It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Generational curses & how to break them

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I was having a significant discussion with someone today & we began discussing generational curses.

My understanding of a curse is that once it's broken, its gone.
There was some debate about this & we began discussing generational curses...

I'm interested in others thoughts & experiences regarding this sort of thing.

Is there there's an accepted method to breaking them?
How do they start?
Can they be broken for good or does it start again with each generation?

Thanks for your thoughts!

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   
On my dad's side of the family there has been a lot of alcohol abuse, and smoking, I don't do either, so I guess I'm breaking the curse, I hope I'm doing the right thing, my kid doesn't do those things either.

My Mom's side of the family seems pretty normal, no substance abuse over there.

Peace

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   
my best advice is, do not believe in them. like religion, sorry to some here, but 95% of life is a crock, what you make is 100%.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: FutureThinker
On my dad's side of the family there has been a lot of alcohol abuse, and smoking, I don't do either, so I guess I'm breaking the curse, I hope I'm doing the right thing, my kid doesn't do those things either.

My Mom's side of the family seems pretty normal, no substance abuse over there.

Peace

I've got alcohol on my dad's side, drugs on my mom's. I'm doing my best to stay away from both. Of course, my dad did stick me with one curse I cannot shake that he got.

"I hope you have kids, JUST LIKE YOU!" Yah! I got me in my daughter alright! LOL Trust me when I say that is a curse you do not want! LOL There's a reason her nickname is demon child. Her halos are held up by horns. If you guys figure out how to lift that curse, you give me a holler!

edit on 2/20/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: coldkidc
I was having a significant discussion with someone today & we began discussing generational curses.

How do they start?

Generational curses are real and a part of the supernatural. A spiritual ritual with worship to a specific spirit requesting revenge and punishment. Curses can go on for ever until properly broken. Hateful and spiteful people go to powerful witches and warlocks requesting a person to be cursed. These people work with evil spirits and demons who call down punishment on these people for money or some other type of service.

Your creator, God, can also pass on curses as a form of punishment. These curses normally last up to four generations and then relief can be sought.

There are only two ways that I know on how to break a curse: (1) Go to a powerful witch or warlock (this includes voodoo) and pay thousands of dollars to have it removed - the problem with this way you will find it to be temporary. The curse comes back every few years..... why? That witch or warlock can not always fully stop a curse or because they want to drain your bank account every few months. (2) The more efficient way is to do some research into your family to find out what type of curse might have befallen on your family, if you are into the occult immediately stop - you are feeding the curse keeping it strong, so stop playing within the occult and finally get God, his SON and his angels involved through prayer. By using the name of Jesus you can rebuke any curse and even send it back to the person who originally sent it out then pray for protection over you and your family. Again if you are in the occult - best check and see if you are because there are numerous occult practices out here..... this must stop immediately or it will continue.

A bit more...... you break a curse this would only concern you NOT your entire family. Each family member would have to participate in breaking a generational curse as described above.

So going to a witch or warlock to remove a curse is practicing a part of the occult.

FYI: Many times once paying a witch or warlock . they will put a new curse on you so you come back to pay, again and again..A vicious circle.

Its a spiritual thing.......

edit on 20-2-2015 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: coldkidc

I have been waiting for the actual topic to be revealed here but, I don't think it is going to happen.

So, I will ask the question: Are you referring to embarrassing familial disorders or predispositions or to supernatural multi-generational magical directives?

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

Specifically discussed was curses with more of a supernatural/spiritual overtone...
Generally tied to traditions of alcoholism, drug abuse, physical abuse, sexual abuse, mental disorders, promiscuity, poverty, legal trouble, self-destructive behaviors, etc. there are many different forms they can take.

The more secular-minded of us will suggest they are simply genetic predispositions (which I don't completely discount) but in that case there's not much point discussing any "breaking of the curse" since they wouldn't actually be "curses" in any spiritual or traditional manner but rather defective genetics that would likely require genetic modification to truly "break" (human willpower aside).

It was not a particularly specific conversation but more of a philosophical discussion about where these things originate from & if they can be "broken" like a traditional occult type curse or if it's something a specific bloodline is permanently saddled with.

Then we started discussing whether or not it would affect each generation or if the "destiny" of a family could be changed by one decedent & what that would take...

Sorry, it doesn't get more detailed than that...hope you weren't waiting on juicy details from someone's past or anything...it was more of an academic/spiritual conversation.

I'm particularly interested in hearing from those who feel these curses are more of a spiritual/supernatural burden...
edit on 20-2-2015 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

moved to post above
edit on 20-2-2015 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: coldkidc

I think the meat of the discussion would therefore be in the nature/nurture debate.

Can a cursed name rise above the popular negative expectations?

More than a simple question, it contains elements both of societal discrimination as well as personal devaluation.

I can't comment on the potential benefits of a mojo (monkey's hand/foot) but, if you want to cover all the bases...
edit on 20-2-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
The so-called family curse is empowered by upbringing and beliefs. It is a predisposition, or in some cases, a hereditary trait passed on in families. These things don't always turn up in every family member, and not even every generation. Obviously, we are all familiar with health issues that can be passed along, but other traits can be too. Cutting to the chase though.

The "family curse" is easily broken. So easily, that most people don't believe it, and therefore believe they have to live with it. Or they think some complicated ritual must be performed to rid themselves of it. Which only strengthens its hold on your psyche.

Acknowledge the "curse", and know it has no power over you, except what you give to it by paying it homage. It comes down to choice. Your choice to give in to it, or shut it down every time it comes up in your life.

The parental curse: "I hope your kids are just like you." is like telling someone you hope their baby is born naked. It has no force behind it, except what you give to it.

And don't buy into the religious mumbo jumbo. All religion will do is strengthen your fears, which is what gives power to a "curse" to start with.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

originally posted by: coldkidc

How do they start?

Generational curses are real and a part of the supernatural. A spiritual ritual with worship to a specific spirit requesting revenge and punishment. Curses can go on for ever until properly broken. Hateful and spiteful people go to powerful witches and warlocks requesting a person to be cursed. These people work with evil spirits and demons who call down punishment on these people for money or some other type of service.

Your creator, God, can also pass on curses as a form of punishment. These curses normally last up to four generations and then relief can be sought.

There are only two ways that I know on how to break a curse: (1) Go to a powerful witch or warlock (this includes voodoo) and pay thousands of dollars to have it removed - the problem with this way you will find it to be temporary. The curse comes back every few years..... why? That witch or warlock can not always fully stop a curse or because they want to drain your bank account every few months. (2) The more efficient way is to do some research into your family to find out what type of curse might have befallen on your family, if you are into the occult immediately stop - you are feeding the curse keeping it strong, so stop playing within the occult and finally get God, his SON and his angels involved through prayer. By using the name of Jesus you can rebuke any curse and even send it back to the person who originally sent it out then pray for protection over you and your family. Again if you are in the occult - best check and see if you are because there are numerous occult practices out here..... this must stop immediately or it will continue.

A bit more...... you break a curse this would only concern you NOT your entire family. Each family member would have to participate in breaking a generational curse as described above.

So going to a witch or warlock to remove a curse is practicing a part of the occult.

FYI: Many times once paying a witch or warlock . they will put a new curse on you so you come back to pay, again and again..A vicious circle.

Its a spiritual thing.......

Why would God curse someone? The bible states that upon rebirth in Christ Jesus we are a new creation so all generational curses are broken then at that point of new birth.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
It's all just bunk.

I dated a guy once whose family is very Creole/Cajun. His mom was convinced that I was doomed to have all girls because, on my Mom's side, there were several generations of all girls. It was a big deal to her.

Of course I married someone else...and I had boys.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: guitarplayer

The Bible mentions “generational curses” in several places (Exodus 20:5; 34:7; Numbers 14:18; Deuteronomy 5:9). God warns that He is “a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me.”

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
It's all just bunk.

I dated a guy once whose family is very Creole/Cajun. His mom was convinced that I was doomed to have all girls because, on my Mom's side, there were several generations of all girls. It was a big deal to her.

Of course I married someone else...and I had boys.

Many people are superstitious, especially tribes, volks and communities all over the world that have cut themselves off/seperated themselves from society plus the tradition of handing down the stories they received from their forefathers. Sounds exactly like all religions except the only two religions that have shown numerous real life supernatural events in front of hundreds, even thousands of eye witnesses, like the Jewish nation and Christians have witnessed, not stories from their forefathers or out right myths.

new topics

top topics

join