It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who's the Boss?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I recently read a post where a member claimed that cat owners were actually owned by their cats. I have two cats, a dog, and two lizards, and I would argue that the dog owns my boyfriend and I. She's a great dog, well trained, knows her territory, listens; but, that being said, breakfast is at 7 and dinner is at 6, and if you lose track of time, you can bet she hasn't. Four am, cozy in bed, she needs to pee...well there's no denying her. Want to go away for a day or two, she needs a babysitter.

My cats on the other hand...are independent. I set out food, I sift the cat litter, give a scratch every now and then, and they're happy. Leave them alone for a day? Who cares, just set out more food.

So in my household, it's the dog who owns us. How about everyone else? Who's the boss in your herd of animals?

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
So I take it that you haven't trained your dog to use the toilet or a can opener yet?

What's wrong with you???

BTW...Love those eyes!

Peace

edit on 21-2-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Hahahahahahaha.

She won't learn! It's almost like she's some kind of animal!

a reply to: jude11

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
Who's the boss in your herd of animals?

Me. The dogs go by my schedule. But we do have a doggie door, so they have 24/7 access to the potty.

We have a cat but she lives outside (she walked up and adopted us one day). Your cat is beautiful!

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I no longer have a pet

But a few years ago now ... a cat adopted me ...
I had been looking after a friend who was terminally ill

The cat was due to go to her sisters ... but refused to leave my side

So she ended up with me

She was a bossy so and so ... a little princess ... spoiled rotten
I would buy a variety of different foods for her and place different bowls of food out for her

I soon learned she loved the best quality fish ...warm also ...

When she thought it was my bed time she would let me know
If I did not comply ... she would patter her paws and get most indigent until I complied

She lived to be 21 ... bless her.

So yes she was the Boss for sure

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I wish we had the kind of weather that warranted a doggie door! I also wish my cats were of the outdoor variety...

Maybe we're just softies when it comes to the dog.

The Cat says thank you. I found her in a barn, and found what must be her cousin in the same barn about two years later, both with the bi coloured eyes.

a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

This is Sophie.
She rules my world.

I also have a beautiful black cat (Macy), but she's merely another minion...like me.

A ferret is not a pet. It is the mind of Stephen Hawking in the body of a furry snake.
I love her too much, lol.

jacygirl

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Awww! I always wanted a ferret, but our house is constantly under renovation, so too many places to escape to and get in trouble, or get hurt.

Does she give you much trouble?

a reply to: jacygirl

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
What a spoiled princess! What kind of cat was she? Im picturing a Siamese or Himalayan type, but any cat can be bossy, that's for sure.

a reply to: artistpoet

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Ahh...hahahaha....Atsbhct, does she give me much trouble? ALWAYS!!

No one would believe the reality, lol.
The entire household is geared up for her safety, comfort and enjoyment.

I have 'empty nest' syndrome, and she is my love-child. I find her absolutely adorable.
Sadly, they don't live long and are prone to cancer. We had 3 originally, and are now down to Sophie.
They all had their own unique personalities, and I cried hard when I lost them.

In my opinion, they are NOT good pets for children...or adults without enough time. But if you ever get one, be prepared to fall in love.

jacygirl

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
She sounds like so much fun!

a reply to: jacygirl

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

This is a painting I did of her ... it is a detail from a self portrait ... which of course she insisted she should be in

Not sure of breed/type but I was told she was part Main Coon ... The painting does not really show her furryness

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Beautiful. You're very talented. I always play with watercolours, but the cats won't sit still for long enough.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Nor would she sit still for long enough ... so I used photographs as reference material

I paint with acrylics ... which are water based ... I start off similar to water colours and build up in layers gradually thickening the paint strokes

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
The result is very nice. I have trouble painting fur, but love painting wildlife, so I use a looser approach.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Very good ... I love a looser approach but am a bit anal/perfectionist lol

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Don't be rediculous, the cats don't own us. If they did it would mean that they are responsible for taking care of us. We just gave them the authority to rule us. We are their surfs. We have free will as long as we clean up all their crap and make sure to keep their food rolling on in. To make our lives easier it is beneficial to keep them supplied with catnip

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
Beautiful. You're very talented. I always play with watercolours, but the cats won't sit still for long enough.

Don't paint the cat, paint the canvas.

Cats don't like painty fur.

Peace

new topics

top topics

join