It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olive oil compound kills cancer in minutes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
www.futurity.org...

An ingredient in extra-virgin olive oil kills a variety of human cancer cells without harming healthy ones. Scientists knew that oleocanthal killed some cancer cells, but weren’t really sure how. They thought the compound might be targeting a key protein in cancer cells that triggers a programmed cell death, known as apoptosis, and decided to test their hypothesis.

I have been using ozonated olive to keep certain health issues at bay but this report seems to line up with my personal use for topical olive oil application. I feel it has reduced my health issues related to this news and thought I should share and discuss this on the ATS forums. Hope this is the right forum for it. Best guess from a Noob.

edit on 02pm2015-02-19T23:13:43-06:0011132America/Chicago13228 by machineintelligence because: missing word incerted.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   
excellent post.....this will be a good thread...

I'll be reading

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I hate the taste of extra virgin olive oil. I don't mind regular olive oil though.

It sounds sort of like it is suppressing the replication of cells, and with the accelerated rate of growth of some cancer cells it causes them to cannibalize themselves. I'll remember this if I get cancer. I would rather eat soup made with cartilaginous beef soup bones myself.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

Another reason the people who have a Mediterranean diet live longer....

Combine that with turmeric,ginger,garlic,onion,peppers and some apple cider vinegar for good measure and your body will thank you
edit on 19-2-2015 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
ill add this one to the list for sure .....just in case .

let us hope "big pharma " does not turn this into a myth ....

Thanks for the post
edit on 19-2-2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Good job 'Noob'-
Will check it out.
Thanks for the post

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Starcrossd
Good job 'Noob'-
Will check it out.
Thanks for the post

there has to be one in every thread .....SMH

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Starcrossd
Good job 'Noob'-
Will check it out.
Thanks for the post

dbl post
edit on 19-2-2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I'm not sure ingesting it would confer any potential benefits. What they're claiming that it is doing is causing lysosomes — which are apparently larger in cancer cells — to rupture and release hydrolytic enzymes into the cell and thereby accelerating their demise exponentially.

It's not clear form the article why lysosomes in healthy cells aren't similarly affected. I won't get too excited just yet. It seems like every couple months there's a new story about some compound or another that was found to kill cancer cells or shrink tumors in petri dishes or in mice, etc.

Doxycycline has been demonstrated to have some promising effects against a range of cancer cells in vitro. That's pretty exciting IMO because it's a cheap, common antibiotic that's been in use since the 60's.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Not saying you are wrong OP about oil

But here is a more practiced way to kill cancer many already did

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Warning though -- can't help with stage 4, too late

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   

How can this be used to rid the cancer within the U.S. Government?

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Doxycycline has been demonstrated to have some promising effects against a range of cancer cells in vitro. That's pretty exciting IMO because it's a cheap, common antibiotic that's been in use since the 60's.

Of course Olive Oil has been in use as a food and medicine component for a very, very, long time so this is really just a very recent documentation, and an updated validation of a very well known traditional medical application for a historic healing compound.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: iDope

I am not sure there is a cure for that type of cancer

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: iDope

I think that would require a constitutional colonoscopy first to diagnose the root cause of the cancer. There is no easy answer I am afraid.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

The best way to avoid cancer is to avoid consistently eating foods that slow apoptosis of cells. Cycling the diet is better. We also abandoned eating a lot of the foods we used to eat, foods we evolved with. We want the best cuts of meat and cut off parts of plants that we think are yucky. Quercitin is highest next to the peel of an onion and also near where the root section. We throw out those parts, quercitin is good for us. The cartilage in beef and in chicken is good for supressing cancer, but people eat white meat chicken...no cartilage there, and avoid the areas of beef with cartilage present. They want fish that is fileted, which takes out the best part next to the bones. We have been steered in the wrong direction, avoiding some of the healthy foods. Most people today do not even eat liver anymore, that is packed with nutrients that help keep us strong.

So we get cancer more now because we avoid some of the foods we evolved with. I could go on with hundreds of changes including evolving with smoke from fire which caused changes in our genetic metabolic states and enzyme production. There are so many changes that have occurred we cannot possibly comprehend them all.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Quercitin is highest next to the peel of an onion and also near where the root section.

I have mixed reviews on Quercitin, it seems like the body treats it like many other polyphenols excreting them rather quickly but it does seem to have an impact on insulin sensitivity. What is your take on this?

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: iDope

I am not sure there is a cure for that type of cancer

It is a rectal cancer of sorts, but doesn't stereotype itself to the cells it infiltrates. It would rather create new cancerous cells disguised as newly birthed white cells in order to decieve the host as to getting better, but actually causing anal leakage not just concentrated to the anus.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: PizzaAnyday505

oh. c'mon......he claimed that cancer could be cured with orange juice, and the bible....

dude, really?

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   
One report some time ago got excited about a compound found in sea slugs, cannot remember which slug, I am sure I read the report in some science blog, above post reminded me of it, read nothing since.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   

In vitro. Bleach kills cancer cells in vitro. So does a sledge hammer.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join