It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security Warns of Terrorist Threat from Right-Wingers

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The Third Red Scare (2015) coming soon to a town near you

edit on 22-2-2015 by MrsReid333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
People will always have tendencies to overly simplify very complex issues. If we are going to retain safety we are going to need to come up with viable strategies to accomplish that. We have threats from without and within the country which will have to be addressed in due time. It's a "you can pay me now, or you can pay me later" situation.

Some want everything done all at once. It's too much too fast too soon right now, and we need to be very cautious, eyes and ears open, lying in wait, interceding and intercepting as we might.

Some want to do nothing, it seems, while that is as equally dangerous. These are the most dangerous times we have experienced in our lifetime, and it's high time we faced it.

Solutions sometimes lie in the middle, but nobody recognizes anymore that there is a "middle ground".

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Isn't one of the widely accepted definitions of terrorism using violence & intimidation to voice dissent or for desired social or political changes? How would threats or acts from stateside extremists be any different now

Ahh like Al Sharpton and his ilk? Funny thing is how quick the right wingers get accused of being terrorists when some of the background of people in this administration is a who is who of terrorists. I think we have more to worry about with the Mexican cartels then right-wingers and even Isis. But you never know.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Of course ats is immediately for some abstract organization because America or illuminati or some such nonsense. We should just ignore these "militias" who might, and let's face it probably do, hold some radical views!

Everyone talks about overthrowing the U.S. government and then wonder why they are being watched. Bunch of morons!

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

This is going to sound callous but explain to me how any of that is a threat to the US. ISIS is in the Middle East, they can't do anything to us unless they're actually on US soil. Even if they get onto US soil, what can they do to our country (which legally is defined as the structure of government rather than the people or the landmass)? Maybe they can cause another 9/11 and kill a bunch of people. Does that actually pave the way to toppling our government? The only way they can do that is if they can logistically move an army here and have it take control of an area. The military can easily prevent that from happening.

I'm not suggesting they're a threat to us in particular. For Obama to suggest that right wingers are more of a threat than ISIS to anyone is utterly ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

I do not agree with the government. However, if you are the entrenched federal government. Who would you be more scared of, and think is more dangerous. A group of people killing and rampaging in a far away land. Who can not attack you directly. Who can not do anymore damage than your own criminal elements. Natural born criminals will kill more in a year, than any foreign based terror group could. Or homegrown groups who can gather support within the country and actually threaten the federal government. The terrorists can never win in this country. Only in the countries they were spawned in.

I'm aware of who they're scared of, and I know damn well why they're lashing out at the "extremists" here at home. They aren't worried about our safety being threatened, though. They're worried about their way of life being threatened.

And as you said, who's more frightening to them?

A handful of rag-tag terrorists over seas who don't affect us at all, or a mob of protesters, self-proclaimed patriots, and people who hold onto generally passionate ideals here at home? Who has more of a chance to affect our government's way of life?

The people here at home who's ancestors founded America on revolution and intolerance of an oppressive government.

Yeah... s'pose I am a terrorist.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: XxNightAngelusxX
I'm not suggesting they're a threat to us in particular. For Obama to suggest that right wingers are more of a threat than ISIS to anyone is utterly ridiculous.

If they're not a threat to us, then by default wouldn't the groups DHS is mentioning here be a larger threat because they represent some threat rather than none?

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
This dude here might be getting a visit from the Secret Service.

Link

Surely by "Colt 45" he meant Pabst Brewing Company's premium line of malt liquor.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: XxNightAngelusxX

I love how people are posting things like "oh you can't talk about things like revolution or they'll be watching you". The sad thing is that it may actually be true. In a country founded by armed revolt. In a country in which the right to revolt being our birthright(creator forbid) is written into our earliest founding document(that would be the Declaration of Independence for those of you not familiar with it), a document which predates even the Constitution. Americans grumbling about revolution is a phenomenon that has been around longer than this nation has! It's part of our culture, hell it's written into our culture. Bitching about our government screwing up and how we might decide to run a few of them up a pole if they keep on with it is as about as American as apple pie, whether you people like it or not. I personally don't see a problem with it. It's when people stop talking and start shooting that I will become concerned.

As Americans we should freely discuss the concept of revolution whenever we feel so inclined. As long as you are not actually planning any specific attacks or advocating illegal acts, you are not breaking the law. I honestly encourage all of you to not be afraid to speak of these sorts of things. Discussing the ideas of revolution and plotting a revolution are two different things. If we allow the bar to be lowered to not even discussing revolutionary topics, our freedoms will have been curtailed, and we will all be more easily controlled in the end.

If any of you are government agents you should be aware that the people on the capital lawn with the tree of liberty shirts are not the ones you should be worrying about, in my opinion. They are merely the messengers, attempting to commuicate the frustration that a lot of people have been experiencing in dealing with a governing entity that seems to have lost its regard for the people who are governed. If you eliminate these people who have bravely stepped up to attempt to communicate said frustration, what will you be left with? Should worse come to worst, and the people prevail, I suspect that angry mob blasting their way into your bunker shall not be doing so with the desire to dicuss ideologies...

Should the government prevail, and all those pesky, indigent, dissenting voices be silenced, where does that leave us as a nation? What shall we become then? The USSR, west? Nazi Germany 2020?

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

All extremists are the same - dangerous.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The big punchline is the DHS funding bill is stalled in Congress because of jealous Obama and his immigration memos that have been stalled by the courts !!!

That's what this is all about.

Where's Marie Haft with the golden ratio ????

Get that fox an extra coop-ful. Isn't what the govenment's
doing right now, and for the obvious ends, by definition
domestic terrorism? And I'll just have another fluoride slurpie

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
The President should start a domestic terrorist cabinet position and nominate his old friend bill ayers to be the secretary. Who knows more about blowing up government buildings and getting away with it then him.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
There is only one terrorist group operating in this country ...the Obama government.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Threat from right-wing anti-government groups could be "greater" than threat from foreign Islamic terrorists

You have got to be kidding me....

that line right there tells you all you need to know about just how out of touch with reality this Gov is, and it also lets you know just where this White Houses's crosshairs are....

Nothing personal but please read...

The DHS report found that some in federal and local law enforcement view the threat posed by right-wing domestic terrorists as “equal to” or “in some cases greater than” foreign-born Islamic terrorists, such as ISIS.

For cops? Sure...The "Sovereign Citizen" folks represent a greater threat than what some wackos in the middle east are doing.

On June 6, 2014, Dennis Marx, who was later identified as being a member of the sovereign citizens movement, opened fire on a Forsyth County, Georgia courthouse....

On August 22, 2013, David Allen Brutsche and Devon Campbell Newman were arrested for plotting to abduct, torture and kill Las Vegas police officers in order to attract attention to the sovereign citizens movement. They reportedly attended sovereign citizen philosophy training sessions, bought guns, and found a vacant house for their activities. ..

On August 16, 2012, two sheriff's deputies were shot to death and two others seriously wounded after having been ambushed near LaPlace, Louisiana. Authorities arrested seven suspects, two of whom have been identified by law enforcement as members of a sovereign citizen's group....

In May 2010, two police officers in West Memphis, Arkansas were shot and killed by Joseph T. Kane after Kane and his father were the subject of a traffic stop. Kane and his father were later identified as members of the sovereign citizen movement

en.wikipedia.org...

The list is very long...

So DHS sends a memo to Law Enforcement explaining the movement and everyone throws a tizzy..

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: CranialSponge
Ramping up the left-right finger pointing brawls in preparation for an internal false flag event that will justify creating addendums to the Patriot Act, new tyrannical laws put forth, and the further removal of liberty and justice for all ?

Just my two pence.

Like Net Neutrality.........

Hey guys remember the Right WIngers and the Patriot act? Dont make the same mistake with Net Neutrality

Maybe you should actually learn something about Net Neutrality before making such a comment.

Maybe in all your arrogance you should stop making assumptions that just because someone doesnt agree with something it doesnt mean they havent researched the subject..........

Im well aware of what it is and I see the writing on the wall........its just like the patriot act, everyone wanted it till we got it ,now look at the monstrosity we have.....

So really take your arrogance and attitude somewhere else, it gets really really tiresome, contrary to your ego, you and I are probably NOT the smartest people on this site, hell this thread even, youd do well to exercise some humility
edit on 2/24/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

wrong on all accounts once again Indigo......its just another left wing ploy to try and demonize conservative right all the while turning a blind eye to the real threat.......

Its ok, when they are on your doorstep we dont want to hear any sniveling......because we told you so

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: wasaka

Just wait until the robot police hit the streets =)

search.yahoo.com...;_ylt=A0SO80d5x.dUxXQAe3ZXNyoA?p=robot+police+2016&fr2=sb-bot&fr=ie8

It certainly seems that Verhoeven's ironic vision in Robocop is on the horizon. I not yet literally, metaphorically the robocops are out there. Certainly the 'Brazil' of director Terry Gilliam is unfolding as we type.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

a reply to: Indigo5

wrong on all accounts once again Indigo......its just another left wing ploy to try and demonize conservative right all the while turning a blind eye to the real threat.......

Its ok, when they are on your doorstep we dont want to hear any sniveling......because we told you so

That is just you saying stuff? Not to be confused with reality...It is a representation of the apocalyptical fantasy streak that runs through the right wing.

So DHS released a Memo telling law enforcement to look out for the "Sovereign Citizen" extremists...a just heads-up given that they are killing cops...

The rest is apocalyptic right wing fantasy drivel about the 3rd Reich..

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Rightwingers, uh ok, not Isis who want to blow up malls and whatever else in America but right wingers. Not worried about rightwingers anytime soon. If this is what they are worried about Isis is going to have a fieltrip in America

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: XxNightAngelusxX

If they're not a threat to us, then by default wouldn't the groups DHS is mentioning here be a larger threat because they represent some threat rather than none?

Depends on if the threat is real or not.

It sounds like they tried to paint up right-wingers as a domestic boogey man, and when you're my age, you get really sick of hearing the liberal trendies in my age group whine about the right all the f***ing time. They stirred up the conflict between liberals and conservatives with a small utterance. Sounds like a poker tactic rather than a real threat. We never saw those weapons of mass destruction, did we?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join