It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars unknown crater structure ~ Bizarro~

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I was abducted and probed by space butterflys horrifying experience. Nothing to joke about!
edit on 21-2-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I was abducted and probed by space butterflys horrifying experience. Nothing to joke about!

Wow! I guess that was a horrifying experience. That space butterfly must be nearly a half km wide. That probe must have been enormous!

dex

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
A barren desert with some hidden nooks and crannies where life klings on inspite of the hostile conditions.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
yes! a cake !
with only 1/4 left ?

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: excentryk

Very unusual stratified structure in a 1-km Martian crater. This is located in the Noachis Terra region, in surfaces ~3-4 billion years old. This image was acquired by the CTX camera in January 2008, and the scale is about 5.2 meters/pixel. Probably either a poorly camouflaged spaceship or a giant space moth taking a rest before flying into the sun....

Well it's the big brother house for those lucky hundred of course.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Doh??

I KNOW it's natural... but I'll be darned if, after ten some minutes of guessing, I can think of a clear explanation not involving something ...unusual.

Looks like a wedge of geode... or a huge piece of pie agate... but... but... a stratified collapse as mentioned is likely the answer... but the sides are so straight and even... yeah, I'd love a better look at that... beats anything from Hoagland I've seen.

That is weird. Excellent find, regardless of how it came to be.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   
So, will we ever learn the crater's coordinates from the OP? Or perhaps someone is willing to spend their time trying to find it manually?

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

Yeah, coordinates would help... and I'd love for someone with more expertise to see the area and put it into a geological context because this, as it stands, is a puzzler... and one were the usual explanations are stretched... trick of the image, artificial or natural, still remarkably odd.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join