It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Weird Winter Weather Plot Thickens as Arctic Swiftly Warms"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
a reply to: Rezlooper

Your argument is that "mankind has caused climate change so we should try to change the climate more". Don't you see how illogical such an argument is? More so when there is no evidence that the climate change has been caused by mankind?

Now there you go again. Where in any of my posts does it say that I believe mankind has caused this problem. What I clearly stated was that I know the effects, not the causation. Whether or not man caused it or not is irrelevant now, my belief is that the volcanoes (and yes, the underwater volcanoes you mentioned), permafrost and land ice melt and the thawing methane hydrates at the sea bottoms are more of a threat than anyone is recognizing. That is simply my opinion after researching methane emissions for two years then writing a 130,000 word book about it in 480 pages. I guess there is a lot of information out there if one just stops and takes a look at it.

I read a couple of your other posts and I totally agree with you on the effects of what is happening....quakes, coastal devastation, more volcanoes, etc. Also, yes, I even write in my book about the governments of the world and what they know because of underground digging and FEMA, etc. I even said I don't know the cause and couldn't argue against you whether it may be cosmic-related. So, please, read my entire post before you rant.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper

Yes, the weather is always changing, but have we seen anything like this in our lifetimes? That's all that should really matter right? What are we facing in our near future.

And tell me, who the heck made you, and the entire AGW camp power to say what the climate should be like?...

If the climate is always changing, and like it has happened so many times in the past there will be more disasters, why do you want to try to play with Earth's climate?...

And please do tell me, how are you going to shield the whole Earth from the effects of the new region of space that Earth will be in within less than 100 years? Do you have Scotty hidden somewhere ready to beam everyone up, or put a shield around Earth?

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Well written post, thanks.

Awesome avatar by the way.

There are so many things that could totally change the jet stream. Per your post, this is already going on, with Alaska, Siberia and Greenland experiencing abnormally warm temperatures. I've been monitoring world temperatures, and have seen that over the past few weeks, it's been warmer in Fairbanks Alaska than it has been in Wisconsin.

This is worrisome to me. Things are changing, and not for the better.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

It seemed to be your premise because in your last post you said.

It may be that all of our arguing is pointless. The natural sources of methane gas are far more threatening now than the manmade sources. We may have already reached the tipping point. I don't know how we start cooling the oceans and the Arctic region to get hydrates and permafrost to stop thawing.

You seemed to be stating that mankind has the power to cool the Arctic, and in past threads it seemed that your argument was that mankind is at fault, so we should be able to remedy it.

I do agree that we should take care of our environment, we shouldn't spill toxic chemicals into our oceans or toxic gases in our atmosphere. However, what you seem to be implying is that we should play with nature to try to change the climate.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

Yes, the weather is always changing, but have we seen anything like this in our lifetimes? That's all that should really matter right? What are we facing in our near future.

And tell me, who the heck made you, and the entire AGW camp power to say what the climate should be like?...

If the climate is always changing, and like it has happened so many times in the past there will be more disasters, why do you want to try to play with Earth's climate?...

And please do tell me, how are you going to shield the whole Earth from the effects of the new region of space that Earth will be in within less than 100 years? Do you have Scotty hidden somewhere ready to beam everyone up, or put a shield around Earth?

Don't worry about who is playing God, because God is already judging us. You really don't get me at all. You should read some of my fragile earth threads from a couple of years ago and you'll see where I stand on this. I'm not for us trying to play God. IMO, there's not a damn thing we can do about it, it's already too late and the climate change we are facing is an ELE, not something we can adapt to. And we don't have very long. The only thing we can hope for now is that GOD himself saves our sorry arses, and I don't know if we deserve it anyways with the way mankind has been hell bent on destroying itself anyways. Look how we've taken care of this planet and then you skeptics want to argue that nothing we've done has impacted the health of her, unbelievable. When I said that how could we cool the oceans enough to stop the runaway train, that's what I meant...we can't and only God can.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

I think your overacting to a political drama. Humans do impact the environment and in a negative way but i haven't seen 1 shred of credible evidence to prove that its human or that its even outside of a normal climate change pattern which can and does change to the extreme. Its due to unidentified variables that the climate science community is still collecting and analyzing data for.

No one has enough information about the world and universe we live in to draw absolute conclusions about whats causing what to happen, when and why.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

There are so many things that could totally change the jet stream. Per your post, this is already going on, with Alaska, Siberia and Greenland experiencing abnormally warm temperatures. I've been monitoring world temperatures, and have seen that over the past few weeks, it's been warmer in Fairbanks Alaska than it has been in Wisconsin.

You guys are making assumptions based on anecdotal evidence and your not looking at the current historical climate data.

The climate experiences an oscillating weather pattern of ups and downs with extremes brought on by extraterrestrial and terrestrial events. Large methane and CO2 releases, major volcanic eruptions, comet impacts and so forth. Its also theorized that solar cycles impact the earths climate.

There are so many variables that its going to take a lot more current and past data to make real and accurate predictions.

edit on 2/21/2015 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

i have seen your posts throughout the years. If there is an ELE, IF, it would happen once the entire solar system is within the new region of the Local Fluff which is a million degrees hotter than the region our solar system has been in for thousands of years.

The solar system has been encountering small cloudlets of this new region of space.

Ribbon at edge of our solar system: Will the Sun enter a million-degree cloud of interstellar gas?
Date:
May 24, 2010
Source:
Space Research Centre, Polish Academy of Sciences
Summary:
Is the Sun going to enter a million-degree galactic cloud of interstellar gas soon? A U.S.-Polish team of scientists suggests that the ribbon of enhanced emissions of energetic neutral atoms, discovered last year by the NASA Small Explorer satellite IBEX, could be explained by a geometric effect due to the approach of the Sun to the boundary between the Local Cloud of interstellar gas and another cloud of a very hot gas called the Local Bubble. If this hypothesis is correct, IBEX is catching matter from a hot neighboring interstellar cloud, which the Sun might enter in a hundred years.

www.sciencedaily.com...

As for who God will judge... You don't have a say whatsoever in what will happen. It's that simple, so don't try to judge me when you really know nothing of me.

As for being a skeptic?... Yes, I don't believe in your preconceived idea that mankind caused climate change. The global climate is not ruled by local climate, and there is not one iota of evidence that proves CO2 caused the warming claimed by the AGW camp.

People like you confuse the lies of anthropogenic Global Warming with Climate Change. Climate Change is NATURAL, it has always changed and will always change, whether or not mankind is on Earth.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

I think your overacting to a political drama. Humans do impact the environment and in a negative way but i haven't seen 1 shred of credible evidence to prove that its human or that its even outside of a normal climate change pattern which can and does change to the extreme. Its due to unidentified variables that the climate science community is still collecting and analyzing data for.

No one has enough information about the world and universe we live in to draw absolute conclusions about whats causing what to happen, when and why.

Not many people understand that difference onequestion. But it is ironic how the AGW camp have always argued that "mankind caused climate change" yet they are willing to try to play God, and play with God's nature. They claim a benign gas, CO2, is the cause of the warming when there is no evidence that it is, and their solution is to pump other chemicals into our oceans and atmosphere to "change the climate"...

Or even worse... their other plan is to sequester CO2, a gas that all plant life on Earth needs to supply oxygen and food to the entire world... people like him forget that we live in a CARBON based planet, where all life is CARBON based...

edit on 21-2-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

I fell for the same drama but once i actually immersed myself into learning more about it i realized how ignorant i was and was forced to change my perspective.

I have to thank Randall Carlson for point me in the right direction the man is a genius.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: kosmicjack

Well if we use history as our guide the only conclusion that we can really draw is that the earths climate is very unstable.

That's the only conclusion YOU can draw because you're not a scientist. How about we use science as our guide and realize that the variables introduced in the last couple hundred years or so have completely changed the game. We can't use history solely as our guide, at least not just one scale of it. That would be rather foolish.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
They are trying to say that we are solely responsible for climate change but obviously and laymen can look at the climate data and see that weather patterns oscillate and for more reasons than 1.

It doesn't take a genius to understand that.
edit on 2/21/2015 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

No one is trying to say that humans are solely responsible... we don't control the sun or our orbital patterns. But the warming we're experiencing is beyond those explanations.
edit on 2/21/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: jazz10

I haven't read through the whole thread so, sorry if it's been brought up, but does anyone think the 2 major quakes we had, Japan & , (sorry, I can't remember the big one before that) has anything to do with it?? Wasn't it mentioned that our earth tilted a bit with each quake??

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: j.r.c.b.
a reply to: jazz10

I haven't read through the whole thread so, sorry if it's been brought up, but does anyone think the 2 major quakes we had, Japan & , (sorry, I can't remember the big one before that) has anything to do with it?? Wasn't it mentioned that our earth tilted a bit with each quake??

Awesome point.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
You have to worry, if snow of next year falls on snow not melted by the previous year. Usually, it is the precursor of the start of an Ice Age, however it need not be that...

I had a post in another thread about 3 years ago that discussed such an incident.

This occured in 1816. The snow never went away all year, and snow fell on year-old snow the following year.
Attributed to the eruption of Mt. Tambora in 1815, this was truly one of the biggest weather anomalies in recorded history. It affected the northeastern US and Canada the worst, however it was a global, northern hemisphere event.

Thread: Extreme weather anomalies

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
It's amazing how self absorbed we as humans are. The entire planet is controlled by forces totally and completely out of our control. We have yet to fully understand how Earth's weather is affected by bigger forces at play that exist in the solar system. Sun is a perfect example. To think that we as humans are affecting the Earth's weather to such a degree via our cars, houses, and using plastic instead of paper bags is so mind numbingly ignorant! The earth is still a huge wild place!!!! We aren't there yet. Maybe in 100 years we might actually start affecting weather patterns but Gaia can take a hell of a lot of abuse before we really have an effect on something like global and planetary weather. What's going on in the US with weather has been going on for Thiusands of years!!!!!! The only reason we are so driving obsessed with it is because we as a society are so frickin obsessed with numbers etc. everything has to exist in some form of quantitative realm when we are completely missing the bigger picture. You think planet earth is so delicate that a few degrees in either direction is going to stop the world from spinning? Who cares if the oceans rise two feet! Maybe half the US will flood. Good! Humans are a cancer on the earth anyways. We will survive and adapt!

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: MiddleClassWhiteBoy

A ahhh. Thank god someone with common sense holy #.

I start thinking that the world I'd totally void of common sense and bam you come along thanks.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleClassWhiteBoy
It's amazing how self absorbed we as humans are. The entire planet is controlled by forces totally and completely out of our control. We have yet to fully understand how Earth's weather is affected by bigger forces at play that exist in the solar system. Sun is a perfect example. To think that we as humans are affecting the Earth's weather to such a degree via our cars, houses, and using plastic instead of paper bags is so mind numbingly ignorant! The earth is still a huge wild place!!!! We aren't there yet. Maybe in 100 years we might actually start affecting weather patterns but Gaia can take a hell of a lot of abuse before we really have an effect on something like global and planetary weather. What's going on in the US with weather has been going on for Thiusands of years!!!!!! The only reason we are so driving obsessed with it is because we as a society are so frickin obsessed with numbers etc. everything has to exist in some form of quantitative realm when we are completely missing the bigger picture. You think planet earth is so delicate that a few degrees in either direction is going to stop the world from spinning? Who cares if the oceans rise two feet! Maybe half the US will flood. Good! Humans are a cancer on the earth anyways. We will survive and adapt!

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

How is it "beyond explanation" when water vapor accounts for 95%-97% or more of the greenhouse effect in the troposphere? The Troposphere is the atmospheric layer which affects surface temperatures and where all surface climate occurs.

What about the changes that have been occurring to the Sun as well?...

How is it beyond explanation when the Earth's magnetic field itself is changing dramatically? Are you going to claim CO2 is to blame as well? Or that it is just coincidence?...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join