It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Level BS #38: Water Fluoridation, The Facts, The Crazy, and the Reality

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
a reply to: superman2012

It's isn't contaminated, it is put there for a very simple reason. Again, filter it out, vote it out, move, etc., if you don't like it. You do have a choice, you are just setting a very narrow limit to what choice you want to make.

I wouldn't drink tap water even if they did remove fluoride. The main reason I want it removed is because fluoridated water gives me minor rashes when I shower or bath it but I'm also concerned that it could have cumulative health effects which are hard to detect without very sensitive studies and that's it doing damage to the masses who ingest it on a daily basis because people like you tell them it's perfectly fine. I simply don't see why it's worth the benefit when we don't fully understand the health risks. Only a very small percentage of the world fluoridates their water and statistics prove that those people in unfluoridated nations have teeth which are just as good as people in fluoridated nations.

I also think that your suggestions are ridiculous. Filtering the water is not only expensive but it also removes a lot of the good minerals that exist in the water. I much prefer to drink bottled spring water which contains minute amounts of naturally occurring fluoride (very different from the fluoride they drip into the water supply). But many people cannot afford bottled water or a water filter and I'd still prefer the public water supply didn't contain a chemical intended to treat human beings when we don't fully understand the health risks involved, and I'd like my skin not to itch every time I shower for too long. I can't filter all my shower water or buy water to shower with, and all states in my country practice water fluoridation so it's pretty hard to escape. Voting isn't the magical solution you make it out to be.

I have to wonder about commercial bottled spring water being any better than tap water. They still have regulations and quality control to ensure consistency with their product. Companies do get sued for labeling treated/tap water as mountain spring water.

www.forbes.com...

Otherwise, you could be drinking "blind" like me - from a mountain spring or a well that has never been tested. I don't know what's in the water I drink, but it hasn't made me sick yet.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: superman2012
a reply to: Tusks

How is this about a company and not about the politicians ignoring what (at least from what I read) their constituents want?

Lobbyists?

Oversimplification on fluoridated steroids.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
It's good for teeth when applied topically, not ingested. If you are so concerned, have the dentist give your teeth a good rubdown on your own dime.

It's concerning that it builds up in the system and calcifies the Pineal Gland. **edit - I don't think this was discussed in the video, but have to listen again when I'm not working. The Pineal Gland aka the third eye / spiritual center of the brain - I have often wondered if this is the target. Paying large sums of money to add it the water supply and have it build up in your brain...doesn't sit well. When I look around at everything that is happening in the US, I have to wonder if it's working ugh!
edit on 25-2-2015 by raedar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: raedar
It's good for teeth when applied topically, not ingested. If you are so concerned, have the dentist give your teeth a good rubdown on your own dime.

It's concerning that it builds up in the system and calcifies the Pineal Gland. **edit - I don't think this was discussed in the video, but have to listen again when I'm not working. The Pineal Gland aka the third eye / spiritual center of the brain - I have often wondered if this is the target. Paying large sums of money to add it the water supply and have it build up in your brain...doesn't sit well. When I look around at everything that is happening in the US, I have to wonder if it's working ugh!

Then shouldnt people living in countries where water isnt flueridated be superior with their third eye? Not sure what you mean by third eye. Are the people in eastern europe be psychic.

German water supply isnt flueridated, with all due respect to germans i wouldnt link them to even tolerate the thought of a third eye. Indeed they thrive on regulations.
edit on 25-2-2015 by kykweer because: (no reason given)

Americans need to leave their own little bubble sometimes.
edit on 25-2-2015 by kykweer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Where is the proof that fluoride hardens or damages the pineal gland? I would like to see the controlled, double-blind study you are referring to, please. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: jaffo

Or you could google "calcification of the pineal gland" on your own. I'll provide a link for you that cites studies. I have a feeling this is in vain.

Link with dozens of citations

I'm voicing personal concerns.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: kykweer

Yeah, no big deal. I must be living in a bubble to be concerned.

Pineal gland, endocrine gland found in vertebrates that is the source of melatonin, a hormone derived from tryptophan that regulates circadian rhythm (sleep cycle). The pineal gland develops from the roof of the diencephalon, a section of the brain. In some lower vertebrates the gland has a well-developed eyelike structure; in others, though not organized as an eye, it functions as a light receptor.

The pineal gland, the most enigmatic of endocrine organs, has long been of interest to anatomists. Several millennia ago it was thought to control the flow of memories into consciousness. The 17th-century French philosopher-mathematician René Descartes concluded that the pineal gland was the seat of the soul. A corollary notion was that calcification of the pineal caused psychiatric disease, but modern imaging techniques revealed that the pineal gland becomes more or less calcified in most people.

Link to Britanica

It has long been known as the Third Eye.

Pineal Gland Essentials

Of the endocrine organs, the function of the pineal gland was the last discovered.
Located deep in the center of the brain, the pineal gland was once known as the “third eye.”
The pineal gland produces melatonin, which helps maintain circadian rhythm and regulate reproductive hormones.

Link

Just stating FACTS.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: raedar
If it does anything to the pineal gland at all (as long as it does indeed regulate hormones, I'm no biologist and too lazy to do a simple google search) it would actually jumpstart it. The only thing that they found during the Newburgh-Kingston study was that females started puberty earlier by around 5 months in the fluoridated city.

Seems to me that this would be good news for the pineal gland/third eye crowd.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Philippines
I know what you mean! Don't trust government because they are putting fluoride in the water, but they trust them to regulate the bottled water industry and make sure there are no "extras" put in. It's madness.

They could filter regular tap water, and then take vitamins/minerals if they are so worried about it, but nope. It's always been easier to complain about something, then when shown the reasons why their argument is wrong, move the goalposts to another field.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

a reply to: jaffo

Or you could google "calcification of the pineal gland" on your own. I'll provide a link for you that cites studies. I have a feeling this is in vain.

Link with dozens of citations

I'm voicing personal concerns.

Yeah, I am not buying "research" done on a paltry 11 cadavers by an anti-flouridation group. Sorry.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
What, another load of complete BS from Next Level BS?

I have to admit, when I first heard of that show, I wondered whether it was satire. Nope. BUT - it's so sloppy, so amateurish, the conclusions they reach are almost exclusively wrong (And I mean easily demonstrated to be wrong), their methods of parsing good information from bad information are based on "Who's the most ridiculous person promoting the conspiracy I'm trying to debunk?" - it's so poorly done, that it ultimately does come across as satire. I just don't think the people involved are aware of that, funnily.

(What happened to ATS?)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: raedar

If flueridation supresses the pineal gland or whatever (i dont care how many eyes it gives you or how psychic or spiritilual you become)... It immaterial to the arguement.

You are living in a bubble because you want to believe your "third eye" is being supressed in america where 42 states ads flueride to the water... Your making the statement that flueridation calcifies the pineal gland... If so then places and countries around the world where flueridation does not take place people should have healthy pineal glands... Right?

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Son of Will

I have to admit, when I first heard of that show, I wondered whether it was satire. Nope. BUT - it's so sloppy, so amateurish, the conclusions they reach are almost exclusively wrong (And I mean easily demonstrated to be wrong), their methods of parsing good information from bad information are based on "Who's the most ridiculous person promoting the conspiracy I'm trying to debunk?" - it's so poorly done, that it ultimately does come across as satire. I just don't think the people involved are aware of that, funnily.

(What happened to ATS?)

Lots of criticism, no proof, no offer of helping out, no facts, nothing. Refute it if you can. Offer to help if you think it is so amateurish (which implies you are a professional or at least can operate at that level), provide facts backing up your claims, do something rather than nag like an 87 year old woman! Something, anything!!

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

You stated: "You are living in a bubble because you want to believe your "third eye" is being supressed in america where 42 states ads flueride to the water... Your making the statement that flueridation calcifies the pineal gland... If so then places and countries around the world where flueridation does not take place people should have healthy pineal glands... Right?"

Yes they should , by all rights, have healthier Pineal Glands. That does not mean they know how to use it, (Pineal Gland) any better than anyone else though.
As a young pre-adult,13 years old, I was able to travel the Astral plane very frequently. I had out of body experiences almost every night during the summer of 1975. A feat acquired by using the pineal gland successfully!
Now as an Adult, almost 53 years old, I cannot have the same experiences I used to enjoy in My Youth! I believe this is due to the calcification of the Pineal Gland, from Fluoride,(POISON) in Our Drinking Water! My step sister as a teenager had terrible teeth from Fluoride in the Drinking Water. White, (Bleach like) blemishes had stained her teeth, and now as an adult she still has those terrible white, Bleach Like) stains!! There is a term for the condition that I cannot think of right now, sorry that.....

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak

You stated: "You are living in a bubble because you want to believe your "third eye" is being supressed in america where 42 states ads flueride to the water... Your making the statement that flueridation calcifies the pineal gland... If so then places and countries around the world where flueridation does not take place people should have healthy pineal glands... Right?"

Yes they should , by all rights, have healthier Pineal Glands. That does not mean they know how to use it, (Pineal Gland) any better than anyone else though.
As a young pre-adult,13 years old, I was able to travel the Astral plane very frequently. I had out of body experiences almost every night during the summer of 1975. A feat acquired by using the pineal gland successfully!
Now as an Adult, almost 53 years old, I cannot have the same experiences I used to enjoy in My Youth! I believe this is due to the calcification of the Pineal Gland, from Fluoride,(POISON) in Our Drinking Water! My step sister as a teenager had terrible teeth from Fluoride in the Drinking Water. White, (Bleach like) blemishes had stained her teeth, and now as an adult she still has those terrible white, Bleach Like) stains!! There is a term for the condition that I cannot think of right now, sorry that.....

Dental fluorosis if from fluoride. Although you are wrong (or fell for the fear) it isn't a poison in the concentration found in water treatment. If you were on well water and the levels were high, then yes, it could be harming you.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: superman2012

Thanx for the term, "Dental fluorosis". I appreciate it. I wasn't on well water, but I understand your correlation of that in terms of Fluoride in that water.
Actually I fear nothing. I may have been alarmed by the news of some sites that showed detrimental effects of Fluoride in our waters that I still carry today, from newer studies even, but fear, No.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

(What happened to ATS?)

Bingo! When I joined AST some 6 years ago (after having been just a reader for a few years) I wasn't as critical. The more I looked into things the more I realized this site "dedicated to denying ignorance" has an agenda, or at least a SEVERE collectivist lean. NLBS has been pretty much dead wrong on so many topics it really is a parody. I mostly come here now to laugh at the all the stupid people "denying ignorance" while drinking their fluoride & taking their shots. I have to laugh to keep from crying... they are just, so, clueless, it boggles the mind. But, they are winning, and in a few generations we'll have THIS. We're half way there already.
edit on 2015/2/27 by mal1970 because: syntax

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: mal1970

(What happened to ATS?)

Bingo! When I joined AST some 6 years ago (after having been just a reader for a few years) I wasn't as critical. The more I look into things the more I realize this site "dedicated to denying ignorance" has an agenda, or at least a severe collectivist lean. NLBS has been pretty much dead wrong on so many topics it really is a parody. I mostly come here now to laugh at the all the stupid people "denying ignorance" while drinking their fluoride & taking their shots. I have to laugh to keep from crying... they are just, so, clueless, it boggles the mind. But, they are winning, and in a few generations we'll have THIS. We're half way there already.

Sounds to me like you are just mad that the facts don't bear out most of your theories. The point of the site is to deny ignorance, not wallow in half-baked ideas regardless of what the facts tell us.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: jaffo
Sounds to me like you are just mad that the facts don't bear out most of your theories. The point of the site is to deny ignorance, not wallow in half-baked ideas regardless of what the facts tell us.

... he says as he 'wallows in his own half-baked theory'. Thank you for putting an exclamation point at the end of my observation.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: mal1970

originally posted by: jaffo

... he says as he 'wallows in his own half-baked theory'. Thank you for putting an exclamation point at the end of my observation.

MY half-baked theory? Whatever. All responsible science and DECADES of fluoridation say I am right.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join