It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has a false prediction thread OP ever apologised?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Yes you have seen it before
"i have a feeling about the 20th"
or "psychic gives date 3rd to 5th big event
or "obama is in denver major event going down"

you know, the typical "something huge is going down"

As usual nothing, zero, zilch happens.

And after 20 pages of absolute dribble, sometimes the threads go on way past the failed date.

The OP however, is nowhere to be soon, no "oops my bad i will think twice before making these threads again"
Why? because he or she is too busy writing the next doom prediction thread!

Has there ever been an instance where they have apologised for wasting everybodys time with their prediction thread?

I do not even know why there is a blinking prediction section as it just encourages made up fantasies

edit on 21-2-2015 by kayleighkitty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: kayleighkitty

I agree with everything except the wasting everyone's time bit.

If people participate in such threads they are wasting their own time and encouraging the OP as well.

If no one answered, those threads will just fall away into the ATS abyss of nothingness.

Peace

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: kayleighkitty
Has there ever been an instance where they have apologised for wasting everybodys time with their prediction thread?

The people who read those threads are the people who are interested in the prediction, or are interested in 'failure watch' to be able to say 'I told you so' when it doesn't happen. Anyone who reads them has done so of their own choice. Therefore, the threads are not a waste of time.

As for apologizing, there is no need for people who bring prophecies forward to apologize. They bring them forward for discussion which is what those forums are for.

If they upset you so much, or you think they are a waste of your time, then just don't read them.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 2/21/2015 by FlyersFan because: mod tag

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   

All the lonely people, where do they all come from?

From "Yellow Submarine"--

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I love the 'there will be an earthquake' threads. Clearly newbie's to the prediction game as there are hundreds of pretty big earthquakes every year on Earth. They don't even bother with a time or date...just the dreaded 'it's coming soon!'.

Having said that I must admit I have met a fortune teller that knew things she simply could not have known.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
@ noel
i find it very hard to believe in psychics
they always give random names like " im getting a person with the name j is it julian or jill? does that name mean something to you"
or open questions like "i feel your grandfather had a chest condition before he passed"

just open statements, nothing direct, no dates, nothing just random open statements knowing there is a good chance it will connect

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Apologize for what?

No one forced you to read it. Nope. You did that.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Then don't believe in psychics, and don't read the predictions. Simple. Welcome to ATS, btw.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
To the best of my knowledge the answer is no. They have not. But, this question has sure been asked enough times now. Hopefully this can be the asking to end all askings

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
i'm still waiting for someone to admit they were full of # when it comes to ebola or the mayan nonsense, let alone predictions!

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

@ noel
i find it very hard to believe in psychics
they always give random names like " im getting a person with the name j is it julian or jill? does that name mean something to you"
or open questions like "i feel your grandfather had a chest condition before he passed"

just open statements, nothing direct, no dates, nothing just random open statements knowing there is a good chance it will connect

I know what you mean. I wasn't a believer either and still think that the vast majority of them are flakes and con men/women. I went to Uni and took way too many physics and math classes to believe in that stuff. I was watching a local TV channel and one came on, answered some people over the phone, got some good reactions like he was 'right' about what he was saying. I wrote down his name and looked it up, called the guy and set up an appointment. Just gave him my first name. It was many years ago and $100 back then was a hell of a price but I went and paid up. I rode my motorcycle over and looked pretty rough and the guy told me I didn't dress like this often, wore suit and tie usually. He was right but hey, he could have picked that up from visual cues. We sat down, he flipped the recorder on and started by telling me I was pretty skeptical of the whole thing so he would have to spend some time convincing me. He then went ahead and did that, discussing my family situation, which was very complex, to a perfect T. I started shifting uncomfortably on his sofa cause the guy simply couldn't know what he said. I didn't even tell my girlfriends that stuff! He went on explaining my childhood and some development twists and turns that again, he surely didn't know. I finally told him that I simply have to believe him.

Sometimes you have to experience it to have your belief's changed. I sure would have never believed it by reading some guys story on ATS. It's why I suggest if you have the chance to visit someone who has reached a little 'acclaim' then go for it...even if just as a joke like I did. Don't go to the neighborhood card reader. If you do then you may have to try to fit the experience into your logical world...something that took me many years.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Why do you feel that you are entitled to an "apology"? ....guess what, you're not!

If one chooses to participate and waste their time, then that is on them. (sort of like, if you don't like what's on the TV, change it instead of bitching about it)

I do not even know why there is a blinking prediction section as it just encourages made up fantasies

....yeah, that's why they call them predictions. Not prophecy (though some might claim they are prophets...so what, such is life)

What's it to you if others choose to engage in fantasy (as you seem to paint with a wide brush about predictions and lump ALL predictions in as "fantasy")?
Are we suddenly going to determine the content of this site based on what some members "think" should be "allowed" and what shouldn't? Really?

This isn't a rant....this is you whining.

trying to dictate what others do with their time. It's more annoying that the false predictions and people constantly claiming they were "right" when they were obviously not.

Just ignore that forum if you don't like it....others do. Leave them be.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Imagine the ego to think you are able to prophesize. lulz.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Imagine the ego in thinking one should have any level of control in regards to what others post or don't post on a site that ISN'T EVEN THEIRS....

....just imagine.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

If all you've lost is a little time reading a prediction thread, where's the harm?

I'd like to see some apologies from all the people that predicted that Obamacare was going to reduce health care costs. How about some apologies in advance from all the people that predict that Hillary Clinton or Jeb Bush will be a good President? And I really want apologies from all the people that promised me some global warming. I'm freezing my butt off, here.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jakal26

Imagine the ego in thinking one should have any level of control in regards to what others post or don't post on a site that ISN'T EVEN THEIRS....

....just imagine.

its just more infotainment for me.

Imagine that....
edit on 21-2-2015 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Imagine that...

I do, every time I go into such a forum and entertain my dome with what I choose.

I don't care what you're entertained by....

...apparently, the OP does. And wants apologies if it isn't what "entertains" him/her.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Since when do you have to apologize for making a fool of yourself?

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Since when do you have to apologize for making a fool of yourself?

I do it daily.

After four shots of tequila, every 15 minutes or so.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
This is the worst
this lady i can see the letter L for lier on her forehead

you should watch this i can tell she is a con artist from her body language, lame excuses and shuffling back and forth when being asked to do her psychic stuff on the spot

ps she declined the invite for the million challenge a few days later, weaseling her way out of it, as was obvious she would do

www.youtube.com...
edit on 22-2-2015 by kayleighkitty because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join