It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there such a thing as ignore list?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Pretty much what the tittle says. If there is, I would appreciate if you could tell me how do i use it.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

No. Years ago there used to be an 'ignore this poster' type button that you could use. It would make that persons posts invisible to you. But that was done away with long ago.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Oh, how unfortunate. I really think having an ignore button would help in having normal discussions.

Thanks for the answer

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Whoops, misunderstood.
edit on 20-2-2015 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Yea ..you are going to have to self regulate and just ignore ....Hey it's not a bad thing and is a challenge so .

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

edit on 2/20/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Yeah, I realized that.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

True, but knowing my short temper, I seriously doubt for how long could i "keep calm" and have a normal discussion with someone who do not want it, and is just there to push propaganda and is insulting my intelligence( not directly of course )

So, thats why i think having an ignore button would help a lot of people actually.
edit on 20-2-2015 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

True, but knowing my short temper, I seriously doubt for how long could i "keep calm" and have a normal discussion with someone who do not want it, and is just there to push propaganda and is insulting my intelligence( not directly of course )

So, thats why i think having an ignore button would help a lot of people actually.

Is your inability to remain civilized your fault or theirs?

I blame my slips of decorum on myself, for letting the words of someone else affect me emotionally.
If you see propaganda then counter it and show it for what it is, I mean thats why we are here right?

I think an ignore button spoils the spreading of information. And disagreeing with someone is what starts the debate.
We just need a little more self control, but then we are only human.

The path to self determination is paved with gaining self control. And then we become immune to emotional propaganda, or at least protected. To fight it with logic and reasoning unclouded by primitive emotions.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: OneManArmy

Well, as far as i remember not one of my posts got removed because it violated a rule, only because they were off-topic. So, i can control myself alright.

And it seems like you don't quite get it. The only way to counter propaganda and lies is with even bigger propaganda and lies. If you try any other way, it does not work.

So, I disagree with you. Having an ignore button is simply a way for a member not to be bothered with stuff that is being said by a another member. It's very useful.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

And who would that be? I'm curious.

Edit: forgot you cannot mention users.
edit on 20-2-2015 by Boeing777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Well, as far as i remember not one of my posts got removed because it violated a rule, only because they were off-topic. So, i can control myself alright.

And it seems like you don't quite get it. The only way to counter propaganda and lies is with even bigger propaganda and lies. If you try any other way, it does not work.

So, I disagree with you. Having an ignore button is simply a way for a member not to be bothered with stuff that is being said by a another member. It's very useful.

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.
Why would you counter propaganda with propaganda and lies?
Can someone with the intelligence to have it insulted not see how ridiculous that statement is?

I may have violated the rules a few times. Like I said we are only human.
Lighten up man, ignoring people is willful ignorance is it not?
And dont we deny that sort of thing around these parts?

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Just ignore them man.... it's petty and pointless to have an ignore button and I was glad when they got rid of it.
If you don't like this poster or what they have to say, just don't read it.
Don't read threads you don't enjoy too.

It's pretty easy.
edit on 20/2/15 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

It is very hard for me to express my thoughts about this, considering that my English knowledge is very limited, so it is hard for me to find the right words, so let's just let it go.

Anyways, even though i appreciate your guys effort to help me control myself, I only wished to know if there's an ignore button believing that would spare me wasting precious time and not hurting my brain with what that member has to say.

Thanks again

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
was it something i said?

just kidding.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

The only way to counter propaganda and lies is with even bigger propaganda and lies.

Just stick to the truth, people who want to read that will read it...why would you let them push your buttons, it`s what they want, don`t give them get that satisfaction...they are the ones who get angry when they want to try make something look a certain way and it doesn`t work...just play the ball back to them by not getting angry and shrug your shoulders.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I didn't use it much, probably not at all, but i did want to write this very thread last 6 months. Id like to see the option back. Tired of blocking out the senseless noise.
I'd post more if I could navigate threads easier.

a reply to: blupblup

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Yes they should bring it back. It would be quite a interesting social experiment, watching everybody talk to themselfs about themselfs and seeing and reading only the things they want to.

It would be like when you Google online for some new running shoes, then suddenly every site you go to there are ads for shoes around. Everybody finally would get to cohabitation in there own online bauble bubble habitat, it would be like politics, only more funny. The next step up in social evolution.

Plus there are some actual legitimate reasons why it should be brought back. Those however are not worth mentioning nor would they be understood if they were.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
You get pretty good with the scroll wheel in some topics.. These days a certain few are instantly scrolled past.

I know what they are going to say.. as they say it EVERY time (habitualy.. or agenda)
I know what the reply's will be, as the same bait is used most times.. even if it's not the same *attitude* about the subject is swung about like a hammer from the same folks..

It gets rather tedious.. even for an old timer who respects another's differing opinions, as it's always the same dribble.
It has become almost "automatic" i would dare even say, some posters, would make excellent chat bots.. just sayin.

It'd be super awesome if i could just remove that noise from my personal paradigm, as it's proven over time to be just that, distracting noise with no purpose than to deny/apologize or inflame.. those folks..

I'd like to block.
edit on 22-2-2015 by Xarian6 because: .,.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

No. Years ago there used to be an 'ignore this poster' type button that you could use. It would make that persons posts invisible to you. But that was done away with long ago.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

I sure wish it was back again. Avoiding baiters and trolls would be a lot easier if it were back. Taking it away is like advocating for expanded baiting and trolling behavior to flourish, but then only those who respond in knee jerk fashion (like me) to the trolls and baiters end up the only ones who are damaged from it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join