It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My neighbor just got evicted

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj then again, as I said, you never know.

Exactly the reason I have not judged either party, I don't know. I just want justice served, whatever that entails based on actual facts.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

I don't think Rose would even think of suing... she is fine with moving on and letting bygones be bygones... I don't think she understands how it might not be fair or that she could do something about it.

I would say she is fairly mature, although definitely youthful for her age of 50+ , but she does have a kid my age that she born and raised. She is living on her own at the moment, but she is also on disability for her autism and living in HUD housing. Her age makes her a sensible person who knows who she is and she is always happy, but she will do things like give away too much money to other people or buy people gifts when she is low on money herself...

So I would say she is pretty well off mentally but not at top notch for what society expects from a refined citizen of her age. I personally think she is fine, just a bit eccentric. But she can definitely take care of herself for the most part.
edit on 21pmSat, 21 Feb 2015 22:45:04 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 21pmSat, 21 Feb 2015 22:46:24 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

I don't think Rose would even think of suing... she is fine with moving on and letting bygones be bygones... I don't think she understands how it might not be fair or that she could do something about it.

Well it's not about her, it's about not letting people get away with trampling on the rights of others. Freedom is not free. Rights do not protect themselves.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Well it's not about her, it's about not letting people get away with trampling on the rights of others. Freedom is not free. Rights do not protect themselves.

That's very true but it works in both directions. We don't know the facts of the situation but HUD housing is presumably operated under federal regulations and it is highly unlikely that someone can be evicted easily or on a whim. Perhaps the OP could provide some more details about the history of this woman's behavior in the building in question and what specific incidents and lease violations were alleged.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I would say she is fairly mature, although definitely youthful for her age of 50+ , but she does have a kid my age that she born and raised. She is living on her own at the moment, but she is also on disability for her autism and living in HUD housing. Her age makes her a sensible person who knows who she is and she is always happy, but she will do things like give away too much money to other people or buy people gifts when she is low on money herself...

So I would say she is pretty well off mentally but not at top notch for what society expects from a refined citizen of her age. I personally think she is fine, just a bit eccentric. But she can definitely take care of herself for the most part.

That helps to give an understanding of where she is emotionally in terms of suing and if she would even understand the process involved. Do you know her new address? It might cheer her up at least to go for a visit when you have the time.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Occams, it doesn't seem she's the "fight the power" type.

I don't think she understands how it might not be fair or that she could do something about it.

Someone can be a guardian ad lidem(sp?) for her, and go through this process, but it doesn't look like it will be Rose herself.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
originally posted by: Tangerine

That's very true but it works in both directions. We don't know the facts of the situation but HUD housing is presumably operated under federal regulations and it is highly unlikely that someone can be evicted easily or on a whim. Perhaps the OP could provide some more details about the history of this woman's behavior in the building in question and what specific incidents and lease violations were alleged.

Depending on the lease, for example, month to month, the landlord doesn't need a reason. Mine gave me an eviction notice in November because he didn't want to fix a busted shower. I had until Christmas Eve to move out. I finally found a place the day before. The shower had been busted for FOUR MONTHS!! Not to mention there were holes in the walls letting mice in to chew all my clothes and food. I got sick of it and turned him into to Codes Enforcement.
edit on 2/22/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj

Depending on the lease, for example, month to month, the landlord doesn't need a reason. Mine gave me an eviction notice in November because he didn't want to fix a busted shower. I had until Christmas Eve to move out. I finally found a place the day before. The shower had been busted for FOUR MONTHS!! Not to mention there were holes in the walls letting mice in to chew all my clothes and food. I got sick of it and turned him into to Codes Enforcement.

You're saying federally subsidized housing doesn't have rules preventing this? I'm pretty sure that's not the case. We're discussing HUD housing in this case and, based on what I've been told by several people who would know, that's yearly lease only (no month-to-month).
edit on 22-2-2015 by Tangerine because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj

You're saying federally subsidized housing doesn't have rules preventing this? I'm pretty sure that's not the case. We're discussing HUD housing in this case and, based on what I've been told by several people who would know, that's yearly lease only (no month-to-month).

See, I've never been in HUD housing, so I honestly don't know the rules with that. Sorry, my mistake.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I guess the OP isn't interested in expanding on this by answering my question and providing more information.

<< 1   >>

join