It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian newspaper claims to have an official strategy document.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

A Russian newspaper claims to have an official government strategy document outlining the invasion of Ukraine that was prepared weeks before the Ukrainian government collapsed last year.

The editor of Novaya Gazeta, Dmitri Muratov, reported the document during an interview with Echo of Moscow, a radio station. In the interview, which was reported by news outlets Saturday, he did not reveal how the newspaper came into possession of the document in the media unfriendly Russian world, but said he had confidence it was authentic.

Source

Read the whole interview here.
Translation

This is very interesting, quite daring actually to come forward with this kind of news in today's Russia as it is my opinion that Russia is not the safest country for Journalists.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

Don't worry Putin is a good man and supports freedom of the press............Oh wait these reporters better leave in a hurry.

Thankfully for Putin Russian are true believers or so it seems.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

So it is not an official Russian government document, so that hurts its credibility.

We shall see how this plays out as "The editor said the paper’s plan is to publish the full details of the strategy document next week."

I suspect that will not happen.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

It`s the newspaper who did this one week after 17th July...

MH17 crash: Russian newspaper Novaya Gazeta prints front-page asking Netherlands for 'forgiveness'
edit on 21 2 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I doubt this is authentic. Russia has enough blame without inventing more.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Let's also add some background information about this conflict.
If the details are published, we can compare it with what has been shared already.

Summit of Failure: How the EU Lost Russia over Ukraine

Ukraine downfall: Lack of leadership to blame?

Yanukovych: 'I Was Wrong' To Ask Russian Troops Into Crimea

Also the name Vladislav Surkov has been mentioned multiple times on twitter as the man who gave the order to shoot.

Putin Aide Linked to Maidan Killings

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Interestingly enough Russia media is reporting Yanukovych as saying the "coup" script was at the US Embassy.

Getting bogged down in this "I know you are what am I" tit for tat with Russia only serves Russian interest.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Also very interesting

More here

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Even if the document is real and it isn't

All it would show is that Russia had a plan to counter NGO revolution drive which came with western financing

I for one would like to see Russia more PRE rather than always post reactionary, always on defensive

edit on 22-2-2015 by DanielJacksonKree because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: DanielJacksonKree

Yes, I too would love to see Russia invade more countries. We can really rack up a good death count, make Stalin proud.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Yes, I too would love to see Russia invade more countries. We can really rack up a good death count, make Stalin proud.

Russia/Crimea = 0 deaths 0 casualties, no shots fired.

US/middle east = ? Estimated to be up in the hundreds of thousands, that's just the deaths.

I would take Russia "invading" any day over America "freeing" a country.

edit on 22-2-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Yes, i've read about a 17 billion loan offer through IMF in March 2014 but it is rather odd since the association agreement with the EU was of the table in November and Russia offered 15 Billion and energy reductions.
The question for me is than, why would the IMF still be needed? furthermore the IMF had some unrealistic demands to Ukraine if it would accept the loan.
Somebody posted a link somewhere on ATS about this.
We must assume than that the offer of Russia was never dealt with because of Maidan which means that partly Russia acted PRE when it became apparent that the position of Yanukovych was untenable.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad

US/middle east = ? Estimated to be up in the hundreds of thousands, that's just the deaths.

So as long as people do not die it's ok for the US to invade and annex any country they like?

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   

So as long as people do not die it's ok for the US to invade and annex any country they like?

No I was commenting on your "racking up the death toll" nonsense but don't let that get in the way of your bs.

I thought they do that anyway? Drone strikes on pakistan , invasion of Iraq / Afghanistan, airstrikes on Syria, the whole Libya fiasco etc etc They might not outright annex them but they are trying to control them.

Here's a question for you, is it ok for the US to kill hundreds of thousands because it thinks the country needs "freedom"?
edit on 22-2-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Can we please keep this thread free of personal attacks?

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   

No I was commenting on your "racking up the death toll" nonsense but don't let that get in the way of your bs.

So then it's not ok for the US to do it .... but it's ok for Russia to do it? Death toll is in Ukraine, with a war kept going by Russian hardware and soldiers.

I thought they do that anyway? Drone strikes on pakistan , invasion of Iraq / Afghanistan, airstrikes on Syria, the whole Libya fiasco etc etc They might not outright annex them but they are trying to control them.

I don't see much control, and no annexation, which is what Russia has been doing.

Here's a question for you, is it ok for the US to kill hundreds of thousands because it thinks the country needs "freedom"?

Here's the question, are the people demanding freedom and being suppressed by a ruthless government who doesn't care about them and will simply kill them to silence them?

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

Is it ok for any country to kill hundreds of thousands?

Because most that have been at the top have killed millions.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Yes because the "revolution" was definitely backed by the west. Nobody ever looks at how Russia may well have destabilised Ukraine in order to intervene in Ukraine.

I really don't think Putin would be above that but it doesn't seem to matter anyway, what's happened has happened.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: DodgyDawg

Yes because the "revolution" was definitely backed by the west. Nobody ever looks at how Russia may well have destabilised Ukraine in order to intervene in Ukraine.

I really don't think Putin would be above that but it doesn't seem to matter anyway, what's happened has happened.

Why destabilize a country you already "own" politically?

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Mastronaut

It makes it easier to move Russian units onto occupied territory rather than trying to work a deal out where they would be restricted.

Secondly the Crimea was a goal. Another area where they were limited by treaty as to what they could place there.

break Ukraine up into regions make its easier for Russian to control the entire thing without having to worry about existence from Ukrainian government entities.

In Putins paranoid brain if the west were to attack Russia they would have to come through Ukraine / Belarus. There is no guarantee those nations would put up any type of resistance. This way, in Putins land of make believe and north korean unicorns, any attack can be met at the furthest possible distance.

Since Putin is the only one dreaming of conquest while thinking the world is out to get him I see him starting a war. In this case it wont be his military advisers pushing it but the voices in his head.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join