It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

so i had to post this about v6 ford engins in general 98-04 cam sync

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
i had my cam syconizer go out on me on my 2002 v6 mustang with only 40k on it wtf

i take care of this car i love/hate and oveusaly dont drive it alot

and being mainly a obd1 shade tree machanic lol dad told me dont ever fallow in his footsteps i became a cook and he is jellius of it lol

but the point was this

www.youtube.com...

wow omg this guy is good at explaining this stuff and even says exacaly how the part works what it replaced off the old obd1 system just amazed

btw its a moderen distrubuter cap ... this is my first obd2 car i like older cars what i was tought to work on

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Older cars are better and more efficient if you modify. Because the computer and sensors force any waste for profit. I prefer Older. Only problem is elevation change. But that can be fixed too. a reply to: markovian

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
That guy does a pretty good job of explaining it. I have used Youtube instructional videos to do a few things on my cars. I even found that using them to do something you all ready know how to do can make the job easier sometimes, especially if the person does it for a living. Tricks of the trade are timesavers some times. S&F

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: markovian
i had my cam syconizer go out on me on my 2002 v6 mustang with only 40k on it wtf

Sensors aren't simply a mileage wear item, they can wear from hot/cold transitions as well as time wearing out their seals and exposing them to the elements. Your car has low mileage but is 13 years old now.

Love Youtube vids for the most part on fixing cars. You really can do a lot of the work on your own car once you get past the fear. Personally I like the modern sensor covered cars now. At first I couldn't stand them but now I just read the code and replace the part. You get to the problem faster with all the codes modern cars throw off now. Of course there always is a little work to figuring the problem out, but much less so than 20 years ago.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: markovian

I have had both OBD1 and 2 I like ODB2 much better. The downside is the way the American car manufacters implement it with cheap solenoids and sensors. I can't blame them they are in a tight place between the UAW and Japan who's car industry is subsidised by their government. I was a teenager during the muscle car era. I have sort of lost interest in cars from then with what you can get now. Stuff that was exotic back then like fuel injection, air bags, seat belts, disk brakes all the way around, electronic ignition, PCM, BCM, 300 + hp V6 motors, way better handling, stereos (factory)
edit on 3-4-2015 by LA1IMPALA because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: roth1

Older cars are better and more efficient if you modify.

BULLLLLLLL Pucky!

I like old cars, and I like old engines. They are nowhere near as capable as the newer ones.

Or are you saying that an old engine properly modified will produce more power and be more efficient than unmodified? That I agree with. Depending on modifications.

top topics

join