It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the apostle Paul a wolf in sheep's clothing?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
In my opinion, Paul was an obvious fraud. Not only did he never meet Jesus while alive, he claimed to be an apostle while saying he didn't deserve to be called an apostle. That's sorta like someone saying they're not worthy of being called the best while still calling themselves the best over and over. It is hypocritical.

Anyways, let's take a look at what Paul says vs. what Jesus says.

Luke 6
49 But the one who hears my words and does not put them into practice is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. The moment the torrent struck that house, it collapsed and its destruction was complete."

Jesus says that whoever hears his words but does not put them into practice (a.k.a. DO them) is like someone who builds a house with no foundation. Jesus is calling those who do this hypocrites in so many words.

What does Paul say about himself?

Romans 7
14 We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

The bolded sections are what's important, the emphasis is mine.

First of all, Paul calls himself unspiritual. Why are Christians looking to an unspiritual man for spiritual advice? That's a contradiction within itself, but not the point of this thread.

Second, Paul says that committing sin (doing what he does not want to do) is to agree that the law is good. So basically, if you sin, you agree that the law is good. How does that make any sense, shouldn't it be the other way around?

And lastly, Paul says that he keeps doing what he does not want to do, which is sin. He keeps sinning in other words, he does not do good, but evil. He admits to this in plain words.

If he keeps doing evil and does not do good, doesn't that mean the house he has built has no foundation? Jesus says the one who does not do what he said to do (treat others as you would want to be treated, a.k.a. do good) is a hypocrite, Paul says he does not do good, but evil. He says "he keeps on doing" evil. This is a slap in the face to Jesus' words and commandments and contradicts everything Jesus claimed to stand for.

If Paul "keeps doing" sin, how can he claim to have been born of God?

1 John 3
9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.

John says that you "cannot go on sinning" if you are born of God, yet Paul readily admits that he continues to sin even after supposedly being born of God. How does what Paul says make any sense in the context of John's words or Jesus'? Wouldn't this mean that Paul's teaching have no foundation and that it will soon crash? Yes, it means exactly that in my opinion.

In my opinion, Paul was most definitely a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Philippians 3
5 circumcised on the eighth day, of the people of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; in regard to the law, a Pharisee;

What was Benjamin called in the OT?

Genesis 49
27 "Benjamin is a ravenous wolf; in the morning he devours the prey, in the evening he divides the plunder."

He is called a ravenous wolf and even his tribes standard is that of a wolf. Paul claims to be of the tribe of Benjamin, meaning he bears the standard of a wolf. Paul is a ravenous wolf in the guise of a sheep, he is a wolf in sheep's clothing, a deceiver.

Paul also calls himself a Pharisee, even after his supposed conversion from being a Pharisee to a disciple of Jesus. What does Jesus call the Pharisees? A "brood of vipers".

Another interesting thing about Paul:

Acts 28
3 Paul gathered a pile of brushwood and, as he put it on the fire, a viper, driven out by the heat, fastened itself on his hand. 4 When the islanders saw the snake hanging from his hand, they said to each other, “This man must be a murderer; for though he escaped from the sea, the goddess Justice has not allowed him to live.” 5 But Paul shook the snake off into the fire and suffered no ill effects.

Paul is bitten by a viper, the same snake that Jesus calls the Pharisees. Paul suffered no ill effects from the viper bite. Why? Because he himself was a viper.

What say you ATS? Am I missing something here?

edit on 2/20/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I champion your effort here. For me coming to terms with the truth about Paul and who and what he really was, has been my most important step towards deprogramming a lifetime of Religious Abuse. He was truly an evil man, and keeps millions today from a true relationship with the Spirit of God.
If possible even the elect would be deceived. Im very glad your making an effort to expose the Lie that the Christian Religion is founded on.

This video of Professor Eisenman is outstanding, and I think you will enjoy his lectures. www.youtube.com...

edit on 20-2-2015 by misskat1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

Thank you kat! I'm only dividing the truth from the lies, not trying to hurt anyone. Truth is my only motive and truth is what sets you free. Those who believe Paul are in bondage, just as Paul says he is. I'm trying to help people be set free from the bondage Paul and the church have put them in.

Again, thank you.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Paul never met Jesus. Paul corrupted the teachings of th Christ as well as put words in his mouth that have been past down through the ages as if they were those of Christ or a Pope...he was neither. The Sabbath had been Saturday for millenia yet this knucklehead comes along and subverts worship to Sunday, entirely of his own acccord, course Christians will tell you he was "inspired" and since you arent a "real" believer you cant here the supposed truth of his lies.

I despise everything Paul brought to Christianity as made up, and with about as much veracity as Earnest Angely or Jim Baker.
How is that for some vitriol? I blame Paul for pretty much all of whats not loving in Christs message that is bandied about in churches today.

Paul was a sociopath

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Sounds like Paul is an asshat
Jesus seems pretty chill character, but he is a remake if someone much more ancient then he, as the knowledge was taken and modified into stories and characters via language masters

In a time people could hardly read, could barely write, and were fooled by hierarchy, why the f* would we take anything seriously written in such a time of deceit and confusion?

Because we are a species full of #, that's why

Practice spirituality, internal work, balance and development of self, here NOW. You don't need a savior, because there is nothing to save you from other then those who took your power, and those you kneel to and pray too...

Sorry OP, but when it comes to books written in deceitful and manipulative times, I don't give a #, we already live in a better world where we can read, wrote, research, educate ourselves, and share information world wide - no hierarchy and doctrine needed.

Paul is dead, Jesus is dead, we today are alive with more of a future then any of those characters could ever hope for. Why look back and wonder, your here, now.

Sorry for being blunt again.. I live internally, while I experience externally.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

People like to make statements like, "The Bible says.... (this or that)"

...often what follows are opinions of Paul being passed off as if it were the Word of God.
...one ought to respond: "God didn't say that!" (failure to do so is to submit to a false authority).

Question: Is God restricted in His actions and thoughts by what is written in the Bible?
Answer: No, the Most High is not restricted by the Bible, but most Christian think they are.

The Bible can be a weapon used to hurt people, as such it is a false authority.
The Most High placed power within each of us, the power to reject false authority.
And in my opinion, that includes the Bible. We have the power to reject the Bible
because the Most High placed the power within us.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Let me apologize if I derail your thread at all with my Paul ire...you have great intentions and I agree with your premise.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

No worries brother, your post was entirely on topic and I totally agree with what you said.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

You should take a look at some of my other threads, they agree with much of what you say here.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Paul never met Jesus. ...
Paul was a sociopath

This discussion reminds of the Gospel of Barnabas, where Paul is call deceived.

Here is a quote from en.wikipedia.org...

It is strongly anti-Pauline and anti-Trinitarian in tone. In this work, Jesus is described as a prophet and not the son of God,[37] while Paul is called "the deceived." Furthermore, the Gospel of Barnabas states that Jesus escaped crucifixion by being raised alive to heaven, while Judas Iscariot the traitor was crucified in his place. These beliefs—in particular, that Jesus is a prophet of God and raised alive without being crucified—conform to or resemble Islamic teachings which say that Jesus is a major prophet who did not die on the cross but was taken alive by angels to God.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: wasaka

I totally agree. People who bow down to the bible as the infallible word of God and claim that anything that contradicts it is Satanic are limiting God (a supposedly all-powerful, omnipotent being) to a single book written thousands of years ago.

They are severely limiting what God is capable of, and to say he would use something as fallible as men to write a thing as fallible as a book to be the infallible message is, well, fallible and heretical in my opinion.

God can do much better than a book to prove his existence, and he does. What we see right now is the proof, not some book that is easily misinterpreted and editable.

ETA: By "what we see" I do not mean world affairs, but the concept of the universe as a whole. It is the truth in my opinion, it is God's kingdom.
edit on 2/20/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Was Paul a Wolf in Sheep's clothing?

No doubt about it! He was.

However, that part you quoted and bolded about being "unspiritual" did come across like he was speaking from the perspective of someone else...

I'm not a scribe, however, so I will take your word for it, as I'm sure you're much more familiar with the entire chapter & it's context than I am.

I'd go as far as to say that Paul was a high level Demon rather than just an egotistical hijacker of the Faith!

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I kinda think this type of exposure is important, because millions live and are willing to die for these teachings of 2,000 years ago.

Im concerned that if people are not deprogrammed from these false teachings they are going to collectively manifest Armageddon. I think we can avoid Armageddon. I also think the conditioning we receive as Christians to be sheep, is very dangerous thinking, and it is at the root of how this "Christian Nation" gave its power away. Ive heard Christians wish for Armageddon to "fix" everything we let happen.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

The entire passage is about Paul himself, I don't see why he would be talking about someone else when the context never changed throughout the passage. Paul was calling himself unspiritual, which begs the question: why do Christians believe an unspiritual man could teach spiritual lessons?

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

Yes Armageddon can be avoided, certainly!

It is dangerous and-or delusional people who sit awaiting the day as if it's Gospel...

Ironically, it is Gospel, of course, but as a warning of a worst case scenario...

Free will gives us many choices...
All roads do not necessarily lead to Rome...
& with those many choices come many possible timelines...

& anyone who denies this, is denying that God gave us free will.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Indeed!
From my perspective as an adherent of Raja yoga...the personage come to be known as Jesus, was purveying Raja Yogic ideals, perhaps gained through similar philosophies like Jainism, or Zoroastrianism etc...Without having a strong background in Buddhism, Jainism, Raja Yoga etc... many Christians don't realize there are many passages throughout the testaments that mirror exactly sentiments that can be traced directly to the aforementioned theologies and more...predating anything that ol Paul had to offer by a long shot.

Paul was a Roman infiltrator, his mission was to subvert in order to control through the auspices of this new state sponsored religion, Christianity. There is very little in common with todays churches and the few surviving words of the person we have come to know as Jesus.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Yes, I had a feeling it may have had that context however I wasn't sure having not fully read the Bible.

& that question you pose, can only one have rational answer!

It'll be interesting to see who comes in with an irrational response!
edit on 20-2-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-2-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1

I kinda think this type of exposure is important, because millions live and are willing to die for these teachings of 2,000 years ago.

Im concerned that if people are not deprogrammed from these false teachings they are going to collectively manifest Armageddon. I think we can avoid Armageddon. I also think the conditioning we receive as Christians to be sheep, is very dangerous thinking, and it is at the root of how this "Christian Nation" gave its power away. Ive heard Christians wish for Armageddon to "fix" everything we let happen.

Yes, people need to be deprogramed. That process IS the apocalypse.
The term apocalypse is from the Greek and means "revealed" or "unveiled."
Don't submit to False Authority!

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Sigh I forgot to make the point I intended to reply to...I believe that God taking people up to heaven(IE gospel of Barnabas) while alive is perhaps a poor translation for Samadhi, or enlightenment.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join