It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need practice...willing targets please respond

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Cheddarhead

I could NOT seem to get into the 'zone' today. Plus, my animals kept distracting me. So don't get your hopes up:

I saw a guy eating at a table and a white dog begging for scraps.

I saw a long haired girl (woman) dancing among the tall trees under some very vivid Northern lights.

I saw doubles 3 times. The first time one figure was closer and the other was further away. The other two times they were equal size/distance. So...twins?

I heard the word 'incessant'.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Gumerk

Same warning I gave Cheddarhead, had a rough time getting into it today and had some distractions and bad light.

But for you I saw the space needle and a taco. (lol!)

I saw a woman holding an owl on her arm.

And twice I saw a wing....as in Nike....as in 'victory' not the shoe.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

The doubles aren't ringing any bells with me . My niece is due any day but it's definately a single birth.

Could the dog have been blonde?

We have a blonde pomeranian who begs like a champ, particularly from my husband. Even calling her white is a pretty much a direct hit.

Incessant? My gut reaction is car repairs. I put new brakes and fuel lines on last year . The pressure line got fixed yesterday, now the rack and pinion is going out and will need work.

You were closer than you thought. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I' m impressed.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyvalkyrie

Same warning I gave Cheddarhead, had a rough time getting into it today and had some distractions and bad light.

But for you I saw the space needle and a taco. (lol!)

I saw a woman holding an owl on her arm.

And twice I saw a wing....as in Nike....as in 'victory' not the shoe.

Thank you for your reply and I hope you're feeling better soon.

So the taco lol...Well, I've been referencing "Taco Cat" to my online acquaintances a lot here recently. It's brought a good bit of humor in situations and the actual online picture is a cat wearing a taco costume. Here is the picture

The space needle...The only thing that comes to mind is I'm a New Orleans Saints fan and our big name tight end Jimmy Graham just got traded to the Seattle Seahawks so that's been on my mind and I've talked about it online but nothing else associated with the Sneedle comes to mind.

The woman holding an owl on her arm...Well just tonight I shared this video with someone on Facebook. I did have an encounter with an owl year's ago but it was alone and watching me before I even surprisingly gazed into its eyes.
What did the woman look like that was holding this owl on her arm. What did the owl look like? Here is the video

The Wing/Nike/Victory... Did you see just the wing of the goddess or the whole figure? Before researching I wasn't familiar with this at all. What could it mean seeing this?

Again, thank you

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Cheddarhead

Cool! Yeah, I could see it being a pom! The scene was kind of a 'worm's eye view' like from a low vantage point. It's hard to make out colors most of the time. What I see is mostly black and white (ish) and kind of cartoony. Like the guy at the table was all black with a blockhead and two white circles for eyes and a circle for a mouth. The food on the table looked like a big turkey. So the 'white' dog could definitely be blonde. And I didn't even think about the size proportion, but as tall as the table looked it would have to be a small dog.

I'm so sorry I was right about 'incessant'. Jeez. My truck wouldn't start and I thought it was probably just the super cold, wet weather. Well it dried up, still no start. Ggrrr.... so guess what's first thing on the agenda with my upcoming paycheck.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Lmao! Gotta love palindromes!

If your online focus has been your player being traded to Seattle and cracking people up with Taco Cat then it totally makes sense that I saw the two things together. I was thinking "This is just dumb, unless this person just happens to eat a taco under the space needle- which is highly unlikely."

Girl/owl: More of a silhouette really, hair blowing in the wind, arm raised. Bird on the arm- a falconer. In fact, at first I thought it might be a falcon but the shape was very square. I even wrote 'falcon' and 'owl' in my notes then went back and underlined owl.

Nike: All I saw was a wing. Then I shifted the sphere around to search for new images and saw another one. The word that went along with the wings was Nike and I knew it meant 'victory' not the shoe!

When I start a reading I say something to the effect of: "This is for Gumerk. Show me something pertinent to their life right now, something they will see or hear in the next 24 hours or a message they need to receive." I actually added the 'pertinent to their life' and 'message they need to receive' through the course of this thread. The original experiment was just to try to pick up on something that would be verifiable in a relatively short time frame. So, give it 24 hours and see what happens!

Glad I wasn't totally off my game like I felt! I might have had even more impressive hits, but I dismissed a bunch of stuff..."Oh that's just my imagination." "Oh I saw that in another reading." Oh well. I got Taco Cat out of it, so it's win win really!

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

Lonnie C:

Heard "A bridge too far"

Saw Ouroborus -circular snake eating it's own tail

Saw a band aid.....so, injury?

Saw red and blue lights.....so, police involvement?

Heard either "No he didn't" or the ghetto version "Oh no he di'nt" Lol! So if it was the first one it means he didn't do something....if it was the second version it was 'Aw hell I can't believe he just did that!'

Lastly I saw a bird flying....free bird

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
So this is interesting. Not sure if it fits exactly but it caught my eye and gave me pause. I almost didn't notice it until someone asked me to go back and read some of the credits of this movie at the very end.

Now, the thing is this image changes with different angles but the angle that was on the movie VERY much resembled your description of the Silhouette you described with armed raised and block like owl/falcon perched. Again, this will change as you span around this and get different angles.

This angle is the closest I could get to the angle at the end of the movie. This angle could be viewed as falconer in my opinion.

Here is another that illustrates how the details change with the angles

With changed angle, this figure appears to be displaying wings

Now, what I explained that caught my eye was from the movie "Field of Lost Shoes," I watched today.

Here is an explanation of the event

On the morning of May 15, 1864, the cadets of the Virginia Military Institute fell into rank and began the march to New Market, where they would serve as a last defense against a Northern force headed by General Franz Sigel. Despite his determination not to let the boys see actual combat, Southern General John Breckinridge was forced to, at last, commit the young, grey-clad corps to fill a gap in the line as the battle raged near the old Bushong Farm.

The young cadets fought valiantly and helped turn the tide of battle, securing an increasingly rare victory for the doomed Confederacy. Mustered at dawn, the 247 cadets of the Virginia Military Institute, more than half first-year students as young as 15, fell into ranks and began the long march to New Market. Having left with a minimum of baggage, they camped near the town of Midway when the rains began to pour down.

“Let’s run for the church,” said Private Edward Tutwiler, pointing to the nearby Presbyterian meeting house. When his friends objected that “they might not like it,” Tutwiler replied, “We can’t fight if we drown first.” Tutwiler would later write, “We slept where many a good follower of Calvin had slept before us.”

The boys climbed through a window and by morning, every cushioned pew was occupied by cadets.

The rest can be read here Field of Lost Shoes

Here is a picture of their flag

The sculpture referenced above was made by Moses Ezekiel who is portrayed in the movie by Josh Zuckerman.

Moses Ezekiel

And here is more info/pictures of the sculpture with maximum angles and close ups.

Confederate Memorial Arlington National Cemetery

I subscribe to Netflix and get 2 dvd's at a time. Yesterday I watched I Origins which linked our eyes to reincarnation and soul memory.

What do you think?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Scallywwagg

I saw a space ship....just like the Planet Express ship from 'Futurama'.

Saw a golden face. "A kind face". Benevolent and larger than life. ...perhaps a guardian angel for you?

I saw scissors/shears cut cut cutting.

I thought I saw some bacteria or protozoa and dismissed it. But then I saw it again and heard 'ailment'....but then 'you'll be fine'.

I saw a man's face with a beard trapped in a cage with a bowl of water.

Heard "quantum"

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Dumbass

Heard 'filagree' or 'filament'

Saw a hunched over figure...much like the skeksis from 'The Dark Crystal'

I saw a fat, dark figure with a wide white belt. (I don't think the fact that the belt was white is important, just the fact that he was wearing one) ...heard 'father' The figure appeared and disappeared when I shifted the sphere. Comes and goes. But ultimately he stayed put.

I saw a woman zombie chowing down on someone's arm.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Finally!

While I was setting up I heard 'Taylor' or 'Tailor'

First thing I saw was a butler serving his own severed head on a tray.

Heard 'In a galaxy far, far away...' ...yes, Star Wars! Lol! I took it to mean your story is very epic.

Heard 'Pinkerton'...if that proper name is not actually involved I'm guessing it might be referencing some sort of detective.

Saw a dark tower/castle keep/large and imposing/bureaucracy/prison

Saw a man running across a plain with aircraft shooting at him.....lone man's struggle to stay alive.

Heard 'quadrilateral' so there's an aspect of four....four character's interactions with each other...four plot lines..etc.

Heard 'fantastic'.....Lol! That's good! The universe thinks highly of your work!

I asked if there were any suggestions for you, just this: you need to add a love interest. Just that, otherwise your story is exciting and well thought out.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Wow! I think that hems it up! That is very similar to the female falconer I saw, even though it's a result of parallax error- but from the angle you showed the statue DOES look like a female falconer.

The leaves she is actually holding DO look like 2 wings, but the boys' flag definitely has 2 wings on it. And the fact that they managed to secure a VICTORY for Johnny Reb....

What interests me the most is that you may not have noticed all this had it not been for your friend telling you to go back and read the credits. THAT my friend is synchronicity! And even though nothing I told you has any Earth shattering importance it means that I'm in tune and YOU are on track my friend!

* I've heard that's a very good movie. Unfortunately I can't watch war movies due to my PTSD.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Oops....forgot this part:

I saw a crown of laurels....or 'resting on your laurels' referring to a 'dark lord' your villain. Akin to Emperor Nero.

If that's the case, you've got a good bad guy!

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Ok I don't want to respond yet because as I recall I need to wait 24 hours to see/hear these things and I want to respond fully despite the urge to write down my first reaction to what you've said so just to say thank you so much for taking the time to do this for all of us.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Scallywwagg

Thank YOU for being so sweet and patient!

For my requests today (particularly yours and JustMike) I specifically added "These guys are super cool so be sure and come up with something really good for them!" Hopefully my request was heard.

I really thought I bombed with Gumerk, I am really thrilled with how it turned out. I hope yours and JustMike's readings are so successful!

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

I think I'm not supposed to make too farfetched connections so i would say a 75% hit.
I'll pm you with an explanation.

Thank you.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie and also to your other post (to me).
Thank you for taking the time and effort to do this. I appreciate it very much.

Forenote: for any who've not followed the whole thread, I posted to tell LV that I'm nearing completion of a book and asked her to try and pick up some details of what it's about.

Okay, to the comments.

There is some great data in your replies! They're not all direct hits but some are pretty impressive. I'll break your posts down into bits so I can address them without losing track.

In your main reading post reply, you began:

Finally!

While I was setting up I heard 'Taylor' or 'Tailor'
That'd be Taylor. Elizabeth Taylor, to be precise. The other day I was teaching a class (I do adult ed) and we were discussing great actors and actresses. I specifically referenced Liz Taylor as a child star who went on to success as an adult. They were especially fascinated by the pictures of her amazing, deep blue (almost violet) eyes.

And connected to that, one of the characters in the story is also very special because of her eyes. So, by association, that's a hit!

Next:

First thing I saw was a butler serving his own severed head on a tray.

That's a tough one to figure. Plenty of symbolism there and of course the head-on-a-platter thing suggests eg Herod, Salome and John the Baptist. However, as in this case it's a butler I'm not sure how it might tie in with anything. So, probably a miss but I'll mull it lover.

Next:

Heard 'In a galaxy far, far away...' ...yes, Star Wars! Lol! I took it to mean your story is very epic.

This resonates very strongly. George Lucas used a lot of the classic archetypal “Jungian” formulae in framing his stories. The “prince” (Luke Skywalker), the princess, the wise old man, the quintessential bad guy, the “force” (the “magic”). It's all there. They're fairy tales, with a quest as the central theme. Good versus evil. All of that.

I do the same. Not so obviously (I hope) but there are some archetypes and there is a quest and a “bad guy” who has to be defeated. And yes, this story lays the foundations for the one/s that I hope will follow. The story extends beyond the borders of the page, so to speak. So, a hit on this.

Next:

Heard 'Pinkerton'...if that proper name is not actually involved I'm guessing it might be referencing some sort of detective.

There's a lot of “detective work”, especially in Part I of the book. Not quite in the way that Pinkerton's might operate, but still lots of digging for information and people using their brains to sift facts and try to figure what's going on. I'll give you a hit on that as well.

Next:

Saw a dark tower/castle keep/large and imposing/bureaucracy/prison

Okay, that's awesome. I dare not give much away here because it'd spoil a critical part of the story. All I'll say is this is a very definite hit!

Next:

Saw a man running across a plain with aircraft shooting at him.....lone man's struggle to stay alive.

There is a scene in the story that involves a struggle to stay alive. Well, two, in fact. However, as they are nothing like this I'll allow it symbolically but only give a partial hit on this one.

Next:

Heard 'quadrilateral' so there's an aspect of four....four character's interactions with each other...four plot lines..etc.

Oh, my. “Quadrilateral” is absolutely fundamental to the story. Re the characters, their interactions are pretty complex but in the scene when things really reach a climax, four characters are involved. So, a major hit.

Next bit:

Heard 'fantastic'.....Lol! That's good! The universe thinks highly of your work!

Nice to know! I hope the universe has a credit card handy when the book comes out!

But seriously, there is a link here. The book has elements of fantasy.

And next:

I asked if there were any suggestions for you, just this: you need to add a love interest. Just that, otherwise your story is exciting and well thought out.

The story gives me headaches, trying to keep track. It's weird. The characters develop and then throw out surprises. Like, earlier this week (ie well after I'd posted my request here), I suddenly saw a way to continue a love interest from Part I into Part II. I had to do major rewrites to make it all work and in fact I revised the epilogue just last night for that very reason. So, that's a hit.

ETA: I've posted the rest in the next post as it cut it off here.

edit on 14/3/15 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
So, here's the last bit, continuing from above:

Your follow-up post:

Oops....forgot this part:

I saw a crown of laurels....or 'resting on your laurels' referring to a 'dark lord' your villain. Akin to Emperor Nero.

If that's the case, you've got a good bad guy!

That's so close it's almost scary. You have totally nailed some of the main aspects of the “bad guy”. One heck of a hit!

Summary: a very nice quality reading overall. Not all right on the money but they rarely are. Some of the hits are excellent. Also, there were a few items you mentioned in posts just after my initial posting that relate directly but I didn't point at any for fear of influencing your reading.

If you wish I can U2U the prologue of the story to you. Just that on its own will give you a lot of insight into what I've written about above. Let me know.

edit on 14/3/15 by JustMike because: Fixed shtoopid little coding glitch that didn't let all the text show. (Duh!) :facepalm:

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Yay! Not bad for gazing into a crystal ball! I was really apprehensive about yours because I was aiming for such a specific, abstract target. What a relief that I did well!

Definitely PM me with what you've got, as a fellow writer I'd love to check it out.

And I feel your pain on the character/plot development. My writing partner and I just spent 5000 e-mails trying to nail down the overall plot and backstory (we're aiming for a series). Oy vey, it's still not completely worked out. And you're right, you change one little thing, then you have to go back and change stuff to make it fit.

Thank you so much for the feedback!!!!!!! Oh, and let me know when it's available to buy I will definitely get a copy. (createspace.com is really easy to use to self publish BTW)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   
You did great!

Being tasked so specifically can actually have its advantages at times. As the tasker knows precisely what you're supposed to view, you can get very detailed feedback.

More generalized tasking is also great, though. You are looking for broader impressions, but as all impressions derive from smaller, specific details, you'll still pick up some as well.

A couple of times you've noted (in so many words) that you sometimes get weird/strange data coming in and your own analytical side wants to jump in and start messing with it and adding extra bits and pieces on top. This is why it's called AOL: analytical overlay.

As you discovered, the fundamental rule is "don't DO that!" However, we still do. When you suspect it's happening note the data anyway and add "AOL?" to indicate that you're not certain if it's genuine data or something your mind has thrown into the mix.

Very often stuff that seems like AOL is actually not. There's also the issue that you can be picking up data from another target. I saw evidence of this a few times in this thread, including readings/RVs you did for others just after my own posts and where some of what you mentioned related very strongly to my own case.

Anyway I've sent you a message with the Prologue and some additional notes. Glad to hear back from you any time.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join