It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeb Bush Overestimated the Size of ISIS by 1000% in his Foreign Policy Speech

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Jeb Bush blundered his big foreign policy debut and surprisingly, not a peep about it on ATS yet. This is the speech for which the "I'm my own man" statements were first released, in a packet that went out to the press on Tuesday. Anyone who is likely to vote in the GOP primaries, please do not help this clown get nominated (unless you were leaning toward Ben Carson, he's insane).

Supposedly, he's the 'smart one' but then again, the bar hasn't exactly been set very high. Annnnyway, Jeb "I'm my own man" Bush spoke in front of 800 or so folks and the press at the Chicago Council on Global Affairs on Wednesday, followed by a Q&A session and it suffices to say, he did not reveal himself to be very adept.

Some of the highlights:

- Stated that ISIS had 200,000 battle-tested men, when in fact the estimates are about 1/10th of that (20,000-30,000). A spokesman later said that he misspoke and actually "meant 20,000."

- Given that glaring inaccuracy, it shouldn't be surprising that he doesn't care enough to educate himself about ISIS to the extent that he'd know that the leader of ISIS is not:

"the guy that's the supreme leader or whatever his new title is — head of the caliphate."

- He's already invoking 9/11 as a justification for anything much like his brother's administration. From Politico:

"Time and time again, we have learned that if we withdraw from the defense of liberty elsewhere, the battle eventually comes to us anyway — in our cities, in our streets, and in our skies,” Jeb Bush said. “The enemies of freedom will never be content to live in their own dark corner of the globe. They must eventually strike out at America. And they often do."

Yes folks, we are obligated to military intervention after military intervention ad infinitum because 9/11 happened. That doesn't seem reasonable? Well then you obviously hate freedom, America, the troops, Thomas Jefferson and baby Jesus.

- What else can we justify with 9/11? Oh yeah, the NSA metadata collection program that has faded out of the media spotlight. No change from Obama or GWB here. From National Journal:

"That requires responsible intelligence-gathering and analysis, including the NSA metadata program, which contributes to awareness of potential terrorist cells and interdiction efforts on a global scale," Bush said. "For the life of me, I don't understand [how] the debate has gotten off track, where we're not understanding and protecting—we do protect our civil liberties, but this is a hugely important program to use these technologies to keep us safe"

- While he did manage to introduce a new term for his prospective policies, "liberty diplomacy," he really couldn't explain much about what these policies entailed. He's obviously hip to GWB's use of bravado in lieu of specifics. From Daily Beast:

"We have to develop a strategy, that’s global, that takes them out," Bush said. "First, the strategy, you know, needs to be restrain them, tighten the noose, and then taking them out is the strategy."

- He's already picking up where his brother left off with moronic mispronunciations, having his own noo-cue-ler moments. Come on, "Bo-coo" Haram? Not the end of the world, but is it too much to ask for somebody who wants to be President actually know the names of things and how to say them? Clearly he wants to be well rounded, he did after all say that he "[forces himself] to go visit Asia four times a year." (Don't do the Asians too much of a favor)

The Bush doth protest too much, methinks. Based on this speech, he's sounding a lot like GWB.
edit on 2015-2-21 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I feel sorry for the American public, your election choices are even smaller than ours. At least our democratic illusions are spread over a few parties

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   
If the Republicans stay true to form. The Big Money holds a Coronation.

Sadly, They have already decided Jeb is their boy.

It's going to be Bush v Clinton.....and their motto should be.

"We Really Don't Give A Crap What America Thinks".

edit on 21-2-2015 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   
It runs in the family.

Do you think he could ever top his brother?

www.youtube.com...
edit on 21-2-2015 by DMFL1133 because: Provided link instead. Video was not working.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
their motto should be.

"We Really Don't Give A Crap What America Thinks".

Amen!

I found a fun Venn Diagram of his advisors...

(And I am not a Hillary fan, but I don't have a fun diagram for her [yet]).

edit on 21-2-2015 by Elton because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I just can't believe it's going to be Clinton vs. Bush.

Guess I'll have to hold my nose and vote for Hillary. Who knows what damage Bush could do with a Republican congress especially the lunatics in the House.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

The electoral college already shows that and was proven with dubya.

When the electoral system out weighs the popular vote, what are we the people supposed to do?

That aside, I agree with what you have to say.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Since it really doesn't matter anyway, I'd prefer to see the retarded American public elect Jeb Bush precisely because he's "the smart one".

With Dubya, there was a joke, a blunder, a gaffe, a perfectly timed picture, something funny every day. Obama simply doesn't possess the Bush family's aptitude for comedy which, I hate to say, I kinda miss. I don't think Hillary has it, either.

Would you rather laugh or would you rather cry? You're screwed either way.
edit on 2/21/15 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   
The stupid-brush used to tar and feather his brother will never be far from Jeb when he makes an error. When he read his speech from a piece of paper on the podium he seemed uncomfortable and seemed to be seeing the words for the first time. Is he already having speechwriters write his speeches?

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I dont usually go in for American bashing as the vast majority of you and most of the ones I have met are fantastic people.

But FFS - Jeb Bush after George Bush - can you not vote a fooking decent president or are all your politicians bent?

Is it that tied up?

Look its not much different in the UK either, democracy is in a sad state of affairs when you can only vote for someone less worse that the other (but still heaps better than communism and dictatorship!)

Rock on and well done Obama for being the first Black President - what will you be remembered for...i forgot.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum
I feel sorry for the American public, your election choices are even smaller than ours. At least our democratic illusions are spread over a few parties

Otherwise known as freedom of choice

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: DMFL1133
It runs in the family.

Do you think he could ever top his brother?

www.youtube.com...

It would be as funny as fook if her were the President and self appointed leader of the free world....

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I don't think Jeb Bush is gonna be the GOP nod, the Koch's want Scott Walker and that is about as good as God to the Republicans... but he still serves a purpose in keeping the spectre all scary.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   
ISIS is just one device used by the New World Order to push agendas.

Wait til the next crew takes over in 2016. They will start speeding things up.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Hmmm Bush 2 and Bush 3 or Obama 1 and Clinton 2

Well at least the Bush's were successful governors, and Obama was a community organizer (have we figured out what that means after 6 years? It sure didn't help him to be successful) and Hillary was a failed first lady and Security of State. If the OP wants to debate a statement from Jeb to Hillary's actual foreign policy extreme failures that would not go so well for him....

I'm saying this hoping they neither are the front runners..

On a side note if Jeb did away with Obamacare I would vote for him for just that one thing, The affordable care act is killing me....
edit on 21-2-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   
He probably overestimates the size of other things, too.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Those two quotes you posted about 9/11 and the NSA... pure madness.

It blows my mind how this political stance (which is nothing but a pretext for totalitarianism and imperialism really) is even considered remotely 'conservative' or 'right-wing' in the United States.

The enemies of freedom do indeed strike out at America... don't vote for them!

You MUST have a better option that this.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel
I just can't believe it's going to be Clinton vs. Bush.

I don't think it will be. He's too "liberal" for many on the right.

On the 9/11 front, do you suppose he's going to ask Rudy to be his running mate? That would insure a whole new life to the "noun, verb, 9/11" sentence structure that was so popular in GW's term...
edit on 2/21/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Not a surprise that a politician says things, right or wrong, designed to influence people. 200K sounds much more alarming and dangerous then 20K. Scare the people then pretend you are or have the solution. The original political trick in the book.

If it was just his own lack of knowledge, he has an out, he is a Bush.

edit on 2/21/2015 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/21/2015 by roadgravel because: syntax

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Well at least the Bush's were successful governors

Texans might claim that is an exaggeration.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join