It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attack Of The Devil Cat From Hell

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Hi folks, as some of you know I am a real cat lover and have 3 beautiful cats who live with me in an old farmhouse in the heart of the Cognac vines here in France. They are my friends and my family and I love them to bits.

There has been a feral cat, a big ginger tom who has wandered the area for a couple of years now and he's made my cats sick with various infections on a few occassions and scratched one of their eyes after fighting late last year. It took an operation to sort it but it still bleeds occasionally all this time later.

Anyway, monday night I was sorting through a pile of cardboard boxes in the old stables and was attacked by the devil cat after we surprised eachother. Instinct would suggest he would have run off but not this time. He latched onto my arm and sunk his teeth into my wrist. I'm not a big bloke but damn strong and it took all my strength to pry him off and I was left with gaping holes pouring blood. How he didn't sever the artery is a miracle but he certainly damaged a tendon or two.

So here I am a few days later, tetanus jab, paracetamol, ibruprofen, course of antibiotics, bandage and sling, loss of mobility in my left hand and a very sore and swollen wrist. I'm hoping infection has been kept in check and another trip to hospital can be avoided but only time will tell.

I love animals but after this event I have to eliminate large male feral cats from that statement. The devil cat from hell can go back to hell and if I see it here again it better run instead of trying to fight. I wear my knife on my belt round here now and would use it in defence if I have to....I don't claim to be a saint and would do anything to protect myself and my cats.

I'm sure I'll be alright but if I stop posting you'll know the septisemia got the better of me.

cheers, from a one handed typist.
edit on 20/2/2015 by nerbot because: spellig mistale

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Are you permitted to have small caliber rifle or air gun where you are? Not to get all rambo or anything, but it sounds like your Satanic feline needs to be put down. While a knife is a wonderful tool for battling with a pork chop, it's not much of a use when going against a mini tiger.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Damned cats!
I hope for your sake that the thing didn't have rabies.
Feral cats suck more!

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Sadly, I have just sold a really nice PCP airgun but not much use against a very quick moving target and even a few hits with it would probably just bounce off and make it angry. All muscle. If I'd had a knife when it happened then it would have been ideal as it wasn't going anywhere while it was munching my wrist.

Last thing I want to do is kill any animal, but this ain't no furry friend.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Damned cats!
Feral cats suck more!

I feel OK and don't think I have anything nasty but cat bites are notorious for infection because of the bacteria they carry. I started researching online but had to stop from fear of too much information.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Did you just change the title and mood in your profile...lol or do you hate cats all the time?

Some cats are lovely, my 3 are supersmashingreat!

Duke

Princess

Squidge

edit on 20/2/2015 by nerbot because: added pics

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Sounds like you and your cats are loosing the battle…

You know where he hides… catch him.

Cage traps for feral cats

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I would suggest you find a Trap, Neuter and Release program in your area, as once the male feral is fixed, he will become more docile. Although it may be that he is now protecting his territory (your territory) from other male ferals, so fixing him will allow others to take over the territory and you will then have to fix them all. It's up to you what your course of action will be. I know how difficult it is to deal with ferals. Take care and I hope you have a full recovery.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot
a reply to: butcherguy

Did you just change the title and mood in your profile...lol or do you hate cats all the time?

Some cats are lovely, my 3 are supersmashingreat!

Those have been there for quite a while.
I can't stand cats.
They seem to like me.
I think they rub up against me because they know that I dislike it.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Damned cats!
Feral cats suck more!

I feel OK and don't think I have anything nasty but cat bites are notorious for infection because of the bacteria they carry. I started researching online but had to stop from fear of too much information.

Correct.
I have a co-worker whose wife has been hospitalized TWICE because of septicemia from cat bites. In both cases the cats were her own pet cats.... They no longer have pet cats.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight
I would suggest you find a Trap, Neuter and Release program in your area, as once the male feral is fixed, he will become more docile. Although it may be that he is now protecting his territory (your territory) from other male ferals, so fixing him will allow others to take over the territory and you will then have to fix them all. It's up to you what your course of action will be. I know how difficult it is to deal with ferals. Take care and I hope you have a full recovery.

Neuter, great. Release, no. They still carry diseases.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I realize your experience was traumatic and your post was not a joke, but I had a mental picture of that cat wrapped around your hand chewing on your wrist and you shaking it wildly to no avail. I have to admit, it made me smile. Sorry for that.

A live trap as was suggested might be the best choice. Either way, the feral fuzzy needs to go.

ETA: as an aside, I am amazed that butcherguy found this thread. Shocking.
edit on 20-2-2015 by network dude because: added thought

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Neuter, great. Release, no. They still carry diseases.

The TNR program also provides vaccinations to ferals, which should take care of many diseases, also feral cats are beneficial in keeping the rodent (also carry diseases) populations down. Learning how to read the body language of feral animals would be another course of action I would recommend as they can be unpredictable because they are fearful of humans.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Problem. Cat

Solution. Big-ass mean dog.

No problem.

Peace

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

I like cats and dogs, but that one is bad news obviously. Get yourself a .22 and pop that bastard next time you see him.

ID

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
OW, that must've hurt like hell! You must have some kind of animal control that you could call who would capture the cat and remove it from your property?

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
To all those who suggest trapping, remember that this is very rural France and the mentality here means that most think cats are either vermin and should be shot or they serve a purpose and should be catching vermin. Domestic cats are kinda laughed at and they just don't understand. I don't want to involve authorities too.

With a single access to my building under the stable door, I know I can deal with this on my own and simply if I'm prepared. My 3 may lose their liberty for a while while I keep them in but so be it.

Plans made, the devil will get what's coming and will be going on holiday.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Those are three pretty sweet looking kitties you have there Nerbot...obviously you take good care of them and love them, and they are pets so I assume they depend on you...

Even though I am on the Dog Lover side of Cats vs. Dogs, if ANY type animal threatened my pet dogs, including another dog, they gots to go...one way or another if you get my drift.

Since I love all animals, I think if I was in your situation, I would hire a critter catcher to take care of it...do they have those type services in France?

Best on your wrist - shivers and OuCH!

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Just remember that, that male feral may be keeping other male ferals from inhabiting that particular territory. Take him out, and others will surely move in.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Plans made, the devil will get what's coming and will be going on holiday.

While you may think you have the upper hand, if that cat is as evil as you think, he may be plotting the same fate for you!

Muhahahahahahahah!

Remember, there is only one way in AND OUT of that barn. Godspeed sir.

<<   2 >>

join