It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blockai Launches 'Netscape for Bitcoin' With Blockchain Browser

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Blockai is a single application that seeks to merge a traditional Internet browser with a publishing tool. Using Blockai, users can read and comment on messages embedded into bitcoin blockchain metadata and also write and share their own creations.

The end result, according to Lands, is that Blockai will help people find the blockchain, while allowing them to easily visualize its capabilities beyond bitcoin as a currency.

Blockai Launches 'Netscape for Bitcoin' With Blockchain Browser

Blockai (pronounced 'block-i'), which takes a similar approach to spreading the bitcoin "gospel" as did QuickCoin, a Facebook-integrated wallet that sought to entice new users.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
what exactly is a "blockchain"?

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChefSlug
what exactly is a "blockchain"?

www.coindesk.com...

bitcoin stores details of every single transaction that ever happened in the network in a huge version of a general ledger, called the blockchain. The blockchain tells all. If you have a publicly used bitcoin address, anyone can tell how many bitcoins are stored at that address. They just don’t know that it’s yours. There are measures that people can take to make their activities more opaque on the bitcoin network, though, such as not using the same bitcoin addresses consistently, and not transferring lots of bitcoin to a single address.

www.coindesk.com...
IBM Executive Highlights Block Chain's Utility for Internet of Things

Precisely what the so-called "Internet of Things" will look like five or ten years from now is difficult to say, but it’s not out of the question that a block chain may be behind some of the next-generation technologies that companies like IBM are developing in order to build what may also be called the connected economy.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
This sounds like someone is trying to set up a new industry. I am somewhat cynical about Bitcoin as it has no value in the same way that conventional money has. Bitcoin is a made up currency, with no actual value apart from what people attribute. It is truly "money from nothing", therefore is valueless.

I am sure the Bitcoin supporters will see it differently, but then they have more trust in an invented monetary unit with no value, apart from what they want to put on it, which they hope will be high, so they can make "real" money.

Regards

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
This sounds like someone is trying to set up a new industry. I am somewhat cynical about Bitcoin as it has no value in the same way that conventional money has. Bitcoin is a made up currency, with no actual value apart from what people attribute. It is truly "money from nothing", therefore is valueless.

I am sure the Bitcoin supporters will see it differently, but then they have more trust in an invented monetary unit with no value, apart from what they want to put on it, which they hope will be high, so they can make "real" money.

Regards

What is "real" money? Ever heard of LETS?

"Money is just information, a way we measure what we trade, nothing of value in itself. And we can make it ourselves, to work as a complement to conventional money. Just a matter of design." ~Open Money Manifesto

openmoney.org...

Open moneys are virtual, personal and free. Any community, network, business can create their own free money - "free" as in free speech, free radical, freely available - but NOT free as in free lunch, or free ride. It's not something you get for nothing.

Open money is money that must be earned to be respected. When you issue it, you are obliged to redeem it - your money is your word. It's just a matter of your reputation in your community.

Open money is flat money. It confers no power of one over another, only one with another. Exploitation is no problem; when you have your own money, you can't be bought and sold so easily. You can choose what you do to earn your money. And there's no monopoly, all systems coexist in the same space. Flatter than flat - open money is superflat.

edit on 20-2-2015 by wasaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: wasaka

This guy gets it.

When it is proven (probably post death) that Satoshi, Szabo AND Dai are ALL actually John Forbes Nash plying his trade - people who focused on a conventional value analysis of Bitcoin will probably feel a bit silly- as they've missed the point of his work of genius completely.

edit on 20-2-2015 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jukiodone
a reply to: wasaka

This guy gets it.

When it is proven (probably post death) that Satoshi, Szabo AND Dai are ALL actually John Forbes Nash plying his trade - people who focused on a conventional value analysis of Bitcoin will probably feel a bit silly- as they've missed the point of his work of genius completely.

Newsweek ruled him out. His name is not Satoshi Nakamoto, so he can't be Satoshi. ha ha
I agree with Hal Finney that the C++ skills point to a younger programmer.
I just feel like Nash would prefer plain old C but you never know.

It was with deep shock that I understood that the basic mode of the psychopath is that of Nash's contribution to Game Theory, and that Game Theory is the means by which a Trap is being closed on humanity. It was then that I came to the idea that if we can really get this one, if we can really wrap our minds around the psychopath, we can then use that knowledge to "see through" the games at the many different levels. And I also came to the idea that, by understanding Game Theory, we could learn the strategies, and learn to avoid being entrapped.

cassiopaea.com/cassiopaea/adventures301.htm

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: wasaka
"Money is just information, a way we measure what we trade, nothing of value in itself. And we can make it ourselves, to work as a complement to conventional money. Just a matter of design." ~Open Money Manifesto

Money is a means of exchange. Basic economics.

Money is backed by value. The pound (or dollar) in your pocket represents value as a means to moderate a transaction. It provides continuity in the process of exchange, and onward exchange. Bitcoin is backed by people who want it to have value so they can make "real" money - 240 dollars / Bitcoin is (I think) the going rate of exchange.

Bitcoin is a medium of exchange because people use it, but it has no legal status or fall-back value. Its value is based on faith, so people with Bitcoins (and those who "mine" them), have a vested interest in promoting them as something with value.

The value is based on demand.

The demand is based on speculation and a view of "worth".

The speculation is based on making "real" money.

It's a con.

People get rich out of nothing. It's capitalism gone wrong!

Regards

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Bitcoin is used as a means of exchange for transactions, both online and in person.

Most of us agree all currency is fiat, meaning it is not backed by anything but faith. The Gold standard died over a generation ago, now we have a currency based on debt.

My understanding is BitCoin is based on an algorithm, a complex math equation while the US dollar is based on debt(and possibly the petro trade).

Which one sounds more like a scam?

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
bitcoin and all blockchain curancy arnt really money from nothing there comsumed electricity lol

other than that tho hold no real value

no diferant than papper money tho or a card a 100$ bill is tp if one one will exchange goods for it

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

Federal Reserve Notes are most certainly a scam.
That was a scam the British Pound perfected, but
after World War II, the U.S. had to rebuild Europe,
that is why the City of London was replaced with
the New York Fed. That was a huge shift of power
and it allowed us to put a man on the moon.

America is now running a world Empire, thanks in
now small part to the scam the British perfected.

Getting rid of the Gold Standard was another scam.
Our secret deal with OPEC, yet another scam.
Depression, Energy Crisis, banker bailout, scam, scam, scam.

When it comes to money. I trust in math.
a calculator isn't right in the AM and wrong in the PM.
Likewise, Bitcoin. Either it works, or it doesn't work.

edit on 20-2-2015 by wasaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Er, Bitcoin.

Conventional money has value. Even Bitcoins are priced in dollars!

They are a commodity, like carrots. I can grow carrots in my garden and sell them / use them as a means to exchange for goods of equal value. I can use my PC to "mine" Bitcoins and (er) use the "nothingness" as a means of exchange. With a carrot, I have something that has value - it can be touched and eaten. With a Bitcoin I have something with no value except what people are speculating it is worth. People would not "mine" Bitcoins if they did not make "real" money. The promise of money to be made increases the speculation and demand, so the price rises. It's an artificial market trading in nothingness. Crackers.

Therefore, in my winding way, I am concluding that Bitcoins are more akin to a commodity of nothing!

Regards
edit on 21/2/2015 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

There are holes in your logic in that post.

This would be like saying that gold only has value because there is a dollar figure attached to it.

All currency has no real value, and now that most of our currency is virtual(yes, I am talking about dollars), it is even more worthless.

Bitcoins, or one's piece of the algorithm is a means of exchange, just like your credit number is a means of exchange.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Bitcoins, or one's piece of the algorithm is a means of exchange, just like your credit number is a means of exchange.

? my credit number is not a means of exchange, it’s the guarantee of payment to the vendor.

On the logic of it all. Money has value. If it did not then it would not be able to attribute a value to a Bitcoin. A dollar is a dollar and a pound is a pound. They have value because they can buy Bitcoins and carrots. A dollar is worth (today) 65 pence, or 0.004 Bitcoins.

Regards

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   

So, if you had something that was secure by consensus (therefore trusted), not linked to inflation or international monetary supplies ( as dictated by International Banks or TPTB in other words), had the ability to build contracts into every transaction (less intermediaries/lawyers/bankers etc) AND had "fairness" built into it (game theory and logic)....surely this delivers countless benefits over FIAT?

In terms of value of carrots and gold etc: They both have value because some work has to be put in to generate them in sale-able form.

Bitcoin requires exactly the same thing (proof of work) and as long as someone doesnt break mathematics with a quantum computer....POW is just as "worthy" as any material feat.

If you look into Nash's history he has been very very busy,- apart from rewriting some of Einsteins work, authoring a seminal piece on digital ciphering (in secret, before almost everyone had even heard of it) and re-writing how Economists consider the future of money, he has leveraged his considerable brain power into a legacy work that will confirm his place in history...

When someone of that ilk comes up with something they think is "ideal" you can bet your ass the reasons why are probably over your head so no shame in not understanding the full ramifications but dont get stuck in the "digital con" trap- cos even if bitcoin goes down to 1c per BTC (wont happen); it could still change the world.

edit on 23-2-2015 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Er, Bitcoin.

Conventional money has value. Even Bitcoins are priced in dollars!

Therefore, in my winding way, I am concluding that Bitcoins are more akin to a commodity of nothing!

Regards

Dr. Behzad Mohit's "Bitcoin: Is it an Economic Equalizer or a Tool for Conflict and Crime?" in The Huffington Post, makes some very interesting observations that could help preserve the digital currency. He says that bitcoin must not be appropriated as a medium for free speech. Instead, he says:

"We need to protect bitcoin's legitimacy by restricting its domain to the buying and selling of goods and services."
The author implies that bitcoin could potentially lead to a more fair society, but in order to achieve this goal, "a user agreement must be put into place by the developers to prevent bitcoins from being exchangeable with real money".

He noted:

"From the moment it is exchangeable with money, bitcoin loses its independent utility yet another tradable commodity that contributes to the unequal interest-based money system. Let bitcoins be redeemable only for their value as electronic bits of currency for the mutually beneficial exchange of goods and services."

top topics

join