It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War On Christianity? Of course not..try telling that to Fox though

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
War On Christianity? FBI Hate Crime Statistics Utterly Destroy Fox News Lies

There’s no doubt that there are many people on the right who absolutely believe there is a war on Christianity. What the statistics show us, however, is that the attacks are being waged by the right, not against them. It’s a perpetual cycle. The more they believe that everyone else is out to get them, the more they will continue to attack others in what they perceive as “self-defense,” or “patriotism” or even service to God.

Every time I see the right wing christian voice talking about this "so-called" war, I laugh. I see people pointing out the hypocrisy of the version of right wing Christian faith and that's all.

They claim to be under constant attack but from an outsiders point of view...it seems they are the ones who always on attack mode....IE..look at all the current anti Muslim threads, not to mention these "good" Christians voicing their backwards version of of how lesbian moms should be treated.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

There are always anti-christian threads on ATS. Vocal minorities try to antagonize with stunts like the Baphomet statue proposed in Oklahoma for instance or atheist monuments which seems sort of an oxymoron. There is clearly some merit whether it is justified or not is a matter of perspective.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: NihilistSanta

There is plenty of anti-religion threads on ats in general.
Christians are just losing their strangle hold of all things and don't like it.
We are a secular nation, not a christian one.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Great deflection away from the massive verbal effort against Christianity.

They shout, scream and yell loudly.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Secular doesn't mean anti-religion. I find it funny that those who have taken to atheism are so preoccupied with religion. Why should they even care about things they don't believe in and which have hardly affected legislation (their life) for some years now. Instead it is a war of pettiness over things like someone opening a meeting with a prayer or wearing a cross pin on their jacket and such.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

I have nothing against religious people, just that the right wing Christians seem to think this country is only for Christians...everything else should be abolished.

I am an atheist...but your beliefs are yours...just stop trying to force an entire country to believe or whine about your version of Christianity being under attack. This also goes for any religion, believe what you want...just keep out of schools and government.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: NihilistSanta
a reply to: Sremmos80

Secular doesn't mean anti-religion.

Indeed!

adjective

1. of or relating to worldly things or to things that are not regarded as religious, spiritual, or sacred; temporal: secular interests.
2. not pertaining to or connected with religion (opposed to sacred ): secular music.
3. (of education, a school, etc.) concerned with nonreligious subjects.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Great deflection away from the massive verbal effort against Christianity.

They shout, scream and yell loudly.

See I can't take you seriously...your a birther..so that kinda nullifies anything you say..

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996

I have nothing against religious people, just that the right wing Christians seem to think this country is only for Christians...everything else should be abolished.

I am an atheist...but your beliefs are yours...just stop trying to force an entire country to believe or whine about your version of Christianity being under attack. This also goes for any religion, believe what you want...just keep out of schools and government.

The same could be said for atheism/atheist though....

edit on 20-2-2015 by NihilistSanta because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Fox uses fear buzzwords to keep it's demographic of viewers planted in their seats simmering over all the injustices done to them.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
This whole conversation reminds me of a post I saw on Facebook recently between a pro-gay marriage person and an anti one. In the end the pro-gay marriage person was calling for the execution of homophobes which was just so hypocritical I just had to laugh. They could not see how they had became the thing they hated.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Is there any general consensus on what creates an "anti-Christian" post or thread?

What qualities are required for that designation?

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Did I say it was an anti religion nation?
We are seeing more and more religious freedom and some how that is getting turned into a war on christianity.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

It's rough water to tread for most Christians because, in order for them to cry persecution when civil rights makes progress, they have to admit they are against equality. Many try to blanket it with table-turning like "Not accepting my persecution of others is persecuting me!" which is laughable, of course but... it sometimes works for some reason.

Then you have the regular Christian representing the average believer who is made to look stupid simply by affiliation even though they have nothing against equality. Many Christians I know are pretty true to their Jesus and don't have a judgmental bone in their body. I'm pretty sure they feel a bit like the average Muslim when they hear extremists talk about Jihad and whatnot.

Bottom line: righting the wrongs in America and letting it evolve as the constitutional republic it is, is not an attack on Christianity. If a person feels like this, it is only because they are anti-American, not the other way around. It's a big nation. We all have to live here.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

Bottom line: righting the wrongs in America and letting it evolve as the constitutional republic it is, is not an attack on Christianity. If a person feels like this, it is only because they are anti-American, not the other way around. It's a big nation. We all have to live here.

Perfect.
Very well put. And it is usually the same people crying about how our constitution is under attack that seem to want nothing more then a christian theocracy

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Did I say it was an anti religion nation?
We are seeing more and more religious freedom and some how that is getting turned into a war on christianity.

It is a cycle. The victims become the assailants. Once certain groups have attained freedom they then push for special rights and privileges. To say America is not a Christian nation would be to say that English is not the official language. If the majority hold to that then it is what it is and this rubs some groups the wrong way. The founders wanted to avoid a theocracy which is admirable but to deny that the country was founded by Christian settlers and the culture was mostly Christian (and still is) would be denial.

I am not siding with Fox News because they are the media and the media is at the center of the controversy and thrives on it. Fox is the network that airs Family Guy a show which routinely makes fun of Jesus in some incredibly horrific ways and calls it art. You don't see other religions get this same kind of treatment. There was even a big to do about the South Park episode showing Muhammad but Jesus is a regular character portrayed as weak and is the butt of many jokes while Satan is the rational character. Fox is even producing a show based on the Neil Gaiman Comic Lucifer which was a spin off of Sandman. The show will be about Lucifer helping solve crimes in LA. I kid you not.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

well jesus loved everyone

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

No, comparing religion to language is apples to oranges.

Also, english is not the official language of the states.
www.todayifoundout.com...

So your comparison isn't even true.

And you need to watch more of south park if you think they are scared to go after anyone.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
After WWII, there was a push for a "christian nation" to counteract the "Atheistic Communists" (Soviet Union), for example.

- 1954: Under God was added to the Pledge of Allegiance.

- 1956: In God we Trust was progressively added to paper money.

- 1962: So Help Me God was added to the Oath of Enlistment.

- By 1981 - Barry Goldwater: On religious issues there can be little or no compromise. There is no position on which people are so immovable as their religious beliefs. There is no more powerful ally one can claim in a debate than Jesus Christ, or God, or Allah, or whatever one calls this supreme being. But like any powerful weapon, the use of God's name on one's behalf should be used sparingly. The religious factions that are growing throughout our land are not using their religious clout with wisdom. They are trying to force government leaders into following their position 100 percent. If you disagree with these religious groups on a particular moral issue, they complain, they threaten you with a loss of money or votes or both.

I believe they overplayed their hand and people started pushing back.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I would like to say i am not anti christian. Though i can't understand the hypocrisies of some their followers. Or an imaginary being in the sky controlling everything. I am anti all religion practiced outside the home or church. Believe if you want. But don't let your beliefs affect me. Keep it out of politics and my life. Just double gov as far as i am concerned. Just like a HOA. I prefer the Constitution and the bill of rights. The way it used to be. I like my freedom. You don't tell me i have to live by your religious rules. I don't tell you that you can't live by them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join