It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reformation of the united nations.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
Who supports this change, and who would rather throw the United Nations into the shredder?
[edit on 17-12-2004 by ZeroDeep]

Gotta be the shredder.

Do they do any good?

Okay, abit of aid and relief but is that something that others don't.

The U.N voted against going into Iraq i believe but did America do it anyway? Did the U.K do it anyway? YES!!! When the U.S isn't in control of the U.N they ignore it.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Shorty if you think the only positives the UN provides the world is "a bit of aid and relief" I suggest you go look at what they actually do.

It's a tad more than "a bit" and there's a lot more than just aid and relief.

(......and no doubt if the UN stood powerful enough to 'make' countries abide by it's decisions you'd be complaining about a NWO and getting into that - in my opinion - particular little fantasy.)

That seems a little 'wanting it both ways' to me.

The reason why the UN is as weak as it is is because no countries wanted to be 'made' to follow it's rulings, they didn't want a NWO type UN - except in extreme circumstances..... for instance, were it not for a quirk there would have been no UN sanctioned Korean war.

But for all it's flaws to claim it does so little is really to expose you own lack of knowledge about it.

[edit on 28-12-2004 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
(......and no doubt if the UN stood powerful enough to 'make' countries abide by it's decisions you'd be complaining about a NWO and getting into that - in my opinion - particular little fantasy.)
edit on 28-12-2004 by sminkeypinkey]

Very true

So there is a bit more than a little aid and relief but what else do they do for the greater good?

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by shorty
So there is a bit more than a little aid and relief but what else do they do for the greater good?

- Don't be silly shorty. I told you, I'm not going to spoon feed you the easy stuff and that kind of info is very easy to find out yourself.

Look into it yourself, it'll be good for you.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Thanks for the ideas SP.
I still cant believe that the US made that loop hole to justify going into iraq.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey

- Don't be silly shorty. I told you, I'm not going to spoon feed you the easy stuff and that kind of info is very easy to find out yourself.

Look into it yourself, it'll be good for you.

If you intend to raise a point I expect you to back it up. Why should I go out of my way to prove your point?

I see this all the time from you i ask something that maybe you can't answer so you go on about spoon feeding. Its getting annoying now.

So bottom line and this is the bottom line back up what you say!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The UN does diplomatic missions, weapon inspectors...etc

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
The UN does diplomatic missions, weapon inspectors...etc

Can't argue with a diplomatic mission but weopens inspections weren't very good in Iraq were they.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Can't argue with a diplomatic mission but weopens inspections weren't very good in Iraq were they.

Are there any weapons of mas destruction there?
No, before you say they where moved to syria i want to say to you that if they where then why does america not invade there then?

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   

If you intend to raise a point I expect you to back it up. Why should I go out of my way to prove your point?

- I am not expecting you to prove my point but correct your own ignorance.
You spoke about what they did and you clearly knew nothing about them.

You point your error.

I see this all the time from you i ask something that maybe you can't answer so you go on about spoon feeding. Its getting annoying now.

- No.
What actually is annoying is the kind of idle troll who asks other people to make the simplest of enquiries for them as they spout their ill-informed ignorant rubbish.

What's up shorty, incapable of using a search engine are we?

So bottom line and this is the bottom line back up what you say!!!!!!

- Just this once I'll give a link for this kind of thing www.un.org....

But it really is the height of idle ignorance to sit there talking crap about an huge and important organisation and refuse to go look up some facts yourself.

Afterall, you are the one who claimed they were just about a little "aid and relief" and reckoned they were only worth shredding because of that.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join