It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Level BS #38: Water Fluoridation, The Facts, The Crazy, and the Reality

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: superman2012

Is that what I said? Nope, I was alluding to the untruths, lies, and fear spread by the anti fluoride group when confronted with science and facts.

No you responded to this,

And here, we WON.

They won, meaning they were able to ban fluoridation. You are saying they are being ignorant.

Just because it is done in other countries doesn't mean the science is wrong.

Doesn't mean it is ignorant to not fluoridate either.

edit on 21-2-2015 by JudgeThread because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: JudgeThread
And you keep saying that relatively high levels of fluoride are in food. Why the need to add it to the water.

Fluoride serves it's primary dental health function in our mouths...fluoride in food is not broken down until much further along the digestive tract.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

Ok,but it still is not needed nowadays, at least not to a group of people large enough to warrant exposure of the whole population of which the vast majority doesn't need it.

Studies suggest that the use of water fluoridation particular in industrialized countries may be unnecessary for caries prevention, because topical fluorides (such as in toothpaste) are widely used and caries has become low.[3]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: superman2012

originally posted by: Realtruth

originally posted by: b14warrior

You do have a choice, don't drink it and find your own water source. Where I live, they don't the fact that there is flouride in the water and if I don't want to drink it, I'm not forced to.

You are correct, however municipal water systems are federally and state funded, so putting anything in them is actually an infringement of rights.

People should have a choice if they are paying into the system via taxes.

Vote.

Which party is anti fluoridation? Dems or Reps?

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
In 2009, Colorado introduced legislation that would allow limited collection of rainwater, Senate Bill 09-080 and House Bill 09-1129 - Not illegal?
Collecting Rainwater in Colorado

Reverse Osmosis Expensive???
10 Stage Reverse Osmosis Setup. $135

And I didn't even have to use words like "ignorant"...
edit on 21-2-2015 by sageturkey because: Add

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

So everybody is exposed to fluoridation for the benefit of a few? Ridiculous notion.

Who do you think pays for the healthcare of people on subsidy/welfare???

Dental healthcare.

Nobody.

And even if it would cost more, it is still not justifiable to expose the majority to something they don't need in their water.

The whole thing is ridiculous. Everybody has to drink fluor water because a few people are supposedly unable to buy toothpaste?

And you keep saying that relatively high levels of fluoride are in food. Why the need to add it to the water.

You say that not all people eat the foods that contain higher levels of fluoride, but what about the people that do? They get an extra dose they don't need if they drink the water.

Why do you insist that fuoridation is needed when the majority of countries are not doing it.

The whole thing makes no sense.

Might want to look at what happens to a persons overall health and the ramifications of poor dental hygiene before saying it is ridiculous. I never once said it makes sense, only said the reason for it. The rest is your words. I never said it was needed, only the reasons behind it and how those reasons make sense for the people that need it.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: JudgeThread

You took it that way, I took it as that person saying their argument won...when in fact it was made out of untruths and outright lies. Depends on what they meant I guess...

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: superman2012

originally posted by: Realtruth

originally posted by: b14warrior

You do have a choice, don't drink it and find your own water source. Where I live, they don't the fact that there is flouride in the water and if I don't want to drink it, I'm not forced to.

You are correct, however municipal water systems are federally and state funded, so putting anything in them is actually an infringement of rights.

People should have a choice if they are paying into the system via taxes.

Vote.

Which party is anti fluoridation? Dems or Reps?

Instead of following the sheep and voting for parties, why not do some research on people running in your area? That would be of more benefit to you, no?

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Might want to look at what happens to a persons overall health and the ramifications of poor dental hygiene before saying it is ridiculous.

I am not disputing the ramifications of poor dental hygiene. I am saying that iot is ridiculous to expose the whole population to added fluoride they don't need, because of poor dental hygiene of the few. Don twist my words.

I never once said it makes sense, only said the reason for it.

When you provide a reason you are trying to make sense of it, aren't you?

The rest is your words. I never said it was needed, only the reasons behind it and how those reasons make sense for the people that need it.

And do those reasons make sense to the vast majority that doesn't need it? That is the point here.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: sageturkey

Not illegal, but SUPER strict. That is the only state that is close to illegal. That should worry everyone.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: JudgeThread

I am not disputing the ramifications of poor dental hygiene. I am saying that iot is ridiculous to expose the whole population to added fluoride they don't need, because of poor dental hygiene of the few. Don twist my words.

If you weren't saying that then you must have an adequate understanding of the reasoning behind it. I wasn't twisting your words, I was assuming a level of knowledge...

When you provide a reason you are trying to make sense of it, aren't you?

To understand WHY they are doing it, is different then agreeing with it...don't you agree? I'm assuming you know the difference but I don't want to twist anymore words...

And do those reasons make sense to the vast majority that doesn't need it? That is the point here.

Yes. As it hasn't been shown to cause any harm (at proper levels) and the fear and lies that the anti fluoride people throw out there have been shown to be based just on that, fear and lies. I for one, would welcome the extra protection for my teeth from that water.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: sageturkey
Wow. I didn't know they were THAT cheap.
That is good to know.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Instead of following the sheep and voting for parties

I am not following anyone.

why not do some research on people running in your area? That would be of more benefit to you, no?

This is not about my personal benefit.

Are you saying that regardless of what state you are from, there is always an anti fluoridation candidate people can vote on?

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Communities have discontinued water fluoridation in some countries, including Finland, Germany, Japan, the Netherlands, Sweden, and Switzerland.[27] On August 26, 2014, Israel officially stopped adding fluoride to its water supplies, stating "Only some 1% of the water is used for drinking, while 99% of the water is intended for other uses (industry, agriculture, flushing toilets etc.). There is also scientific evidence that fluoride in large amounts can lead to damage to health. When fluoride is supplied via drinking water, there is no control regarding the amount of fluoride actually consumed, which could lead to excessive consumption. Supply of fluoridated water forces those who do not so wish to also consume water with added fluoride. This approach is therefore not accepted in most countries in the world."[

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I wasn't twisting your words, I was assuming a level of knowledge...

You were, you implied that I was disputing the ramifications of poor dental hygiene. I wasn't.

To understand WHY they are doing it, is different then agreeing with it.

If you understand why they are doing it, it makes sense to you. But the reason doesn't make sense for reasons I explained.

It sure seems you are agreeing with it.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Communities have discontinued water fluoridation in some countries, including Finland, Germany, Japan, the Netherlands, Sweden, and Switzerland.[27] On August 26, 2014, Israel officially stopped adding fluoride to its water supplies, stating "Only some 1% of the water is used for drinking, while 99% of the water is intended for other uses (industry, agriculture, flushing toilets etc.). There is also scientific evidence that fluoride in large amounts can lead to damage to health. When fluoride is supplied via drinking water, there is no control regarding the amount of fluoride actually consumed, which could lead to excessive consumption. Supply of fluoridated water forces those who do not so wish to also consume water with added fluoride. This approach is therefore not accepted in most countries in the world."[

en.wikipedia.org...

Right. There is more fear right there.
At 0.7 ppm (0.7 mg/L) please do some math and tell me how many litres of water (or convert it to gallons) you would need to drink in order to equal excessive consumption. Please also source how there is no control regarding the amount of fluoride consumed. I did this in one thread and am interested to see what you get. How much is too much?

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

At 0.7 ppm (0.7 mg/L) please do some math and tell me how many litres of water (or convert it to gallons) you would need to drink in order to equal excessive consumption.

Like you said, there are high levels in certain foods so it is impossible to tell how much fluoride someone ingests in total based on the water alone.

Supply of fluoridated water forces those who do not so wish to also consume water with added fluoride. This approach is therefore not accepted in most countries in the world.

This is the main point here.

If you accept this approach it is your prerogative but don't expect freedom loving individuals to follow.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
You would die from water poisoning long before you would begin to feel minute effects of fluoride! How come no one's talking about that?

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
My big bug bear is this

Mercury Fluoride and other chemicals occur naturally in food and even water

BUT ... It is not natural to take such things and concentrate them ... then put them in food and water ...

I would rather put my trust in nature so NO fluoride in the water for me

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet
That's so right! It's not like man kinds literally biggest obstacle in the history of the human race is nature. No that's why before we thrived so much in human history with all the things that can kill us in nature. Nothing bad ever came from nature. Nature is perfect. Diseases? Nature. Tigers? Nature.

Nature will kill you one day. It will kill us all and ultimately be the destruction of the human race. We must do what we can to beat it off until then. Nature is coming for you.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join