It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine............Preparing for full scale war..............

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

In fact i understand all the more why Russia invaded Ukraine and wants its grip on eastern Ukraine.

Russia has enough resources itself, it happened because of the actions of the West.

China was going to make huge investments and Russia was willing to give them much better loan.

Was Maidan supposed to pull Ukraine away from ... China?

They could have become the road between Asia/Eurasia and Europe over time, they don`t have much to win in being in the EU. Russia was even willing to let them have trade agreements with the EU.

But as you can see it was also about controlling the Ukraine and taking its resources by Western Oligarchs, and NATO being on Russia`s its doorstep even more.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

I came across this tonight. Now since it wasn't in the news here I didn't know about it. But I thought it would be food for thought.

defenceforumindia.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Maybe read some more...

Former Ukrainian Prime Minister: US embassy had Ukraine coup script

MOSCOW, February 22. /TASS/. The script of a coup d’etat that occurred a year ago in Ukraine had not been written by oppositionists in Kiev but was in the US embassy, former Ukrainian Prime Minister Nikolai Azarov said on the NTV television channel.

"The script was not written in Kiev. It was in the US embassy," Azarov said. "And the key puppet masters were not on Maidan [Independence Square in Kiev - the symbol of Ukrainian protests]. These dummies did not really manage anything and did not influence anything."

He said the West was discontented with the policy of then-Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovich because Ukraine announced during his presidency that it "will not join NATO."

"That policy did not suit the United States and some partners in the EU," the ex-premier said. "They were constantly lecturing us. Active preparation started, which I did not pay proper attention to."

More Here

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Yes i know, but what we see is war which is no civil war between east and west but a war between Ukraine and Russia!
And Ukraine should be free to decide if it wants to trade with the EU or not, why should Russia have a say in it?
Of course Russia can make a stand as they did, the EU did as well because both the EU and Eurasia are trade blocks and Ukraine therefore can't be the bridge between the two like Yanukovych had in mind.
But Ukraine should be free to trade with both, no matter if they join Eurasia or the EU.
Our country has joined the EU but we also trade with Russia, the EU cannot forbid us to do so.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

According to Azarov .. who said nothing about this until after he was charged as an international criminal. Sounds really legit. I will counter with this .... A top Kremlin aide, Vladislav Surkov, had organised snipers

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   

There are 8 million ethnic Russian's that live Ukraine's east and south (20% of the population of Ukraine)
Even though they are Russian's , they still hold Ukrainian citizenry
This is why many fail to realize this is a civil war moreso than a war between Russia and Ukraine.
An excuse kiev uses for the atrocities it commits upon it's own citizens and why it is percieved as more acceptable.
When in reality we are witnessing another Yugoslavia, ethnic cleansing and the like
What areas of Ukraine kiev would have you believe was obtained by recent conquest by Russia have always been occupied by Russian's.
Copy and paste

edit on 22-2-2015 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: all2human

Maybe you could explain that a little, because I don't get it? Russia was founded in Ukraine, Kiev is the birth city, so to speak. So yes Russia existed way before the Ukr. became a own nation. So after all: all Ukr. are essentially Russians.
There are just not communists. It's democrats versus communists if you ask me. But maybe you can explain me why you think it is the democrats killing their own people? Or did i read that wrong? It's a matter of ideology not nationality.
edit on -06:00America/ChicagoAmerica/ChicagopSundayAmerica/Chicago by Peeple because: oopsy

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Even on Dutch news TV, and they are just as biased as BCC and the likes, "You can`t trust anything coming from Kiev"...that`s what I have heard them say several times.

Almost everything, and I mean everything coming from Kiev is a bunch of BS.
edit on 22 2 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

Almost everything, and I mean everything coming from both sides is a bunch of BS.

Fixed it for you.

Unfortunately you gobble up RT and Russian sources, which while the West is unreliable, RT makes the Western sources look like the best on Earth.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   

You can not believe a single word out of Ukraine. The people in Kiev have lied over and over. Get better sources than them. They will say anything.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Don`t do it too much, it becomes too obvious.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae

You can not believe a single word out of Ukraine. The people in Kiev have lied over and over. Get better sources than them. They will say anything.

You completely missed the point. Perhaps you should read my last 5 posts and you will understand.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   

What areas of Ukraine kiev would have you believe was obtained by recent conquest by Russia have always been occupied by Russian's.

It does not matter if a portion of the population is russian in the eastern area, it is Ukraine territory within the borders of Ukraine.
One cannot simply decide that it should be a part of Russia, moreover in the Budapest treaty in which Ukraine promised to do away all its nukes, both the UK and USA but also Russia guaranteed the integrity of the borders of Ukraine if it would be invaded.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   
One cannot simply decide its ok to bomb your own people, and spin it to the public that its an offensive against Russian invaders.

edit on 22-2-2015 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=19032704]
Some say taking back what's rightfully Russia's.

Ok Russia first.

When Russia leaves Kaliningrad then they can use the who used to own what bs.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I'm totally confused after reading this thread. I'm no idiot, but I can't differentiate opinion vs. facts in here, and with my foggy brain tonight ............

Nevermind. I forgot what I wanted to ask :/

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: RobinB022

Im trying to create a thread wont let me why?

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: iSeeIn4D

You need 20 posts to do so.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: iSeeIn4D

You can't start your own thread until you have 20 posts/comments.

Welcome

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: earthling42

It does not matter if a portion of the population is russian in the eastern area, it is Ukraine territory within the borders of Ukraine.
One cannot simply decide that it should be a part of Russia, moreover in the Budapest treaty in which Ukraine promised to do away all its nukes, both the UK and USA but also Russia guaranteed the integrity of the borders of Ukraine if it would be invaded.

I Guess the Ukraine in the east dont agree With you. And i Guess that is why there is a war going on.

Who does Ukraine belong to? The Ukraine government?

If Ukriane belongs to the People and the People are devided between the west and the east. Does East Ukraine automatically belong to the People in the West? They dont even live there.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join