It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

would you in the UK know how to spot Martial Law?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Well it's pretty interesting, they say they dont call themselves officially Military Intelligence Five anymore, but their website address is exactly that:
www.mi5.gov.uk...

Some say churchill was actuslly a nazi sympathiser, I've read some things about him getting coco chanel personally out of trouble for helping the Nazis when they lived with her at the top floor of the rits hotel in Paris...

Would have to do more research to be sure though, if he personally appointed a new head of the security service in 1942 it seems unlikely that he would have appointed someone who done such a good job of catching Nazis if himself was a Nazi sympathiser... Or perhaps this is what we are supposed to think 3
they say history is written by the victors ...

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: funkadeliaaaa

Very informative . Thank you for sharing.
Where are you going with this because i fail to see the relevance of it as it stands?

edit on 22-2-2015 by Gideon70 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Seriously?!?
There is literally a pile of videos, transcripts and orders which belie Churchill's anti-Nazi fervor.
Hitler's supporters in Britain were the pacifist liberals led by the inept chamberlin.
Churchill was adamantly opposed to both communism and naziism. Not to mention his disdain for the dictatorial tendencies of Italy's mussolini.
There is absolutely no doubt historically that churchill's driving ambition was to wipe the nazi scourge as well as marxism off the planet.
If only we had listened to churchill, patton and macarthur and suffocated then invaded the bloated ussr. America and britain had the readiness and capability to force both the commies in russia and china respectively to acquiesce.
Ah but hindsight is 20/20.
Except for anyone who actually believes churchill to be a nazi sympathy. Frankly, that view is obtuse
-Christosterone

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Gideon70

I was thinking about writing a thread on churchills Nazi ties...

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: funkadeliaaaa

Which is exactly what I said.

Mi5 and Mi6 are not the official names anymore.

Just nicknames and short hand names.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Churchill was adamantly opposed to both communism and naziism. Not to mention his disdain for the dictatorial tendencies of Italy's mussolini.
There is absolutely no doubt historically that churchill's driving ambition was to wipe the nazi scourge as well as marxism off the planet.

Yep, thats the picture the public records depict...
But, if the private records give a different account of his views, then we may have enough to suspect he was disingineous when he denounced hitler and mousollini and the Nazi party to raptuerous appllause during the war...

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: funkadeliaaaa

I was thinking about writing a thread on churchills Nazi ties...

Well I suggest you do so , or get back on topic .
Are you deliberately trying to derail this thread ?
edit on 22-2-2015 by Gideon70 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

It doesnt change the fact that a former military intelligence agency, that at one time in its history went by the name of "Military Intelligence: 5" has now merged with the civilian police force, as part of a "special branch"...

We can both dance around semantics buddy... It doesnt change the facts..

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   

...absolutely not... (...was that a joke?
)

I beleive the thread title asks a fairly broad open question, so without derailing I have taken the liberty of attempting to answer this topic in a roundabout kind of way...

The title is:

"would you in the UK know how to spot Martial Law?"

If it turns out the military are in charge of the intelligence services (as they once were), then who's to say we are not already under some form of martial law regime, secretly governmed by the military establishment aka "shadow government" as some ppl call it. (I should add a shadow government is not necessarily run by the military, per say, but it might in some cases, for example in Egypt, they made jt pretty clear who was really in control of that country when they led the coup d'etat)

edit on 22 2 15 by funkadeliaaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Martial Law and the overreach of government and military are two entirely different things, and don't let the ranting Alex Jones try to tell you otherwise.

The things plenty of people on here claim is indicative of Martial Law are 99% of the time complete BS and overreaction, paranoia and delusion.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

By definitiin you are correct. But reality may be a bit different as in a secret shadow government operated ny the military...

I dont mean a bunch of conspirators attemoting a coup I mean a functional state that runs smoothly under their dominion, but unbeknownst of the general public...

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

Martial Law and the overreach of government and military are two entirely different things, and don't let the ranting Alex Jones try to tell you otherwise.

The things plenty of people on here claim is indicative of Martial Law are 99% of the time complete BS and overreaction, paranoia and delusion.

I know nothing of this Alex Jones character and i regard your opinion as being highly subjective.
why would you regard an opinion that doesn't match yours as being deemed paraniod or delusional ?

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: funkadeliaaaa

By definitiin you are correct. But reality may be a bit different as in a secret shadow government operated ny the military...

I dont mean a bunch of conspirators attemoting a coup I mean a functional state that runs smoothly under their dominion, but unbeknownst of the general public...

Now i see your point and you have my apologies.
It took you long enough to get there though lol .

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Now that ... workers are superfluous, what do you do with them? First of all, you have to make sure they don't notice that society is unfair and try to change that, and the best way to distract them is to get them to hate and fear one another.

Noam Chomsky.

CX

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gideon70

originally posted by: CX
Must admit, in the nine years i spent in the military police, i never once heard the topic of martial law even come up, or at least i can't recall it.

Never trained for it, or were ever lectured on it.

CX.

I have the greatest respect for the job you did .
However i find it hard to believe that the military do not train for martial law.
what if say for instance , there was a natural disaster , a coup , mass terrorism or rioting . All are possible , but you state that the military do not train for it.

I find that most puzzling...

Good point.

Only training i ever did as far as riot training, was before and during my N. Ireland training. We trained for our job within the forces, we trained for anything we were sent to do, but never once did the subject of martial law come up.

We assisted with things now and again, like when the hurricane hit and flooding, but not martial law as the OP here is talking about.

Just never came up. I'm not saying that it's not planned for at other levels or with other units, but as far as our unit was concerned, i never heard of it once.

CX.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

why would you regard an opinion that doesn't match yours as being deemed paraniod or delusional ?

I deem opinions to be paranoid and delusional when they are not based on any facts or any actual realities, and when they seem to be based on irrational fears or overly-dramatic notions.

We have absolutely no evidence for a lot of what people on ATS seem to believe.

Most of the things people post here seem to have nothing to do with genuine conspiracy theories, because to have a theory it needs to be based on some form of supporting evidence. Opinion is not evidence.

When someone comes to me with actual evidence of something, enough to make me actually wonder whether it's plausible, possible or likely, then I give it my time to seriously consider. When someone comes to me with a "conspiracy" which seems to be based on nothing but their own fears, or someone else's opinions, a random blog post of YouTube video, I ask for evidence and if nothing is supplied I consider it delusion.

The definition of delusion is as follows:

A delusion is the belief in something despite evidence to the contrary.

This seems to match a hell of a lot of what people post on ATS, including the regular threads about Martial Law.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Hey buddy. You're welcome to leave any time you like. Nobody forces you to come here.
Theories are just theories until they become fact.
A theory based on fact is no longer a theory.

edit on 23-2-2015 by Gideon70 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
a reply to: Gideon70i think the thousands upon thousands of child gang rapes is enough is enough,

And since all public broadcasting is controlled by a half dozen megacorporations (which would be pretty easy to take over quietly, from the top down...) this may have already happened.

I believe so too.
I think we are slowly heading towards Martial law in the UK.
The goverment is doing everything in can to promote hatred between the muslim communities and the rest of the population with the intent of causing mass bloodshed in the streets and then eventually gaining total control of everybody via Martial law.
They will then be able to arrest who they want and imprison them without trial.

Are we on the brink ?
i think thousands upon thousands of child gang rapes is enough to arrest all the male muslims in Rotherham. They should be questioned and put on trial.
edit on 23-2-2015 by disregard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Hey buddy. You're welcome to leave any time you like. Nobody forces you to come here.
Theories are just theories until they become fact.
A theory based on fact is no longer a theory.

Actually, a theory (ie. theorum) is based on testable evidence making it a fact. You're thinking of a hypothesis.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join