It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why has ISIS neglected implementing terrorist operations against/within China?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   
China; one billion people that are not believers of/in the faith 'Islam' you would think that country/civilization would be an OBVIOUS prime target for enacting/exacting a "Jihad holy war". Why has this not happened? Why has ISIS side stepped implementing terrorist activities in North Korea, or Russia?
edit on 20-2-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Probably for the same reason the baddest most ruthless inmate doesn't mess with the crazy guy in the prison.

I think there's a part of them that knows China is just crazy enough & has the balls to crush them immediately with a very large hammer.

Don't think they care a lot about diplomacy...not sure...but I get that impression.
edit on 20-2-2015 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   
ISIS is a group in Iraq/Syria. A couple of other groups have taken the name like ones in Libya but, there is no global ISIS organization. They try and encourage crazy people to commit acts in their name but, they do not have the ability to strike China. And Chine keeps a tight lid on its own Muslim population who are already rebellious enough.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I often ask myself that question as well. I tend to think that China would not pussyfoot around and would make a clean sweep of the lot of them and they know it. I couldn't imagine ISIS getting anywhere near North Korea to cause problems or attack that countries citizens. Russia, dunno.

My unqualified answer. Sure would like to see China take them on.

Bally

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
ISIS is a group in Iraq/Syria. A couple of other groups have taken the name like ones in Libya but, there is no global ISIS organization. They try and encourage crazy people to commit acts in their name but, they do not have the ability to strike China. And Chine keeps a tight lid on its own Muslim population who are already rebellious enough.

There are indications that the IS groups in Syria/Iraq and Libya are connected. Apparently, a top IS official has regularly travelled to IS held areas in Libya to provide assistance and give speeches. Further reports, by the media, of IS' plans to 'invade Europe', yield information which states that they are planning to deploy battle-hardened fighters from Syria and Iraq into the country... Some media reports claim that the Libyan and Syrian/Iraqi IS groups are more connected than other terrorist organisations with international branches.

Still, i think it is important to note that IS is not likely to attack China. Exactly for the same reasons it has not attacked the West - a lack of resources and capabilities to do so. That doesn't stop disenchanted Muslims in China from committing terrorist attacks though.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

I think Russia would eradicate them with extreme prejudice if IS were to strike Moscow. You saw how they dealt with the Chechens.
China has no need to Intervene because IS isn't causing any problems for them. It wouldn't be very wise for IS to poke that hornets nest anyway.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: PorteurDeMort

defense-update.com...

Title : "China targeted by ISIS" (you will have to search 404'd sorry)

G'day PDM. I read this a short time ago just out of interest generated from this thread. Sorry I couldn't imbed the address but you may have a look at it. Good read. Shows some Chinese ISIS members.

Regards,

bally
edit on 20-2-2015 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Google "China" and "ISIS."

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   

They do have problems with the uighurs, we even hear about some of it in the west.

However, China is not an open society so there is little utility in a public terror campaign for mohammedans there (not enough publicity) but, that is changing.
edit on 20-2-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   
With China's highly controlled press, we don't know how much terrorism and civil unrest occur. Therefore, we don't know if ISIS (or similar) are operating in China, or not, because chances are it would be covered up. We also know that China does not like minorities and have poor civil rights, but is ruthless in cracking down on dissent - actual, or perceived.

However, the last published Islamic terrorism incident that I know of...

en.wikipedia.org...

Regards

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Because China doesn't have a muslim for a "leader" that will blame their own citizens for terrorist acts committed by isis (muslims) like we do.

edit on 20-2-2015 by FalcoFan because: rheumatiz

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Well for one, I think they understand that China wouldn't pussyfoot around and basically wipe them off the planet.

For two I don't think ISIS really cares about China because they aren't part of their death cult "prophecy"

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: coldkidc
Probably for the same reason the baddest most ruthless inmate doesn't mess with the crazy guy in the prison.
I think there's a part of them that knows China is just crazy enough & has the balls to crush them immediately with a very large hammer.
Don't think they care a lot about diplomacy...not sure...but I get that impression.

No manners (Geneva convention variety). YES, You do not mess with the 'crazy' inmate or a country that is 'nationalistic' (by force not design) and has nuclear capability-- a well trained and fully funded armed forces and outnumbers you 1,000,000 to .000002.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad

Muslims in China? who knew; Chinese Christians are persecuted there. I would call China a "no go zone" for anyone having a differing belief system that does not correspond with state held sanctioned beliefs (what ever they may be now). Mao was worshiped much in the same way Japans emperor was during WW2.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
Well for one, I think they understand that China wouldn't pussyfoot around and basically wipe them off the planet.

For two I don't think ISIS really cares about China because they aren't part of their death cult "prophecy"

They would be though (good pickings) as are not of the Islamic Faith (less than heathen/and ripe for indoctrination) and pay no mind whatsoever to God Allah and his prophet Mohammed (not allowed to worship) anything but nationalism. Pure souls/hearts/mind for the taking (oops there is that very powerful government stands in the way) that probably does not acknowledge Sharia Law, especially coming from a foreign source; can take care of internal domestic squabbles just fine. Oh that's right, not interested in the conversion of locals exactly, just dispatching with the unbelievers (that is a lot of cages, matches and accelerant to be stock piled beforehand).

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: FalcoFan

Because China doesn't have a muslim for a "leader" that will blame their own citizens for terrorist acts committed by isis (muslims) like we do.

I think the old timer Chinese were Taoist/Confucianists with a touch of Buddhism. Don't include "Me with the We". No way Isis will ever survive 5000 years of civilization building as the Chinese have. Renegade despots.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Do some research on this.

There are terrorist attacks inside China from their Muslim Uighur minority, there are Uighurs fighting in Syria with ISIS and there are fears they will come back to China and conduct terrorism the same way this is feared in the West.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel

Google "China" and "ISIS."

I will and thank you; at the same time google "China" and "Tibet".

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join