It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh, how I loathe February!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
February always has been a sucky month for me.

So far this month, I have had a four day migraine headache brought upon by bizarre weather patterns. Shortly after that, I had shingles. I'm finally almost over that, and now I have gastroentitis (stomach flu). I spent most of last night over the toilet. I feel like crap. Now that it's "warm" again here in Wisconsin (9 above zero), we have a blizzard with whiteout conditions.

It was minus 17 yesterday with a wind chill of minus 36. I really hate February.

Maybe if someone from Fairbanks Alaska is reading this, please send some of your warm weather down to us poor slobs in the lower 48 being nailed. You know it's bad when Fairbanks AK has warmer weather than parts of the south.

If I didn't feel so damn sick, I'd be drinking

Ah, a bright spot-four more weeks till spring (not for Wisconsin of course!)

edit on 20-2-2015 by ChiefD because: I hate autocorrect too!

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

Just hang in there Chief !!
It will pass....the dark days of this dark month, the double trouble of the number 2 month and the number 2 toilet activities....all will pass baby !!

uk * notsureabouttheshinglesthough * today

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: uk today

So true, this too shall pass! Thanks for cheering me up. 😊

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

No posting a " Oh, how I loathe July " thread baby !!

Just pre-empting any Chief major sweats that he may find too hot to handle

uk " Brrrrr...phew " today

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

You don't know how good you've got it. When I was your age I had to chop a cord of wood every day in February, keep the wood stove going, feed 45 head of cattle, milk 30 cows, shovel the snow off the dirt paths from the barn to the house, and this was all before breakfast.

We got up at 3 am every morning and worked til midnight every night. February? ha I chipped ice off my face so I could keep breathing.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Hay Chief,

From a fellow Wisconsinite, we can allways snicker at the southerners who bundle up when it is 50 degrees. Right.
We get to experience eternity, it never ends.
WIS

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: AreUKiddingMe

You don't know how good you've got it. When I was your age I had to chop a cord of wood every day in February, keep the wood stove going, feed 45 head of cattle, milk 30 cows, shovel the snow off the dirt paths from the barn to the house, and this was all before breakfast.

We got up at 3 am every morning and worked til midnight every night. February? ha I chipped ice off my face so I could keep breathing.

Okay, you got me. I'll shut up now.

join