It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Community saves little boy's birthday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
"Heartwarming moment dozens of cops and firefighters flocked to autistic boy's birthday party after his heartbroken mom revealed none of his classmates turned up"

www.dailymail.co.uk... rned-up.html

Apparently DM doesn't know what brevity is, so I had to edit the article title down. Sorry mods.

In any event, saw this story earlier and thought it was pretty cool. Not so much because of the involvement of the PD and FD, but it sounds like a bunch of people from the community pitched in and gave this little boy a birthday he won't forget for quite some time.

As the parent of a couple kids this age, I know how much it would break my heart if we had a party and none of their friends made it.

Seems like this community made a real effort to make it a special day for this little guy. Warms the cockles of my cold dark heart.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6
Exactly as it should be! Nothing is more important than the happiness of a child. That really should have been our goal all along. As a parent, there is nothing better than seeing my son smile, it affects me, not only with him, but how I face the world. I am sure it has hit those who attended in the same way, police firemen or whoever! S&F about time we had a happy story.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Shame on the invitees. Kudos to the community and public servants...so freaking awesome.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Exactly! When my kids are happy and joyous, it makes everything a little better for me!

@ kosmic- when I started reading I expected it to just be a story about them (PD and FD) letting him climb around on their equipment but was pleasantly surprised to see it was way, way more than that

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
This is some cool stuff.
Really nice to see a community rally around some one that needs it.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Right? I never got a flyover for a birthday. That's quite a cherry on top

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

What kinda' classmates does this kid have? What a bunch of zeros to include their parents.

My heart is brightened to see others pick up the ball and do the right thing.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Here's a story from my home town:
“I wanted the world to sign my dad’s birthday card”

but sort of in reverse, the son wanted to do something for his hard working Dad. I did participate. I usually loathe Facebook, but it is good for things like this. An extra bonus was getting to meet some very nice people that I actually see in my community and it made an unforgettable memory for each who participated as well.

Looks like Glenn had a great party, it's cool some brought gifts too, how nice!

I particularly love the first photo of Glenn holding the amped race car, his smile says "I had a better party without you a**h***s anyway, HA!"

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ABNARTY

That's what I wanted to know! Not a single one of them?!? Really??

I think mom did a good job of letting them know they suck without being too nasty about it though at least.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

That is quite simply beautiful.

Enough said, although a second line is required. Paradoxical eh?
edit on 22-2-2015 by TrueBrit because: Poor grammar throughout second line, required panel beating and threatening with a honey badger. All is now well.

join