It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

If There’s a Strong Smell of Chlorinated Lime In My Bedroom, Can I Assume That…

page: 2
<< 1   >>

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 11:56 PM
I prob wouldn't start with the dead bodies in acid baths theory, but I would have the manager inspect the roof plumbing vent line for a clog, such as an animal, they seldom put critter guards on them. Also have them check your drain traps. Junk builds up in them and they grow bacteria and will reek.

You can do a smell test at all of your drains and overflows and toilet base wax ring seal...If it is coming from plumbing issues, you will know it immediately.

Aside from that, if your getting a chemical smell, find out if they are bug bombing or spraying in adjacent units.

I just did my shower drain, it reeked like lime, sewage and sulfur, hair and soap scum had built up in the trap, it was so calcified from soap and minerals, I had to chisel it out with a hammer and screwdriver. A plumber can run a cutter right through it in seconds.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:15 AM
Besides reporting the problem to the maintenance department, it might be a good idea to keep a notes of the days and dates when each particular smell occurs.

If there is a pattern to it, that would make it easier to pinpoint where the problem is likely to be. For instance, the dirty mop smell could be due to a neighbour or janitor cleaning floors regularly, say on Mondays.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 03:57 AM
a reply to: theworldisnotenough

If I were you I would report everything to other people in the building including your speculation

You have to cover yourself in case your speculation is real

Also maybe let the cops know

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 07:22 AM

originally posted by: DanielJacksonKree

If I were you I would report everything to other people in the building including your speculation

You have to cover yourself in case your speculation is real

I did just that years ago in an apartment building where I resided and where there were not one, but two meth labs.

My apartment, almost full time, was like a gas chamber beyond your wildest imagination.

I did go to neighbors’ apartments advising the residents as to what was going on. I was nothing more than a polite advocate for crime prevention.

Shortly thereafter, I got a piece of certified mail from the landlord delivered to me.

It contained a formal, legal notice to cease and desist or face eviction.

“Cease and desist what?” you may be asking.

Cease and desist harassing the neighbors.

To make a long story short, I was forced out. Conditions there were so intolerable that I had to move anyway. (Footnote: a housing court judge screamed at me in an open courtroom: “If it’s so horrible, why don’t you move; if it’s so horrible why don’t you move?” So much for “a man’s home is his castle” principle of common law! I replied that I should not have to move to accommodate someone else’s criminality. I had more to say, but the judge quickly slammed me quiet by talking right over me.)

From that apartment, under pressure to get out, I secured a short-term rental of a freestanding one-family house that was very, very old yet nicely renovated.

Half the basement was finished creating a very large carpeted room that was suitable for an office.

The carpet had moisture problems and was so uneven that you’d think that it was placed directly over lumpy soil, and there was an incredible stench in that room, so much so that a friend that I had over said: “You have a dead body buried under this house.”

I set up two ionized ozone-producing air purifiers in that room. They handled the stench beautifully, and the air actually became a pleasure to breath there.

I now have just such an ionized ozone-producing air purifier going in my bedroom non-stop. I also have a more conventional air purifier with a filter going.

These air purifiers are doing absolutely NOTHING to alleviate the problem of the poor air quality in the bedroom.

I am not a chemist, but because of what I just stated, I think that the pollutants in my bedroom are inorganic thus eliminating from consideration anything that can be blamed on defective plumbing or such.

To the person who asked about whether or not I have a basement: the answer is “No.” My apartment is on a slab and pipes’ running under my bedroom is highly improbable.

Thank you all for your interest and input on this matter.
edit on 22-2-2015 by theworldisnotenough because: Added a minor clarification to a sentence.

edit on 22-2-2015 by theworldisnotenough because: Corrected a misspelling.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 08:10 AM
Back in 2003 there was the story of Antoine Yates.

As I remember the story, his downstairs neighbor complained about animal urine raining down from her ceiling and the roar of a wild animal over a long period of time to the public housing‘s management to no avail. Such are landlords.

Then the story broke.

See: Police Subdue Tiger in Harlem Apartment and Ming of Harlem.

I am left wondering: how could a single man, Antoine Yates, qualify for a five-bedroom luxury apartment in Manhattan public housing? How is it that he was allowed to have subtenants share that apartment? Is this allowed in public housing? Oh, well, you see that such are landlords.

edit on 22-2-2015 by theworldisnotenough because: Added punctuation.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 09:47 AM
Your story is quite disturbing. Considering all the problems you've had in the past reporting on obviously criminal activities, I'd carefully report this somehow. Some of the suggestions here sound like a good place to start.

I'd want to know what's going on myself and would do what I could to find out if someone's dead body is reeking up my bedroom somehow, I'd feel obligated to do so personally.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 11:03 AM

chemical drain cleaners.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 01:00 PM

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

chemical drain cleaners.

Chemical drain cleaner?

I don't think so.

In all probability, if it were a chemical drain cleaner, then I'd sense it in the bathroom or at the kitchen sink. This is not the case, at all. I sense what I suspect as being chlorinated lime in my bedroom.

Anyway, I intend to get a cadaver dog in here as early as tomorrow if it is not prohibitively expensive to do so.

Before I do so, I have to ask any trainer/handler how the dog may react if it senses an odor from above. I'd like to know if the dog will be smart enough to go upstairs to the neighbor's door pretty much on his own. If things look even half-way definitive with the dog, then things will be reported to law enforcement.

If I can't get a cadaver dog over here, then I guess I will do nothing unless there is some significant development here or in the news.
edit on 22-2-2015 by theworldisnotenough because: Expounded on a sentence.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 09:54 PM
you could anonymously get the police to do a "welfare check" on the neighbor

I have a friend that's studying to be a forensic anthropologist (just started their Master's Degree), they get a similar smell when visiting body farms or labs.
Maybe the neighbor works at a morgue or something and the smell is from their washing ?
edit on 2222015 by AkaDeDrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 08:15 PM
If I thought my neighbor was dissolving a body, my first concern wouldn't be proving it but, rather, not becoming the next victim. I haven't seen you express any concern about that. Why?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>