It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

800,000 Obamacare Customers Given Wrong Tax Info

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
The Obama.Care.saga continues this week with another screw-up that will probably affect a million or so people.

This time it's another mistake about tax forms that are wrong.

Obama.Inc.IRS says now you should delay filing your tax papers because they made mistakes and errors on the 1095 forms.

Well that's great for people who might have big refunds coming (assuming your numbers are even right).

H&R Block is rubbing their hands today.

And on top of this, they are extending the sign-up period for people who *still* don't have insurance !!

Why would somebody sign up after reading about all the dozens of problems associated with Obama.Care?

About 800,000 HealthCare.gov customers got the wrong tax information from the government, the Obama administration said Friday, and officials are asking those affected to delay filing their 2014 returns.

The tax mistake is a self-inflicted injury that comes on the heels of what President Barack Obama had touted as a successful enrollment season, with about 11.4 million people signed up.

*800,000 Obamacare Customers Given Wrong Tax Info; Sign-Up Deadline Extended for Uninsured*

Ugg !!

No Wonder They

Keep Over-Spending !!

edit on Feb-20-2015 by xuenchen because: [_OO_]

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Wow...Obama better hire his 10,000 new IRS workers fast.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Wow...Obama better hire his 10,000 new IRS workers fast.

The Justice Department too.

They need to prosecute the ones making the "errors".

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

you asked why would somebody sign up for Obama care given all the problems?

This is a great quote.

"A sucker is born every minute".

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

After they passed Obama care, I said screw you and refused insurance.
This year was the first where I had to pay fines, and it ended up being about 87 bucks out of my tax return.

*flips a finger at Obamacare*

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

That 800,000 is just from the Federal Exchange states. States who run their own ObamaScare exchanges are now starting to step forward and sheepishly admit that they screwed up too. For instance, "Covered California" just divulged that out of 795,000 people who enrolled on their exchange in 2014, over 100,000 of them were given incorrect tax filing information.

The kicker is that the Federal Government is telling those who have already filed their taxes to "visit a tax advisor" to re-file, after they receive corrected tax forms from the State or Federal Government next month. No mention on who will PAY these re-filing expenses. I assume the taxpayer will have to pay his own bill. What a mess! I'm sure the Supreme Court is watching and shaking their heads in disbelief.
-cwm

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

The gov is FORCING citizens to get it-or pay a fine.

The term sucker should only apply to the ones that voted for the current criminal in chief.

Remember that the left proclaimed that ANYONE who has a problem with obamacare (and yes they did refer to the ACA as "obamacare" until it started slapping them in the face) is only against it because they are "bigots" or "racists".

Now-after billions of taxpayer dollars lost with the failed implementation of this unconstitutional heath tax-and seeing the left starting to complain after getting a taste of their own medicine-do we get to refer to the left as "bigots" and "racists" for finally starting to wake up and see what a train wreck the whole obamacare fiasco really is?

What is good for the goose...

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I expect better of my rich Uncle Sam. We could send these yahoos all the wealth in the known universe and they would still screw crap up. Just keeps getting dumber and dumber. Remember YOU are going to have to help Uncle Sam fix this. He wants YOU to be patience with him like he is with you (sarc).

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I wonder from those 800,000 how many do no even qualify for any subsidies at all but were able to ride the system.

Obama crap needs to go, go, go for ever.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Aren't U.S. born children of illegal aliens automatically covered by obamacare?

I am just asking because I don't know-but it would change the numbers across the board if it is true.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: FalcoFan

They qualify for various care programs paid by tax payers in the nation, as long as the facilities offering the programs including Obama crap do not ask for the legal status of the parents.

The irony, but when a legal tax payer needs help they are given the round around.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: FalcoFan

Aren't U.S. born children of illegal aliens automatically covered by obamacare?

I am just asking because I don't know-but it would change the numbers across the board if it is true.

Nothing is "automatic".

But anyone actually born in the U.S. is a citizen and eligible.

Subsidies and MediCaid are based on income.

People must "sign up" to get anything, and pay if not qualified for subsidies or MediCaid.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I just got an email from the Market Place, that I am one of the 800,000.

Important information about filing your 2014 Federal income taxes

Because you enrolled in a health plan through the Health Insurance Marketplace for 2014, you recently received an important tax statement in the mail, called a form 1095-A. This statement has information you need to fill out your federal income tax return. Unfortunately, your statement contained incorrect information. We need to correct the monthly premium amount of the second lowest cost Silver plan, which is shown in Part III, Column B of the form.

When the corrected statement is ready, we’ll send a message to your Marketplace account on HealthCare.gov. Until then, please wait to file your 2014 Federal income taxes.

If you already filed your 2014 Federal income taxes and used the incorrect Form 1095-A, additional information will be provided shortly.

HRBLOCK tax software has a bug that will not let you file electronically if one of your family is over 65 on Medicare and the other is less than 65 and has Obamacare. The bug is supposed to be fixed in the March 12 tax software update. We will see.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Ah-I see.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MinangATS

Good info there.

Thanks

But proceed with caution.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: FalcoFan
a reply to: American-philosopher

The gov is FORCING citizens to get it-or pay a fine.

Yes. The options are spend several thousand on insurance, or pay $100 in fines. It's just a way for the government to steal more money from the poor.

Anyone who thought this was for the benefit of people, or the poor, can be lumped into that sucker born every minute.
edit on 20-2-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Our government can build the largest and most complex systems in the world to spy on everybody (citizens esp.), but they can't even put up a functional website for ACA? That buggy website has been hacked even and now they have fudged some form and put the problem on the good citizens who tried to comply?

They lied about this crap from the beginning, didn't even read the bill before passing it, got it passed as a tax law with fines for non-compliance, threw all kinds of money at a buggy online system that crashed and was hacked, and now this?

I don't know if I can believe that they are so unorganized to screw up this bad considering how much they lied about it from day one. IMO, it seems like they are purposely creating these numerous problems for the American citizens to break us into total submission, or they are completely incompetent, either way, they all need to be removed from office, fined and jailed. Many high profile individuals need to be renditioned to some place more appropriate than a regular jail cell.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

what did you expect? they are trying to convince us that our federal govt is inept and unable to do the job by being totally inept. I mean bush told us they were working hard to destroy our country didn't he? don't worry I'm sure they have something in the works for when it falls either through revolution or their total "ineptness".

such a nice replacement they set up for iraq and libya, or greece and italy! can't wait to see what they have in store for us!

top topics

join