It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the apostle Paul a wolf in sheep's clothing?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I think you hit the nail on the head here.

Romans 7
17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me.

So basically, as long as you believe and have faith, you don't have to take any personal responsibility for your actions. It's not you who is sinning after all, it's the sin that lives in you.

LOL, let's teach our kids that line of thinking and see how well it goes. Oh wait, we already have. The world is in amazing shape right now isn't it?

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You are so right, it takes a huge amount of courage to look behind the veil. Even more courage to walk through it.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: LittleByLittle

But it seems they have not yet understood why god makes people homosexual even if they are not that hard with dealing with homosexuals.

You know, Little, I just don't see why someone's sexuality has to be 'vetted' for them to be good people.
What do you mean "they have not yet understood why"? What's to understand?

Homosexuality just "is." I don't understand it myself, frankly, but it doesn't affect me because I'm not a lesbian (or bisexual) and I don't really care who other people 'sleep with', I just don't want to participate, watch, or dwell on it. If it's consensual, then - whatever floats their boat.

Why do they have to be "dealt with"? And who are humans to decide how to "deal" with them? Unless they are murdering someone, or raping someone of any age, or committing other CIVIL CRIMES, they ought to be left alone.

You are preaching to someone who already have seen why homosexuality is a symbiotic thing (and created with purpose that is not destructive).
. My comment is that religions who are blind do not understand that god created/evolved them gay for a reason and all souls do not have the same purpose. There are souls on this planet that should not have kids that are abstaining, hetro sexual and homo sexual. Religions always simplify the plan (and how the evolution of a soul occur) and when they do they seem to miss the point, that sometimes what will be for that soul after life, is more important than the existence on earth and the lesson.

Namaste
edit on 21-2-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Thanks, but I'm not 'preaching'. You made a statement. I was curious about what you meant. Appreciate the clarification.

Namaste right back at you....
did you notice there's a new thread in Paranormal Studies written to mock the New Agers/Indigo children?

I decided to play along....you might want to pop over there and let them know you're here, along with me and so many other of us who labor to help others out of their dark forests.
What's really funny is that so far none of us who have even responded have called the thread an "attack" on New Agers - which it clearly is.
But, well, frankly, I don't care. Some of us speak another language.

edit on 2/21/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Thanks, but I'm not 'preaching'. You made a statement. I was curious about what you meant. Appreciate the clarification.

Yes you did and my phrasing preaching was meant in the way "preaching to the choir".

Every time we talk, write, make a statement we manipulate (neutral meaning) another person with information. If that manipulation is good or bad for all included I let you as an observer make your own measurement. In a way language could be created better so that you can remove negative or positive meaning in a word when their is none. So ambiguous and the observer will see the information differently than the one writing the words since they will carry positive/neutral/negative meaning to the words.

Namaste

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Check my edit -

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Check my edit -

Also check my edit

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I think I read it if it is the same thread you words make me think off.

Not sure I want to take the bait, since they will see any star seed/indigo parable reference as an ego boosting. You are not allowed to call yourself En-lighten-ened even if you are En-lighten-ened to a degree and know by experiences how the light feels in the body and have the Reiki hands.
. I am a newbi at it on earth (only 3 years) and low level compared to others. But you have to start somewhere. Have not even gotten an astral projection yet.
But from my thinking It will work if there is a real need for it.

I am myself not an empath but the souls I have meet are amazing. A blessing from "home" to meet them. The energy they give out is very comfortable.

Namaste.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The Catholic Church has done some terrible things, they keep secrets from us and continue to keep the church going with disregard about what is right. The church is a business, I hope the people involved in hiding the truth will later pay for what they have done. The Templars knew something about that may bring down the church and they were murdered, the last Fatima secret kept from us, etc. I am a Catholic but I don't trust the church, I believe in Jesus, Virgin Mary and God.

Read the Gospel of Barnabas, it will surely surprise you. How many books were destroyed because the church was more interested in controlling people. It all comes down control, the most important thing to the hierarchy of the church.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Great Post OP.

Was Paul a fraud, in a word... Yes.

No offense, but I wanted to point out one thing;
according to The New Testament, writings of Paul,
It states that he didn't feel he deserved to be called
a Disciple and so preferred the word Apostle.

I call him The Apostate Paul. Not only did he not meet
Jesus but was apparently unaware that Jesus was even
a real person that actually lived on earth.

He couldn't have met Jesus because Jesus was a character
in a series of books called The Gospels which there are
many many more than just the four in the NT and were
written by Jewish Gnostics, which were not literal
but which these Gnostics believed to contain ancient
and deep spiritual truths.

I call, for the most part, Christian churches across the U.S.
Pauline Christianity, because it seems they base modern Christianity
on a model that Paul provided rather than "Jesus"

When I talk to Christians and I quote words from "Jesus" that seem
pretty incredible, they usually counter quote Paul.

The most amazing thing about the Gnostic Gospels and "Jesus"
was his multiple claims that he knew the secrets of old in which
he could defeat death and therefore be immortal.

Paul on the other hand talked about immortality in some etheral
realm after death.

I won't quote and site from The Gospels,
but even a superficial comparative study of
what exactly the message was of "Jesus" to mankind
and what was Paul's they were completely contradictory.

Paul has also been suspected of being the antichrist that the gnostic
"Jesus" stated would come after him.

Rebel 5

edit on 21-2-2015 by rebelv because: syntax

edit on 21-2-2015 by rebelv because: syntax

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: rebelv

Paul called himself an apostle on many occasions.

2 Timothy 1
1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, in keeping with the promise of life that is in Christ Jesus

Yet he says he didn't deserve to be called one.

1 Corinthians 15
9 For I am the least of the apostles and do not even deserve to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.

If Paul was meant to be an apostle then why did the other apostles not choose him in Acts?

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

But you have to start somewhere. Have not even gotten an astral projection yet. But from my thinking It will work if there is a real need for it.

Trust me, you are more than welcome there. It's not my thread - but it's a public topic - and it's been a while since anyone dissed those of us who believe in paranormal or psychic or metaphysical stuff. There are PLENTY of us here (and we know who we collectively are)........

and this guy offered us a chance to speak. I, for one, took it. Mockingly or not, he opened the door.

LOL!!

edit on 2/21/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

So ambiguous and the observer will see the information differently than the one writing the words since they will carry positive/neutral/negative meaning to the words.

HIGH FIVE! (We need an emoticon for that).

Yes - which is exactly the problem with the revered 'holy texts', not to mention just translation in general. Translation is very difficult - it is not just using a 'dictionary'. Not many understand this - but I do.

It's always - and perpetually - a danger.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
As someone who attends an Evangelical Christian church and bible study for the past two years I can relate to both sides of the argument. I'm the "troublemaker" in study, the one who is ALWAYS challenging "scripture" and the bible itself.

Along the way, I was really hoping to be brainwashed properly...just didn't take. That said, I can make a few comments.

When you talk about Paul describing his sinful nature, Christians believe we have an "inner man" which is spiritual and perfect along with our physical selves, that "sin". So this isn't unusual speak at all amongst Christians.

The other point in regard to "sinning" is an easy one. You're actions are not without earthly consequences. Murder someone and you may be forgiven through Jesus, but you will be going to jail if caught as a CONSEQUENCE of your actions.

What blows most Christians minds is when "pre-chosen" is discussed. Pretty much says God chose so many souls to be with him in heaven and that most of the people here on earth were created to be destroyed etc. Many "believe" they are saved but aren't. It's the same rationale used when I say the bible "isn't speaking to me", I'm told "it only speaks to those that are chosen"...so you get how this all works, it circles back on itself and if you're not on board 100%, you're basically told "you're not special" enough.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Paschar0

What blows most Christians minds is when "pre-chosen" is discussed. Pretty much says God chose so many souls to be with him in heaven and that most of the people here on earth were created to be destroyed etc.

That is sick.

Whoever is telling people that is ALSO sick.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Paschar0
What blows most Christians minds is when "pre-chosen" is discussed. Pretty much says God chose so many souls to be with him in heaven and that most of the people here on earth were created to be destroyed etc. Many "believe" they are saved but aren't. It's the same rationale used when I say the bible "isn't speaking to me", I'm told "it only speaks to those that are chosen"...so you get how this all works, it circles back on itself and if you're not on board 100%, you're basically told "you're not special" enough.

Some Christians believe in pre-destination, but it is not the standard, mainstream view.
edit on 22-2-2015 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJourney

It was new to me. My church then proceeded to point out all the references they felt supported it...at the time, it was very compelling. I point this out because I'm truly amazed at how almost any "scripture" can be used out of context to say something very different than it's intended purpose.

For anyone interested, I ran across this at sacred-texts.com LINK
It's an amazing read that is essentially a summary of scripture and stories from Jewish history towards the old testament. Mind blowing for me.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Actually we don't know if Paul was killed or not... The earliest account of what happened to him was by Ignatius which was a long time after he disappeared... He says he was martyred... Christian tradition says he was beheaded yet theres no evidence of it...

The reason you don't really know is that you probably have not read the right book. One clue is that Ignatius is the not the earliest account of Paul's demise. You need a little more teaching but then would you believe that the teacher is right? I doubt it.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

I've never had a teacher... so feel free to assume the role

its quite rare that anyone is able to teach me about the early years of Christianity, but it happens on occasion...

so whacha got?

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Paschar0

The other point in regard to "sinning" is an easy one. You're actions are not without earthly consequences. Murder someone and you may be forgiven through Jesus, but you will be going to jail if caught as a CONSEQUENCE of your actions. What blows most Christians minds is when "pre-chosen" is discussed. Pretty much says God chose so many souls to be with him in heaven and that most of the people here on earth were created to be destroyed etc. Many "believe" they are saved but aren't. It's the same rationale used when I say the bible "isn't speaking to me", I'm told "it only speaks to those that are chosen"...so you get how this all works, it circles back on itself and if you're not on board 100%, you're basically told "you're not special" enough.

Don't know which denomination you are in but whatever it is has a lot of whatever you misunderstand. Never heard of pre chosen in the first century synagogue teachings but have heard of predestination by foreknowledge. God is not a gambler. Doesn't need to be cause He is the house and the house will never lose. He knows how and when you will die and He also knows which side of the isle you are on when you die. We are all judged by every word that comes out of our mouths.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join