It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to all the Indigo children?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Op3nM1nd3d

Spiritual Growth Prophesies???? Not what I would consider a legitimate site.

Anyone actually serious might want to check this site: International Starseed Network. www.starseeds.net...

edit on 23-2-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO
but DO realize they have experienced things the rest cannot even dream exists.

No, they CLAIM to have experienced things.... with no evidence whatever.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

You realize the average Joe will find "International Starseed Network" just as corny as "Spiritual Growth Prophesies" right?

And personally I don't see the big difference, they both seem to cater to the same audiences.. who may very well be so called "starseeds" as far as I'm concerned, but you know, people don't take this kind of stuff seriously, and from their point of view they really don't have much incentive to either.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

Well, I have no evidence of you existing either, you're probably just an annoying computer virus A.I. programmed to habitually debunk things as if that was what you were designed to do.

We have experienced things, we know this. We don't care if you know that we know this, because we do. You're out of the loop and you think you know that we're either liars or delusional but really you have no evidence either way.

Thing is, I don't care if you don't know.. it just makes it all the funnier, cause you guys take yourselves so seriously and all the while I'm over here snickering away about how awfully sheltered you really are. "You Hellenes are never anything but children and there is not an old man among you." comes to mind.

Typical humans right, starseeds and crystal children? Haha, just kidding.

You really are sheltered though, for real. *Serious and empirical*, make that rational as well. I love that word, so intellectual and stuff. Now imagine my avatar as either an ancient statue or a bearded old philosopher. Picture it? Great. Empirical........

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod
a reply to: Annee

You realize the average Joe will find "International Starseed Network" just as corny as "Spiritual Growth Prophesies" right?

And personally I don't see the big difference, they both seem to cater to the same audiences.. who may very well be so called "starseeds" as far as I'm concerned, but you know, people don't take this kind of stuff seriously, and from their point of view they really don't have much incentive to either.

My message wasn't meant for the average Joe.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Thanks Anne, I have actually found a very good post on this matter because people seem to be on a different mindset here.

www.starseeds.net...

Like said, I don`t feel special...I do, however, understand that each individual is unique and special in his/her own way with his/her own mind to expereince life around him/her on his/her own way. Or do you think that all of us experience and then react on the exact same event in life excatly the same way? Either way it makes us unique from each other because I don`t think that series of events in life of one person can be identical to another... So at some point in life/lives we all go through what is said in the OP of the linked thread, for this being common growth issues which we all go through in our lives and that does not make us special at all. I agree. But there is a difference between feeling and understanding. Understanding that everyone is unique and experiences life in unique way could help us get along better with each other, had mind on worldwide affairs. And I think many have had the same thoughs already.

As to why I believe things and understand them is a mixture of what I feel, what I know and how I experienced my life so far. And I would think that this applies to all of us. I see here people don`t like this idea so much, just can`t get past special vs not special thing. Don`t think that really matters, does it? I don`t like the term indigo or starseed but if this is the term, then we all were, are or will be at some point in our path which I currently believe has many lives and never cease to exist. You can call me delusional but unless you can prove me otherwise you won`t change my mind. Even so I`m open to all posibilities even the one that I`m wrong and will not try discredit anyone`s view on the thing without any evidence against it. That would be ego speaking right?

Regardless of all this, I will get on with my life as usual. And may you all be at peace

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Op3nM1nd3d

The thing with Starseeds Net is: "You still have to kiss a few toads, but it helps that you're in the pond".

I've been following this for about 40 years. Starseeds Net is the best site I've found for real info and legitimate discussion.

-------------------------------------------------------------

That is a great article from Starseed.

I know I never felt special, just completely lost --- as if I got dropped off on the wrong planet.

There was an old lady that lived next door to me when I was a kid. She was the only person I felt connected on the same wavelength. Not that I didn't want friends my own age, I did. It was very lonely.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Op3nM1nd3d
Or do you think that all of us experience and then react on the exact same event in life excatly the same way? Either way it makes us unique from each other because I don`t think that series of events in life of one person can be identical to another...

Interesting question, and one I've pondered recently.

I have 2 grown daughters, 3 years apart. When they reminisce about their childhood, it's as if they lived completely different lives. And then my recollection is different then theirs.

Is it memory playing "tricks"? Or did each of us really have different life experiences in the same "time space"?

I've had OBEs and other experiences since first memory (born that way -- 60+ years ago). Sure wish I'd had the Internet when I was growing up. Would have loved to have someone to talk to.

Special? If I claim to have certain talents. It is someone else, apart from me that usually makes a comment like, "So you think you're special". I just am who I am.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Dp

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium
a reply to: Aliensun

And many have come under the care of script writing "Doctors" that have $300k in Student Loans to pay off.. I'd opine "most" are now medicated and kept out of "normal society"... The Ones that escaped getting doped up are labeled as "Autistic" and not worried about because "He/She always says that..."

And the meek shall inherit the Earth...

Your ignorance of pharmaceuticals astounds me. I lead a happy, normal, successful life despite attention disorders because of being, as you so elequantly put it, "doped up". I have also been addicted to heroin (clean for many years, thanks for asking) and can tell you that your comparison is as insulting as it is ignorant.
edit on 24-2-2015 by dr1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: johnb

They all realized indigo is just a fancy way to say purple,quietly took showers and rejoined society.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hijinx
a reply to: johnb

They all realized indigo is just a fancy way to say purple,quietly took showers and rejoined society.

Indigo is blue. It refers to the aura color.

Nancy Ann Tappe had Synesthesia.

The term "indigo children" originated with parapsychologist and self-described synesthete and psychic Nancy Ann Tappe, who developed the concept in the 1970s. Tappe published the book Understanding Your Life Through Color in 1982 describing the concept, stating that during the mid-1960s she began noticing that many children were born with Indigo auras. en.m.wikipedia.org...

edit on 24-2-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I always felt that the whole Indigo craze was simply a manifestation of X Gen parents, who were grew up in a time where children were not valued (women were fighting to be free of responsibility to others, right to abort; all the most popular movies were about satanic evil children), trying to take a totally different stance in attitude towards their own.

In compensating for what they lacked as a child, they went to the other extreme as parents- hailing their kids as sacred superior entities instead.

I suspect the kids hit puberty, or became young adults, and it became clear- damn, they are just normal human beings.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma
I always felt that the whole Indigo craze was simply a manifestation of X Gen parents, . . .

Actually it's about energy.

Evolution of energy conciousness.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I always felt that the whole Indigo craze was simply a manifestation of X Gen parents, . . .

Yeah, I know the theory- I was right there too, reading and listening to channellers, into the whole vibrational dimensions and ascension techniques...the Indigo, Crystal, and Rainbow kids....the energy thing.

I suspect there was some strong psychological influences in those interpretations though.
edit on 24-2-2015 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Yeah, I know the theory- I was right there too, reading and listening to channellers, into the whole vibrational dimensions and ascension techniques...the Indigo, Crystal, and Rainbow kids....the energy thing.

I suspect there was some strong psychological influences in those interpretations though.

Yeah, well, I was born in '46 --- there was little to read and less to listen to when I was growing up. Wish I'd had forums like this.

Worked for a metaphysical publisher. Met some of the authors. They may believe what they "preach", but it's about the money.

Gotta say Doreen Virtue does light up a room. Very nice lady.

Still, I believe in the energy.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   
What happen to them? I'll tell you what we did. We grew tired of "normal" people telling us it was all in our heads. Instead of constantly running into a wall with that, we decided it was better to take our spiritual pursuits to a higher plane. We don't talk much anymore to others and tend to keep to ourselves.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
What happen to them? I'll tell you what we did. We grew tired of "normal" people telling us it was all in our heads. Instead of constantly running into a wall with that, we decided it was better to take our spiritual pursuits to a higher plane. We don't talk much anymore to others and tend to keep to ourselves.

That's pretty much it.

And there's an increase in Humanists.

edit on 24-2-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   
What happened?

They grew up, got shackled to a job and are now another cog in the system.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Yeah, well, I was born in '46 --- there was little to read and less to listen to when I was growing up. Wish I'd had forums like this.

Worked for a metaphysical publisher. Met some of the authors. They may believe what they "preach", but it's about the money.

Gotta say Doreen Virtue does light up a room. Very nice lady.

Still, I believe in the energy.

I am not sure I would consider 30 years old to be "when I was growing up"- but I guess in some spiritual sense, one could use that term!
Yeah, I had access to that at thirty, but started meditation at six, first books were the Bible and The Bhagavad Gita, Seth Speaks, etc.

There may be much truth to some of the concepts, but as I am sure you are aware through your experiences, channeling comes through the filter of a human brain, interpretation of thought packets is done using only the tools and patterns available to that individual.

I found too much correlation to the cultural and sociological movements to reject the possibility of some misinterpretation. There might be "souls" of all different vibrations, colors, catagories or "energies" incarnating at any given time. But I just never bought the "wave" theory, nor the "ascending earth for all" transition. I suspect it might be an individual process, being experienced in different ways, all throughout time. There are always Indigos, Violets, Blues, Greens, Yellows, Oranges, and Reds..... there are always some ascending to the next level, there are always some experiencing an "apocalypse", Jihad, or other form of spiritual battle, an awakening, a rebirth, etc. at any given moment in any time period.

But that is just my opinion. I see a correlation between the big Indigo belief movement, and the social phenomenon of sense of entitlement and superiority illusions in the current young generation.

Psychologist Jean Twenge and her colleagues compiled the data and found that over the last four decades there's been a dramatic rise in the number of students who describe themselves as being 'above average' in the areas of academic ability, drive to achieve, mathematical ability, and self-confidence.

Researchers also found a disconnect between the student's opinions of themselves and actual ability.

I suspect, though the kids were told they were exceptional, and truly believe it, the parents might be having to face the reality in observing what they actually produce.

A 2006 study found that students suffer from 'ambition inflation' as their increased ambitions accompany increasingly unrealistic expectations.

These young egotists can grow up to be depressed adults.

Damn! Mom said I was an ascended master! Why aren't my superpowers kicking in yet???
Source

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join