It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus said; Judge not

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: dartyparty

Maybe you would be better served in the Introductions forum. It's easy to get 20 posts there without alienating those who would, perhaps, read that first thread.

Just a thought.

J

edit on 2/20/2015 by LadyJae because: punctuation

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: OneManArmy

originally posted by: Created There is a difference in teaching and judging.

"Yes you can teach right and wrong, but it still takes judgement to decide which is which.
If you see someone doing what you have been TAUGHT to be wrong, then you judge them accordingly as a wrongdoer."

Two people. Both of them steal.
The first one you say to them behold I saw you stealing you are in the wrong. Judgment

The second one you say behold I say to you that stealing is wrong. Teaching

One is judgment the other the teaching lets the person decide if their wrong or not. One is personal the other is not personal.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: lonesomerimbaud

Well, try being the parent of a small child sometime without judging. It's pretty much impossible.

Yes, I am sure. I cannot really advise on that score because I am sure you are much more aware than I.

If I did have children when it came to what to do about behaviour correction I would be asking Jesus questions all day every day.

I know that punishment never really worked with me. It just made me more rebellious. I've had to learn through very bitter experience and my own mistakes. My Mom has always been one who let us make our own mistakes. She never punished us.

It must be very difficult sometimes to know how to approach children in the way that you mean. Though I would suggest that you are not judging their behaviour. You are doing more like what Jesus taught, guiding their behaviour. Seems like most parents do that quite naturally.

I am sure what Jesus was talking about is related to the Law and punishment. How interesting it would be to discover the original Aramaic word He used translated as "judgement". May be the word He used was more specific even?

Perhaps it is like the OP says a question of decision making and fit punishment without personal hatred and revenge.

One thing I feel really uncomfortable about is controlling other people, even children. I'm not any good at it and have no desire to do it.

I think we'll have to muddle on a bit longer. Somewhere along the way I surrendered it all to God and went crying back to Him like a lost child. Things have been much harder, but much better since.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: lonesomerimbaud

But even to guide their behavior you have to make judgments. Children are perfect little beasts, and I mean that with the most love I can put in there. And at times, there does have to be punishment. We don't punish often or lightly, but ours went through a cycle where he was obviously testing us. The cycle only broke when we finally gave him a swat. He wanted to see how far he could push us, and now he knows.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Lol, at least you did not stone him!

From where I am I say you are so blessed to have children. Unfortunately, that never happened for me. It is a lonely old life I lead. These days I have to fill the void as best I can with learning about all the poets through history.

Jesus whipped them in the Temple for being naughty little children. I love that story so much. I can imagine Him doing that so clearly. Bet He caused a right old commotion. They would have all been so shocked. That's my kind of guy!

Very best wishes to you, your partner and son.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
The majority of churchgoers don't care what Jesus said or didn't say, its what their preacher told them to think. Im pretty sure the actual person Issa, or whatever the Hebrew or Aramaic name was without all the fake attributes, would be pretty pissed that there is a religion in his name based on what people who never knew him wrote about him. Writing a bunch of stuff he said that he never said and then confused or infused him with all the other deities before him, Id be pissed.
edit on 20-2-2015 by Foderalover because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Eyup

We are told to judge words and actions against Gods word.

K.J.V John 7:24

24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

K.J.V 2 Timothy 3:16

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

However we can not judge in assumption, we cannot judge the heart of someone.

K.J.V 1 Samuel 16:7

But the Lord said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart.

Regards

edit on 21-2-2015 by drevill because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: drevill
Exactly; within those restraints, judging may be a right and necessary thing to do.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   
the whole judging and moral alignment is meant to resonate as personal to those who can and have attained power where Judging becomes a focus point.

It's like being the top predator in the forest.
Except make the predator immune to disease, non physical, with the technological know how to thoroughly Delete with maximum prosecution.

Even if this Jesus fellow was real or not it raises important questions.

What should an individual do with such potential to sway history, Does society break down and does the world end? Does such an individual bring about a new world order?

If so what does it mean to be the *anti-Christ?* If the victor decides history, Wouldn't both of them be deceivers? Depending on which one of these individuals wins the Throne. Or as the legend implies. Something Older returns and takes the ranks?

Does it mean the opposite of the future can also happen in the present, Could of also happened in the past.
A book 2000 years old may have it's hidden knowledge. But within the bible paper it is still PG-13 and will always be PG-13 and Never RP ( Rating pending )

So even if this Jesus guy comes back or not.
What does it mean for someone who say, Genetically modifies themselves or uploads their brain to the internet to control a mass army of drones to conquer the planet? What if some rich dude out there is playing dr.Evil utilizing corporate plunder to develop their plan for world domination?

If you look at the world today it very much seems exactly like that. So the book warns about corruption. Preemptively. And prophecies that such individuals will rise, Either from the past ( Old Testament* The theory written within torah scripture) Present-future ( New Testament, Theorizing Always the Present and the future by linking into the Past)

They basically tried to nail as many options for the future as possible. Kind of like Nostradamus which is guessed to be randomly jumbled together as to not be prosecuted if the book was found. Problem with such a theory is that he would of been doomed regardless. And the book, Hidden or Destroyed.

And people consider Nostradamus to be a prophet. Was he a prophet of the *Lord* is debatable, Was Jesus a messiah or a prophet?
What did he Messiah that makes him a messiah?

He could of been a hieratic himself. What if Jesus was a self proclaimed prophet like Kenye West?

Now I'm not denying a creator. I just don't think Jesus was the Creator.
And circulating ingrained theology doesn't make me believe it anymore.

If Kenye becomes a tyrant robot overlord and claims hes Jesus purifying the land wouldn't he basically be self-fulling ancient christian prophecies? I mean as long as he SAYS hes Jesus right?
People will dig it.

However the name thing, Names can be taken stolen. Impersonated. The names carry meanings. But to tell he difference between a Name and the individual that spawned the names fame is something else entirely.
Beyond death names are things that bind, it is all we would have as we are trained for self-identity.
And if someone was shoved into that position, Would he rightly judge without hypocrisy? How can anyone rightly judge without hypocrisy if ye be the tyrant?

A tyrant is a tyrant regardless if it's Jesus or if its Satan. The book shows the paths and outcomes.

Like Fable.

edit on am20000002815Sat, 21 Feb 2015 05:05:06 -0600 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr
You are getting well away from the topic of the thread.
This thread's topic is the meaning of the warning which Jesus gave about "judging".

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Foderalover
You are new here, so you may not be familiar with our custom that discussion on threads follows the original topic, as defined by the title and the opening post.
I won't respond to your comments in detail, because they don't relate to the topic of the thread ("Judge not").

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I agree, if we don't it's as bad as leading someone astray/to sin

Likewise, we should be able to accept it from others.

Regards

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Herein is an existential dilemma. Judge lest ye be judged. In other words, only begin to criticize once you yourself have become perfect:

"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye." (Matthew 7:3-5)

The thing is, when you observe faults in others, you are observing faults that are intrinsic to your self. Try, for the next week or so, to analyze the criticisms you generate about other people. Then, ask yourself, do I do that too? The answer is always yes. Everyone detests the greedy overlords in our world, yet they are blind to their own greedy ways. In this spiritual soup we're all swimming in, we are externally presented with flaw that we ourselves contain. When you observe flaws in others, It is the external world expressing itself as a mirror of your flawed self:

"Blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and dish, and then the outside also will be clean." (Matthew 23:26)

Perfect your self and the world will follow.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton
Thank you for that very constructive contribution.
Anyone who followed that rule would surely be guarding himself against the wrong kind of judging.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Brilliant read! S&F.

I agree with you wholeheartedly!

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgement you pronounce you will be judged, and the measure you give will be the measure you get” (Matthew ch7 vv1-2).

Jesus was not doing the hypocrisy of the pharisees, so it was ok for him to point out their hypocrisy.

This verse is pointing out hypocrisy which is why the very next verses (Matthew 7:3-5) says...

3“Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

The point of "Judge not" was so that people would not be hypocrites.

Many are hypocrites saying they believe in Jesus but do not treat others as they would like to be treated and love their neighbours as themselves.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme
Thank you for that contribution, which throws more light on the theme.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join