It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosive Putin TV Special out of Germany

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

Germany just needs to shut up and not say much of anything about the world in general.
They started two world wars...

Throwing eggs at Russia is a bad idea.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: tastyrawmeat

So after all this time, Putin is now a molester?

No.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
What World Leader is a Good Person?

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Thanks for the link.

I'm watching now and can translate / answer questions if need be.

As for Germans wanting to maintain a business relationship with Russia:

Can you blame us? We are currently losing the most from the US-led sanctions.
While the U.S. is expanding it's trade with Russia, the sanctions cost Germany at least ~€ 58 billion in exports and investments by now.

A highly regarded S.E. correspondent even made a freudian slip on live TV, calling the sanctions "against Germany".
I wanted to make a thread about it, alas the broadcast was 404'ed.

*This looks interesting already. First minute in... apparently they call Putin "ze German" in Russia. LOL. Is that a bad thing, ATS?
edit on 20-2-2015 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

I just don't understand how some people can act like Putin is above reproach on this site. He worked for the Russian equivalent of the CIA. He's a politician. He's a billionaire. That's pretty much the ATS trifecta when it comes to corruption. Yet because he's not from the US there are people on here who act like he's a saint.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ColCurious

Wait, what do you mean? I thought the Europe wants a war against Russia?

Are you saying that's not truet? And that is only a wish from 'muricans here?! What?!

Jokes aside, pretty funny article. It was obviously made to make people laugh, so you guys are over-reacting for no reason. I do not understand why are we giving this much of attention to this thread, because it hardly deserves any.

EDIT: WHAT?! SOMEONE ACTUALLY COMPARED KGB TO CIA?! I'm off to cry now...Oh man, i just wish i knew how to mute certain people?
edit on 20-2-2015 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Depression is a fact of life in Russian and Ukraine. Not even kidding. It's just a...thing.

I don't think Putin himself ever said he was a nice man. Did he?

Putin has put out a self made documentary about himself. I'd suggest he portrayed himself as a fair but strong man...but not a nice man.

www.pbs.org...

link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

No one I know said he is a saint...

But accusations of being a sex pest?

Really?

Whatever...
Floats your boat!!!

link   

Maybe it's a thing where you need to clean up your own back yard first ...He is the Russians problem and we have plenty of our own to deal with . God help us all .

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Yeah I thought the KGB-CIA comparison was also quite laughable.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

There does seem to be disconnect between things here. On ATS we are naturally wary of any politician, alphabet agency, government official, military, etc. But it seems when the same people or figures in other nations are critical of U.S. Foreign Policy or anything really, it's taken as gospel.

I try to apply the same wariness to all issues. Being an ex-pat I'm not too fond the U.S. Myself, but I certainly don't take what foreign nations say about the U.S. as fact without digging at least a little below surface level.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColCurious
I'm watching now and can translate / answer questions if need be.

You're the goto guy for the film now!
The bit I saw seemed to be very 'documentary' style and trying to look highly credible, quoting sources to back up claims and such. It would be interesting to hear how Germans react to the show.

As for Germans wanting to maintain a business relationship with Russia:
Can you blame us?

Absolutely not. Germany is clearly trying to avoid a new 'Cold War' and simply get Putin removed from power. I just don't think that is possible to be honest. Well, without a bullet...which it seems has been tried a few times already. Hell the guy brings his own chef everywhere in the world!

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
This seems to be the one...not in english though,

On second thoughts its not the same except for the title, this is ZDF a PBS channel, so who is 2DF as in the OP then? It means the same thing though.
Maybe it's an RTL spoof!
edit on 20-2-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Even if all that is true, i'd still take someone like him over Obama. Putan i am sure has his faults, but at least he isint looking like martha stewart riding a bicycle or trying to jog around the white house.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Yes, that's about how I remember it. Thanks for the link.

a reply to: ScientificRailgun
I think a lot of this division has to do with the aligned vs non-aligned nations. And banking. So what else is new, eh?
edit on 2/20/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

obama DID lean over and tell Putin that "he would be more flexible after he is re elected".

(when obama didn't know the mics were on)
hmmmmm....
edit on 20-2-2015 by FalcoFan because: oops

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I really don't know whats so explosive to see (I'm German so i understand everthing they said) here in this documentary. O.K..., in the past he drank some, he worked for the KGB, a few times he beat his wife (millions of other man do the same sometimes.., sadly!) but that doesn't make them absolute monsters or complete unpredictable. I've seen the complete Docu. I'ts absolutely no big deal and not worthy to open a Thread about. IMHO
And BTW. i think Russia isn't that easy to govern. a reply to: noeltrotsky

edit on 20/2/15 by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

Oh most certainly. Nobody becomes that rich without busting a proverbial kneecap or two. Even Bill Gates did some pretty underhanded crap to acquire the wealth he has.

I think Alexander Litvinenko would likely argue that Putin has done more than bust a proverbial kneecap or two, were he still alive to do so.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

I agree with you there. I was trying to be soft with my wording so as not to agitate others with differing viewpoints.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: FalcoFan
a reply to: SubTruth

obama DID lean over and tell Putin that "he would be more flexible after he is re elected".

(when obama didn't know the mics were on)
hmmmmm....

That wasn't Putin but Premier: Dmitri Anatoljewitsch Medwedew

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join