It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Venus, Mars, Moon Close Together Tonight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Bright Venus, reddish Mars, and a very thin waxing crescent Moon will appear very close together, low in the West Southwest sky, quite early this evening. Mars and Venus will appear even closer together tomorrow night, but the Moon will have moved on somewhat.
Mars is smaller than Venus, and less reflective of the Sun's light. This, combined with the fact that Mars is currently far from our position in space, in it orbit, make it appear fairly dim. Look for it slightly farther from the horizon than Venus.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Ross 54

I saw it (sort of the same thing) last night and it looked pretty cool. Venus was up high and to the left, and the moon was but a small sliver laying almost horizontal a little lower in the sky. I tried to take a picture but i just soaked it up with my own eyes. A cell phone wouldn't have done justice!

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
The planet of war, the planet of love/lust, the body of fertility and deception..

Could be an energetic week, watch for events.

Thanks for sharing, I have a beautiful view of the western night sky on my back porch. Orion glows, Pleiades dazzle, the moon shines. .

I love the night sky :3

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Beautiful, thanks for posting

top topics

join