desTInaTIon Is The Issue In quesTIon of course noT on a personal level oTher Than ones own Ignorance. on The grand scale Though whaT Is deemed wrong came from The same source whIch Is noT a racIal slur. more lIke a declaraTIon of war on InTTelIgenT Ignorance whIch Is The lIfe blood of The source In parT beIng greed. The greed ThaT also breeds greed wITh false auThorITy To feed greed creaTIng Ignorance sayIng ThIs Is whaT you wanT.

Is IT beauTIful Though Is The quesTIon. a sTaTemenT was made In a movIe I ThInk abouT someTImes. The sTaTemenT was made whIle lookIng aT The jagged edges of rock sayIng "They donT make Them lIke They use To"
There are people who have a fear of curves. There Is someThIng To be learned from ThaT. dIffIculT To say whaT exacTly aT The momenT. someThIng To do wITh The seas I ThInk. sImIlar To The quoTe.
edit on 22-2-2015 by BUCKSFiZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   
The dolphIns are sImply sayIng you should noT be In The waTer. hence The message In The shark movIe.

The seven churches.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: BUCKSFiZZ

What are you trying to say? I'm extremely confused by your words. Strange way of typing them too, makes them hard to read. Are your T and I buttons stuck on caps?
edit on 2/22/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Aderall hell of a drug
edit on 22-2-2015 by iSeeIn4D because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   
of course I dId noT declare war. explaInIng a feelIng abouT The TopIc. IT Is dIffIculT To keep In mInd how people Tend To reacT.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Awesome pics....man, I'm going through board withdrawal over here!

edit on 22-2-2015 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: FireflyStars
I love our earth. I am thankful that we know so much about it these days. I wish we knew more.

Yachats, OR is my favorite place.

I grew up in that area, sadly it wasn't until I moved to the desert that I could fully appreciate the beauty of what was around me my whole life. It's all about perspective!

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
S&F - My place that I call home.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Some beautiful pictures shared. Thanks
But as an aside as mentioned WW111 or similar Apocalypse.
Is there a safe place to be ?
Bare in Mind
www.icanw.org...
www.worldometers.info...
planetearthherald.com...

Not Russia or USA or Europe or China mmmmm.

Not to be a DoomGloomer.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

The places man has yet to touch are safe. But the question is: for how long?

I sometimes wish that I wasn't born into modern society but into an indigenous tribe somewhere in the Amazon. They live simply and in balance with nature. They may not have any of the luxuries we have, but their lives are much more fulfilling I would assume.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join