It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Falls Church, VA Democratic Party Chairman plotted to hire hitman to kill girls he molested

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Accused child molester Michael Gardner attempted to hire a hit man to kill the child witnesses in his case, according to prosecutors.

The stunning information was released during the pretrial motion for a new child sex abuse case against Gardner, WUSA9's Peggy Fox reported.

Gardner's most recent victim is a family member who was under 13 at the time of the assault.

Gardner still faces the charges from 2011 and he will be tried again. He's accused of sexually fondling the girls during the night at his daughter's slumber party.

The new information came from a jailhouse informant, who had knowledge only Gardner could provide, and told authorities that Gardner thought that if there were no witnesses left, there would be no trial.

Prosecutors are trying to put Gardner's attorney Chris Liebig on the stand to testify about the new claims from the informant. Liebig called the informant a professional snitch and says his client denies the allegations. Prosecutors are taking them seriously, and say a number of people were targeted.

"We asked the Virginia State Police to investigating as we said because one of the things the informer told us that Mr. Gardner had made some death threats against the witnesses in the trial against him as, potentially myself, and the other prosecutors and potentially one of the detectives" Nicole WIttmann, the special prosecutor stated.

Wow! Sick enough he molested these kids. But to try and kill them because he thought it would kill the case as well? Dumb criminals are out in force today, aren't they? Now these poor kids are going to have to redo the molestation trial and I hope they don't have to hear this mess as well. They're traumatized enough as it is. Hopefully they can be shielded from this, but somehow, I doubt it.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Stories like this make we sometimes wish public execution still existed.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ghostrager

Stories like this make we sometimes wish public execution still existed.

I would join you in that vote.

2nd

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

If he molested these girls he should get the max.

The charge that he plotted to hire a hit man comes from a jailhouse informant so that should at least be described as "allegedly."

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel

The charge that he plotted to hire a hit man comes from a jailhouse informant so that should at least be described as "allegedly."

Fair enough on the alleged hit man, but this is his second charge of molestation. The first he was convicted but the conviction was overturned and the case has to be retried.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Sounds like the job got the best of 'im.

He can still organize events from jail.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj

Fair enough on the alleged hit man, but this is his second charge of molestation. The first he was convicted but the conviction was overturned and the case has to be retried.

It's a shame the kids have to go through this twice.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Proof it doesn't matter what party you belong to. They are equally scumbags.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Sounds like the job got the best of 'im.

He can still organize events from jail.

He should look at it this way, now he'd have street cred!

2nd

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Hmm, my first thought is slight scepticism..so this child molester told his cellmate that he needed to kill the child witness to his molestations?
I would be surprised if a child molester would admit as much in lockup..a good shot at a death sentence via your peers so to speak.
Food for thought.

edit on 21-2-2015 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj

It's a shame the kids have to go through this twice.

As someone who went through this once and was so traumatized by it, I refused to go, I can tell you it is a very hard experience to even do. When people say you're being raped all over again, they are not lying. I was just past 7. I had been raped at age 7 by my sitter for about a year, and during trial had to deal with him stalking me. To sit across from him, to see his face day after day, and see it again, night after night while I tried to sleep, while he was outside my window, was very terrifying as a child. I now have very severe PTSD because of it. My deepest sympathies lie with these child. They will now have to face their rapist. They will now memorize his face again. I pray they find another place to look. I certainly wish I had. I have his image burned on my brain for the last 37 years. Of all the things I've forgotten over the years, I'd wish I'd forgotten his face, the rape, and the fact that he only got 6 months probation because his father was fire chief. I'm sure these kids are wishing some of the same things.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Hmm, my first thought is slight sceptisism..so this child molester told his cellmate that he needed to kill the child witness to his molestations?
I would be surprised if a child molester would admit as much in lockup..a good shot at a death sentence via your peers so to speak.
Food for thought.

Certainly anything is possible. Some cellmate informants are known to lie to try and reduce their sentences.

2nd.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
You are a very strong person to have gone through what you have. Im sorry the justice system offered you no justice.
Just to be clear, I in no way would support this piece of crap..I just question jailhouse snitches and being a child molester in prison is a death sentence..fittingly so imo. Maybee he thought he was in the presence of a simular offender.

edit on 21-2-2015 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Man what kind of people do this

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I personally know a guy who was caught by his wife touching a young girl during a sleep over. He has bi-polar disorder and is on meds and in this instance he was drunk too. His wife called the cops on him and he fled the cops by stealing his wife's car, there was a foot chase too. He has been in and out of jail for various things over the years, yet his condition was used as an excuse to get off the hook in this case.

I was his friend for a while, but his "condition" caused me to give up on him, he was unstable and unpredictable and I haven't associated with him for years because of that. He was often off his meds, but neither myself, nor his own wife, could over look this one. He should be in jail right now, but somehow he got sympathy and the victim must not have considering how things ended up turning out.

On the other hand, he is shunned by all who knew him locally and I often hear people use slurs when mentioning him. I don't wish him harm really, but I hope anyone new he meets finds out his story before getting involved with him. I'm no expert by a long shot, but he should be locked up in a psych ward for the rest of his days at the very least.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
You are a very strong person to have gone through what you have. Im sorry the justice system offered you no justice.
Just to be clear, I in no way would support this piece of crap..I just question jailhouse snitches and being a child molester in prison is a death sentence..fittingly so imo. Maybee he thought he was in the presence of a simular offender.

Thank you for your kind words. And I understand your position. I feel the same about jail house snitches. Sometimes it's hard to determine who is telling the truth, and who is lying to get a better deal out of the prosecution for themselves. Some innocent men have gone to jail for this reason while they await trial. That's why I take their word with a VERY massive grain of salt.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanielJacksonKree

Man what kind of people do this

The lowest, of the lowest, of the low. Cockroaches are higher on the food chain that these guys.

2nd

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
I personally know a guy who was caught by his wife touching a young girl during a sleep over. He has bi-polar disorder and is on meds and in this instance he was drunk too. His wife called the cops on him and he fled the cops by stealing his wife's car, there was a foot chase too. He has been in and out of jail for various things over the years, yet his condition was used as an excuse to get off the hook in this case.

I was his friend for a while, but his "condition" caused me to give up on him, he was unstable and unpredictable and I haven't associated with him for years because of that. He was often off his meds, but neither myself, nor his own wife, could over look this one. He should be in jail right now, but somehow he got sympathy and the victim must not have considering how things ended up turning out.

On the other hand, he is shunned by all who knew him locally and I often hear people use slurs when mentioning him. I don't wish him harm really, but I hope anyone new he meets finds out his story before getting involved with him. I'm no expert by a long shot, but he should be locked up in a psych ward for the rest of his days at the very least.

I truly feel the most sorry for the young girl he molested. I can tell you now, no justice really messes with your head. It leaves you with the impression that it was your doing. YOU caused this. That's why there was no justice. Even when you rationalize there's no way, those 'demon thoughts", as I call them, still creep in and mess with you.

top topics

join