It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our current banking system is not capable of sustaining a space program.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
For one hundred and two years the centralized banking system has gotten everything that it wanted and asked for. Everything. Even when it meant taking blood from stones. No one refuses them.

Why then ... when we have fifty times as many states as Germany DO WE NOT HAVE MORE THAN ONE FUNCTIONING GODDAMN SPACE PROGRAMS!?

Compare the past to now.

Nasa Family.

Modern family.

Mike Grouchy

edit on 20-2-2015 by mikegrouchy because: format

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: mikegrouchy

You know, that ain't a bad idea you have there.

Short of total privatization which I prefer, could we have competing US state space programs?

edit on 20-2-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

You know, that ain't a bad idea you have there.

Short of total privatization which I prefer, could we have competing US state space programs?

I think a more accurate method would be to have States work in pairs. For instance California could team up with State of Rhode Island. So, only 25 space programs. But YES competition, in my experience, is very productive!

Mike
edit on 20-2-2015 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
A suggested list of teams for competing space programs. Twenty Six in all. We have had the GdP to do this ... all along.

California, Vermont
    Texas, Montana
    New York, Rhode Island
    Florida, Wyoming
    Illinois, South Dakota
    Pennsylvania, Maine
    Ohio, Alaska
    New Jersey, North Dakota
    North Carolina, Delaware
    Georgia, Idaho
    Virginia, New Hampshire
    Massachusetts, West Virginia
    Michigan, Hawaii
    Washington, New Mexico
    Maryland, District of Columbia
    Indiana, Mississippi
    Minnesota, Nebraska
    Colorado, Arkansas
    Tennessee, Nevada
    Wisconsin, Utah
    Arizona, Kansas
    Missouri, Iowa
    Connecticut, Kentucky
    Louisiana, South Carolina
    Oregon, Oklahoma
    Alabama, Puerto Rico

^ That many space programs. Each group of states working as a team. ... or the broken thing we have now.

Mike Grouchy
edit on 20-2-2015 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   

It is possible but, I think those states should simply encourage private development and manufacturing (which no government ever does well).

Let them compete for bragging rights and tax revenue and everyone will be much more productive.
edit on 21-2-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   

It is possible but, I think those states should simply encourage private development and manufacturing (which no government ever does well).

Let them compete for bragging rights and tax revenue and everyone will be much more productive.

Well, I chose that list precisely because of the political train wreck that it appears to be on first blush. Space transcends politics. We are doing weird half embargos with Russia but still joint operate the ISS with them. Them and the rest of the world. That list is like the worst nightmare of a hostess at a dinner party. All the wrong couples paired right up. It makes no sense geographically, historically, regionally, not even culturally.

But it does represent the averaging of the joint Gross Domestic Products (GdP) bringing each team closer to an even starting point. This way if any team really outshines the others, it will show. Be clear. An easy example to see. For others to catch up to.

In Japan they held a contest asking what would you like to see in a hotel on the Moon. Submission came from Architectural/Engineering firms all the way to 14 year old kids.

In China the female astronaut is celebrated, and there is the ancient legend of the princess and the rabbit on the moon with the elixir of immortality.

India has a huge space program.

We should have had at least 25 space programs, by now. We can do this. There is no law against working for a better future. The only thing I can see stopping us is the current banking system. It has proven itself incapable of expanding an existing space program.

Let alone splitting it off and propagating it.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   

You can't plan innovation but, you can stifle it.

What if we created a department of mobile phones back in the 60s, how far do you think we would be along by now?

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   

You can't plan innovation but, you can stifle it.

What if we created a department of mobile phones back in the 60s, how far do you think we would be along by now?

Say what?

No one invited any departments to this party. If anything, they will be replaced with their masters. The current banking system.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   

NASA does not interact with banks per se. If anything, the national space program has been pretty effective at disproving the public-only solution because it has been so insulated from competition and transparent oversight.

I guess I just don't get the connection you are trying to make.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   

I am just trying to make new connections. Before we loose what little progress we have already made.

Mike Grouchy

edit on 21-2-2015 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikegrouchy

I am just trying to make new connections. Before we loose what little progress we have already made.

Mike Grouchy

What do black astronauts have to do with anything?

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   

What do black astronauts have to do with anything?

I feel you may have lost the plot, my friend. They are happy astronauts. Optimistic, highly trained, and ready. Being black is incidental in space.

Mike Grouchy

[edit: unlike some experiences with the current banking system]
edit on 21-2-2015 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   

i should dig up that research paper for you. it's around here somewhere. he did extensive research on it. i'll ask him when he wakes up where i should look for it.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   
i recall a bit i can share now. the paper discusses the rules (among other things) regarding who actually owns space -- obviously no one does and everyone does, if we assume there isn't already a sentient alien species claiming it. so any attempt to mine resources/set up bases, would technically require every space fairing nation to have equal claim to the booty or facilities, and technically, equal investment in cost and manpower. alot of arguments ensued, since non space fairing nations don't want to be left out of the loop. it's actually a very complex situation.

he lists the various resources available in space and how advances/creation of new space technologies, would enliven the economies of nations all over the world

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
This is what I envision a space age should look like here on Earth.

Prison

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b9a3408e2239.png[/atsimg]

Single family home

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/61a3b8de78c4.png[/atsimg]

Middle Class home

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a9d961e5879d.png[/atsimg]

Upper Class home

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/af21e0c5a7d3.png[/atsimg]

What is the purpose of a financial penalty?

I suggest that it is to teach a lesson.

What are we learning, then, in these economic times?

Mike Grouchy

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Junkheap

originally posted by: Junkheap
I'm not sure how, but putting an end to money period would be a start. Money is a stupid concept anyway that needs to be stopped. Look at all the damage it's caused.

Blurring the destinction between 'money' and 'currency' isn't helping to solve the underlying problem of the current financial paradigm.

It is the problem (or a crucial part of it at least).

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Only endeavours that are "bankable" can be sustained, period.
Many of the space programs have born fruit.
Many have not.
Human trips to the moon and mars, may ,or may not return the rewards we hope they would.

In the near to medium term, due the expensive human safely components which have to be implemented, and also the fact that humans deteriorate quite rapidly, when outside their planets gravity,
it may never be a great idea for human to travel in space.

Robotics controlled through tele/virtual presence seem like a way to go.
Or perhaps, autonomous robots.

"Space" will have to develop it's own economy as transporting anything into space, makes it's value literally sky rocket, in any earth based currency.

Telecommunications, has yielded a return.
In the near term, energy collection, and astroid mining could bring more value to "Space's'" economy.

edit on 22-2-2015 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Virgin Galactic scholarship to groom South Africa’s next potential astronaut.

“Luyanda has been described by staff at the school as a gifted scholar an all-rounder; as a “conscientious, hard-working student, a formidable musician; neat boarder; and as an inspiration to other boys… We think Luyanda is a worthy recipient of this scholarship and will make the most of the opportunities offered to him. [sic],” said Maja Muric, Galactic Unite Manager.

htxt.africa / Next Astronaut

Yes. How about we bring back the Renaissance Ideal. Start producing people who are talented at everything.

Mike

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   

What was reported as a "meteor" over Utah, turns out to be the rocket body used in the launch of Yaogan Weixing-26, a Chinese satellite, which was launched in December 2014. It just came down. Over Utah. This just happened 4 hours ago.

Surely someone knew this was going to come down this evening.

Here is a close up of it breaking up.

Mike Grouchy

edit on 24-2-2015 by mikegrouchy because: format

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join