It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Has $200B In Stolen Fortune, Could Be World’s Richest Man

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   

One of Russia's largest foreign investor has claimed President Vladimir Putin has managed to amass some $200 billion of stolen wealth, making him the richest man in the world so far.

Bill Browder, the CEO of Hermitage Capital Management, said Mr Putin has hundreds of billions of dollars stashed away in probably various overseas accounts. Browder told CNN’s Fareed Zakaria that the Russian leader accumulated his ill-gotten wealth in the first 10 years of his presidency. “The first eight or 10 years of Putin's reign over Russia, it was about stealing as much money as he could.”

Putin Has $200B In Stolen Fortune, Could Be World’s Richest Man

Browder, who admitted being once supporter of Mr Putin but was expelled from the country after being labelled a “threat to national security” in 2005, said the leader’s net worth is $200 billion, if only to base “the amount of money that hasn’t been spent on schools and roads and hospitals and so on.” He said the missing money can be found in properties and in banks, “Swiss bank accounts, shares, hedge funds, managed for Putin and his cronies.”

If Browder’s allegations are true, that will make Bill Gates, the world’s recognised richest person, fail miserably beside Mr Putin. Gates’ net worth is $US78.6 billion

I don't buy it, if the money comes from corruption as in the bold part then the money diluted among several middle man, i don't doubt corruption is rampant and more than 200b were stolen from Russia people, I just don't think it all went to Putin's pocket.

Also I believe in the majority of the countries in the world presidents want to be elected to abuse power and steal all they can so its no surprise Putin pocked some spare change... and people like this guy?
edit on 20-2-2015 by Indigent because: typo

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

I suppose any elected official see it as they may only get a finite amount of years in power so they steal as much as they can in the time period allowed. Kind of like make hay while the sun still shines.

I have to agree all the same, its not just Puttin that's at it, there will be various nefarious individuals fingers in many a pie.

edit on 20-2-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Another version of this thread? Source...

As I noted in that thread, no one becomes the richest man in the world overnight and without anyone noticing. I also took the liberty to post his tax return information. *poof* your the richest person in the whole world, and 5 times the richest in Europe... and no one notices... no, I do not think so. Why all the hate on Putin lately?

He needs to just build the Bering Strait Bridge and get it over with, I am not getting any younger.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Sounds too wild to be true

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Volund

So, if his tax return doesn't reflect ill-gotten billions, then it didn't happen?
What planet are you from?

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   
There's not one ounce of support for any accusation. Its all bs assertions. No account numbers, no property addresses. No freezers full of cash like American congressmen have.

He's just one of the angry bankers that got booted and now has sour grapes.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: mcChoodles
There's not one ounce of support for any accusation. Its all bs assertions. No account numbers, no property addresses. No freezers full of cash like American congressmen have.

As the old saying goes, by "his actions you will know him."
Putun is showing his true nature as one would suspect from his background.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Pure western propaganda

I looked into Putin's money a year ago

The guy has something like 40 billion not 200 and even that is sort of like hidden KGB FSB funds

The fact is west can keep bitching and bitching, Putin ain't buying their BS and their NWO

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: PizzaAnyday505

Pure western propaganda

The guy has something like 40 billion not 200 and even that is sort of like hidden KGB FSB funds

The fact is west can keep bitching and bitching, Putin ain't buying their BS and their NWO

So, pardon some of us for thinking that 200 billion is a lot of ill-gotten gains and forgiving him for having maybe only 40 billion of ill-gotten gains. Yes, he is a much nicer man than about any Western leader than you can mention.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Putin is the leader of the biggest country by a mile on Planet Earth, with all its gold, coal, minerals, resources. So it's obvious the CEO of such a big country is going to be the wealthiest person around

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Does Putin's bank account justify the west interfering in Ukraine?

I am getting a little bored of posting to defend Russia but some of these threads are getting a little retarded.

Where were you guys before Syria? No one had anything to say about Russia until they stuck a spoke in the West's wheel while they tried to steam roll Syria.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Read the post by malbosia just above and get your answer
edit on 20-2-2015 by PizzaAnyday505 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Browder was interviewed on BBC radio 4 a week or two ago,and he said that the trial of Russias biggest Oligarch (Mikhail Khodorkovsky) was a show of Putins strength,and paved the way for Putin to take/steal approx 50% of all the other oligarch's wealth-if they didn't play ball-they would recieve the same fate as Khodorkovsky.

Sure enough(claimed Browder)all the oligarchs feel into line,and handed over billions to putin,making him the most powerful oligarch of them all..

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: PizzaAnyday505

My review of available information put Putin's wealth between 20-40 billion as well a couple years ago. It's all very speculative because it's buried under a mountain of shell companies around the world.

Russians don't care because skimming money is expected. If Putin wasn't he literally wouldn't be Russian. As you see from the shill responses already here.
edit on 20-2-2015 by noeltrotsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

I can't wait for you to start a thread about Bush wealth, about how did Obama afford 8 million dollar Hawaii estate paid in full

I am not holding my breath

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
From the source.

if only to base “the amount of money that hasn’t been spent on schools and roads and hospitals and so on.”

Errr what?

Im no forensic accountant but im pretty sure thats not how one gauges personal wealth.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
a reply to: Volund

So, if his tax return doesn't reflect ill-gotten billions, then it didn't happen?
What planet are you from?

The same planet you are from where you would demand some kind of proof for big claims.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

Putin is the leader of the biggest country by a mile on Planet Earth, with all its gold, coal, minerals, resources. So it's obvious the CEO of such a big country is going to be the wealthiest person around

Using your line of thinking there was absolutely no need to invade Ukraine and then occupy Crimea. Putins getting a bit greedy.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: mcChoodles

. Maybe you should write a letter to Mikhail Khodorkovsky and ask him?

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

Using your line of thinking there was absolutely no need to invade Ukraine and then occupy Crimea. Putins getting a bit greedy.

He probably is getting a bit greedy, but I admire him after Russia took decades of being stuffed by the West. He's got the balls for it

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join