It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the apostle Paul a wolf in sheep's clothing?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: AlmostRosey

Rosey good enough I'd say. Elegantly displayed. Paul was an agent and he did all in his power to intimidate and force the early church in under his rule, away from the people whom he killed. Saint Stephen our Crown was not just any man, he was the bishop of one of the original churches of Asia Minor. Paul evidently killed him, it's one of the first things that happens in Acts of the Apostles— and later Paul instructs his surviving ecclesia to diverge from the teachings of the Lord in his letters, and to follow Paul's words as laws and instructions instead.
edit on 12-3-2015 by Utnapisjtim because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tusks
...Then he "saw the light" during the event on the road to Damascus---he was given a revelation of truth regarding Christ.

A critically overlooked piece that exposes Paul for who he is. Yahushua warned us that if someone says that they saw him in the desert, don't believe them. The road to Damascus just happens to be in the Syrian desert and Paul is the only person who has claimed to see Yahushua in the desert. Paul also claimed to communicate with Yahushua in the Secret Chambers. Yahushua warned again that anyone making that claim should be avoided. Again, Paul is the only one.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: lyyhtsource

Paul got drunk on bad liquer, saw the light and went blind, only way to treat it is by getting just enough ethanol to regain the vision. Jesus intended to blind him forever, but Paul knew where Jesus' guys where, and they were experts at producing liquer for medical reasons, so he raided them, got well, and later at Crete, Paul meets with Elimas the son of Jesus, and Paul calls him son of the Devil, and blinds him with what was left of his bad liquer. What a lovely chap they worship.

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Thank you for your post. It is refreshing to see that there are brave souls out there not afraid to speak up.
I think you would be interested to know that Lev Tolstoy agreed completely with you, as do I.

"Love One Another"
www.marxists.org...

posted on Jan, 22 2024 @ 01:46 PM
link   
In merely three verses—2Timothy 2:16-18—Pharisee Paul succeeded quite brilliantly in turning the Teaching of Jesus upside down.

In merely three verses, Pharisee Paul wiped away the crucifixion as if it had never happened; thereby, not coincidentally, absolving the Pharisees of all responsibility for his death.

In merely three verses, Pharisee Paul brilliantly succeeded in shifting the responsibility for the death of Jesus away from the Pharisaical Jewish priesthood—because of its lies about the Revelation and Doctrine of “the resurrection”; and the threat posed to their pride, their wealth and their power by the Doctrine that he taught—to the Jewish people as the “children of the devil” (And it will not be the last time that a religious establishment will demonstrate its willingness to sacrifice the lives of its followers for its own self-preservation; the “time of trouble” still being in the future); a perspective that has been propagated by Christian anti-Semites ever since, resulting in the deaths of how many millions of Jews? (But even the ADL is absolutely uninterested.)

In merely three verses, Pharisee Paul transformed the Teaching of Jesus into, literally, a Christo-Satanism which resulted in the slaughter of at least tens of millions of people since the writing of that teaching; in Crusades, wars and persecutions of Christian racism and imperialism, Inquisitions, witch burning, inter-religious wars and persecutions, etc. etc. etc.

In merely three verses, Satanist Paul succeeded in transforming this planet into a hell world.

And, two thousand years later, there is not even so much as one Christian—not even so much as one person who claims (incredibly) to love Jesus—who is at all horrified at what Paul did to his Teaching.

[And, by the way, there is no “inscription” (2Timothy 2:19) on the “stone that the builders rejected” (Matthew 21:42-44); which symbolizes the Knowledge Revealed through the Vision of the “Son of man” and the Revelation of “the resurrection”; a Knowledge which, when it falls upon ‘god of the dead’ (Luke 20:38) metaphysical Christian idolatry, ‘grinds it into powder’.]

posted on Jan, 22 2024 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Jesus says that whoever hears his words but does not put them into practice is like someone who builds a house with no foundation.

Well, that's the Holy Roman Church of St Peter and the Vatican well and truly fecked given their antics and the existence of recorded history, so there is that.
edit on 22-1-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 07:58 AM
link   
But Saul, still breathing threats and murder against the disciples of the Lord, went to the high priest and asked him for letters to the synagogues at Damascus, so that if he found any belonging to the Way, men or women, he might bring them bound to Jerusalem. Now as he went on his way, he approached Damascus, and suddenly a light from heaven shone around him. And falling to the ground, he heard a voice saying to him, "Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?" And he said, "Who are you, Lord?" And he said, "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. But rise and enter the city, and you will be told what you are to do." The men who were traveling with him stood speechless, hearing the voice but seeing no one. Saul rose from the ground, and although his eyes were opened, he saw nothing. So they led him by the hand and brought him into Damascus. And for three days he was without sight, and neither ate nor drank. Now there was a disciple at Damascus named Ananias. The Lord said to him in a vision, "Ananias." And he said, "Here I am, Lord." And the Lord said to him, "Rise and go to the street called Straight, and at the house of Judas look for a man of Tarsus named Saul, for behold, he is praying, and he has seen in a vision a man named Ananias come in and lay his hands on him so that he might regain his sight." But Ananias answered, "Lord, I have heard from many about this man, how much evil he has done to your saints at Jerusalem. And here he has authority from the chief priests to bind all who call on your name." But the Lord said to him, "Go, for he is a chosen instrument of mine to carry my name before the Gentiles and kings and the children of Israel. For I will show him how much he must suffer for the sake of my name." So Ananias departed and entered the house. And laying his hands on him he said, "Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus who appeared to you on the road by which you came has sent me so that you may regain your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit." And immediately something like scales fell from his eyes, and he regained his sight. Then he rose and was baptized; and taking food, he was strengthened. For some days he was with the disciples at Damascus. (Acts 9:1-19 ESV)

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Sounds good to me.

If you do evil, even a little evil.
you will see you can get away with it.
and like chiled you will see as long as no
one catches you or they are like you.
you can do as you will.

so you slowly become totaly evil.
like a seed it grows into a grate evil tree.

And if you are cought you come up with all kinds of excuses.
and blame every one but your self.

a exsample,
at school you see others bullying and see it as fun and self empowering.
so you to start doing it to.
and you see other children steal then do the same.
The School turns a blind eye to All of this.

Becuse they Condone this behaviour!
a exsample,
a top football player rapes a girl at school.
he should go to jail for 5>! years be band
from that school and ALL of it made public.

it is All kept quiet and he gets only a little punishment.
you dont kill the goose thet lays the rotten gold eggs.

Then he gose on to be the President of America.
a shining example to everyone else !

posted on Feb, 17 2024 @ 11:26 AM
link   
ONE word: YES! Saulus were blinded pby Jesus for persuing him. Saulus then rush off with his chained convicts behind, to Crete where the son of Jesus lived and worked as magi carrying the name Eli "Elymas" Barjesus alongside magistrator Sergius Paulus, descendent to æ the coup makers who attemted to assasin the emperor Augustus during the time for the turn of the ages.Saul seeing Eli was Jesu son had him blinded— an eye for an eye— Sergius fell upon his knees offering his birthrights, his name if Saul would be kind to restore Eli's vision. After that Saul the bountyhunter presented himself with Paulus that would bring him priveledges

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 10:11 AM
link   
How do you feel about the disciple Peter and the letters he wrote?
2nd line.

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 10:42 AM
link   
It is my personal interpretation that Paul knows he's a sinner, feels guilt, and can't get past the guilt without God. We all know this from his story and his name change from Saul. It's a beacon to the striving and struggling followers. It speaks to the message of salvation. He went from an evil life to one of promoting a righteous path.

I mean, probably. Maybe. Could be.

I don't know. Never met the guy.

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: HamiltonME

You be half way there. Why did the Jews recognize Paul as the Egyptian in Acts 21:38.

posted on Feb, 29 2024 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend
a reply to: HamiltonME

You be half way there. Why did the Jews recognize Paul as the Egyptian in Acts 21:38.

They didn't. That was a statement/accusation by a Roman commander.
A Gentile, not a Jew.
Paul is being accused on this post of being a wolf in sheep's clothing. How do people feel about Jesus' right hand man, Peter?

posted on Feb, 29 2024 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: isaielmikel

I want to read more about this, could you share any links related to this story?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join