It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there such a thing as ignore list?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
I didn't use it much, probably not at all, but i did want to write this very thread last 6 months. Id like to see the option back. Tired of blocking out the senseless noise.
I'd post more if I could navigate threads easier.

a reply to: blupblup

I understand the point... and there are people I wish I could reach through the screen and strangle.
But the busier it gets, the more watered down it gets and the quality gets less and less, constantly on here.
You'll still see people's posts when others quote them, so there's always something to annoy you.
I get what you and others are saying but you learn the avatars of the people who do your head in and then ignore them, manually.

Or read them and get wound up, either way

edit on 23/2/15 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Personally I think a "block list" is a terrible idea. How are you then capable of truly defending your ideals if all you hear is a chorus of voices agreeing with you?

If that's all you want, buy mirror.

I revel in opposing opinions, they force me to justify my own stance and look deeper in to the reasons why I believe the way I do.

Who knows, you may even have one of your own opinions changed...for the better

edit on 23-2-2015 by Lipton because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Hi Nikola! Good to talk to you outside of the usual threads we converse on.

Sometimes I wish there was an ignore function as well, but there are also days I'm glad there isn't. There are of course people who's posts I'd rather not see, but I think seeing them is important, as it gives me a good idea of what the atmosphere of ATS as a whole is like. Rather than just ignoring people I don't like and filtering only to opinions that are important to me, instead I'm forced to see the WHOLE picture, as ugly as it can be at times.

And I think that's valuable in it's own way.
edit on 23-2-2015 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: OneManArmy
Is your inability to remain civilized your fault or theirs?

I blame my slips of decorum on myself, for letting the words of someone else affect me emotionally.

I see your point, but as I'm sure you know, there are some skilled trolls here who enjoy drawing attention to themselves and annoying others, even after they appear to be genuinely engaged in the topic discussion. They post incendiary comments to bait members into little more than flame wars, and that's unconstructive. What I think the OP is referring to here is that it would be great if you know someone a) has a reputation of making incendiary comments, and b) stalks your posts to continue annoying you, this person can be excluded in the threads that you start. It is one way of keeping the peace, but it also begins to polarize members as more and more people start excluding people. People will also misuse an option to block members and stat blocking members for unjust reasons.

Yup. You just can't pick your family members, and you can't pick the members at a forum like ATS.

Buona Fortuna!

edit on -06:00America/Chicago28Tue, 24 Feb 2015 16:07:41 -0600201541312 by Petros312 because: formatting

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Id block my own posts from my view if we could.

Sidenote: anyone else really hate that we can't star posts in the board business forum? lol

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Afterthought:

I just realized that you really can't post an ignore list into a thread topic in response to someone you want to ignore because it would be cited by moderators as a type of disruption (i.e., off topic). However, I believe you could create a standard email like this:

Hello ATS member:

This email is to inform you that, due to disagreeing with how you behave on this forum, I will no longer be responding directly to you. I still invite you to participate in all thread topics that I create or that I respond to, but do not expect me to answer any of your questions or comment directly to you in a discussion. I apologize if this email offends you, but I am left with no alternative. I find it best that as a fellow member at ATS you understand my lack of responding to you is a personal decision that may or may not reflect any fault in your character or my own.

Send this to the member you would prefer to ignore. Would this be going to far? Is it too "disruptive?" Thoughts? Moderators?

edit on -06:00America/Chicago28Wed, 25 Feb 2015 15:06:00 -0600201500312 by Petros312 because: Clarification

top topics

<< 1   >>

join