It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reality TV Star Ahmad Givens, AKA Real dead at 33 of Colon Cancer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
After a 2 year battle of Stage IV Colon Cancer, Ahmad Givens has died at the age of 33.

The VH1 reality star and rapper, who also went by the name Real, was 33-years-old when he passed away on Thursday, according to TMZ.

The Real Chance Of Love star was diagnosed with cancer in 2013 after complaining of flu like symptoms.

On Thursday Givens complained he had trouble with his sight and died only a few hours later.

He had been bedridden since January.

Givens had an operation to remove cancerous growths from his colon in December 2013.

While in surgery, doctors removed most of his liver after they found seven tumors.

In April 2014 the star talked to Urban Daily.

'I found out I had cancer on January 7th in 2013, the day before my birthday. I went out to an outdoor event and I got sick.

'When my brother an I were traveling home, I remember telling him I felt like I was coming down with the flu or something. After that day, I never got any better.

'I went and saw three different doctors and they all misdiagnosed me. One told me I had hepatitis A. Another told me I might have mono. One told me I might have the Norovirus.

'But what made me check into the ER is the last doctor who misdiagnosed me gave me antibiotics. The antibiotics gave me chronic diarrhea and I dropped like thirty pounds in two weeks.'

The I Love New York star added, 'I checked myself into the hospital March 14, 2013 and March 15, 2013 is when the doctor came in crying and I knew something was seriously wrong.

'She said, “I have bad news to tell you. You have cancer. You have stage four colon cancer.”'

The musician also said, 'She was crying to the point she had to send in another doctor to finish telling me. He was an Asian doctor and I wanted to karate kick his face in because everything was from with him.

'He told me, “You don’t have that much longer to live. You have about two weeks to live. I’m sorry, but there’s nothing we can do for you.” After that he just walked out. I couldn’t believe it. It seemed like a dream.'

I'll admit, way back when, I used to watch some of the reality shows, including this one. He was actually a good guy. His brother was a mess and a half, but this was one of the good guys that made you think the only reason he went on this show was because of his brother. You almost felt sorry for him. He was lucky in that the girl was semi-decent, but they ended up splitting afterward, which I saw coming. I felt for this guy when I saw he'd been diagnosed. And the way he'd been diagnosed, seriously doctors can be such jerks sometimes. What a crappy way to find out.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

RIP.

That's way too young by anybody's standards.

Nice shoes as well... Have a good journey Real!

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

RIP.

That's way too young by anybody's standards.

Nice shoes as well... Have a good journey Real!

Most definitely.

(Every photo I've ever seen him in, he always had a wonderful sense of style, and in the show, he had a great touch of class about him. He said he got his nickname because he believed in "keeping it real".)

R.I.P Real May you be pain free where you are now.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

This scares me so bad. Lost my grandpa to this (amongst a host of other issues) and my father had first stage colon polyps pretty severely about ten years about now. I've been getting checked regularly since I was 19 years old. I'm sure ever guy who just read that flinched like a mofo... Lol. If you gotta get it done.. Wouldn't you rather it be effective? That's my outlook any way, I don't wanna have some doc take it to me just to get bad news lol.

I'm now only 29 but I've lost 2 people I graduated school with to cancer and 2 more are fighting it.. It's a crazy world. Nutrition and exercise is so important on top of a monster dose of luck..

RIP real, couple fingers once a year coulda stopped this tho.. Not trying to be insensitive but that's just the gross ugly truth, coulda saved this guy's life.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: mindseye1609

This scares me so bad. Lost my grandpa to this (amongst a host of other issues) and my father had first stage colon polyps pretty severely about ten years about now. I've been getting checked regularly since I was 19 years old. I'm sure ever guy who just read that flinched like a mofo... Lol. If you gotta get it done.. Wouldn't you rather it be effective? That's my outlook any way, I don't wanna have some doc take it to me just to get bad news lol.

I'm now only 29 but I've lost 2 people I graduated school with to cancer and 2 more are fighting it.. It's a crazy world. Nutrition and exercise is so important on top of a monster dose of luck..

RIP real, couple fingers once a year coulda stopped this tho.. Not trying to be insensitive but that's just the gross ugly truth, coulda saved this guy's life.

Years ago, my doctor found a few mild polyps but said adding more fiber to my diet should help. Now when I have a sandwich, I make it with spinach, instead of lettuce, and a lot of it! Plus I enjoy more salads than I used to. Especially now that I'm single. My ex hated salads. So far, knock on lots of wood, things have been good in that arena. Women AND Men should always be checked!
edit on 2/22/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

join