It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Parking and the Last Wag of a Tail

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I know this is going to sound like it should be in the Rant Forum, and yes it is a rant, but since in the end game it concerns my pet, I am placing it here. You can let me know if you thought this was the right decision. This happened a couple days ago, but it has taken me this long just to get a grip.

I live in Rhode Island and like Boston, we have pretty much received the same amount of snow from the last few storms. The streets are a mess to say the least. I need to tell you this to give you a bit of background so you understand my point of arriving at my frustration.

Since the first storm, my brilliant neighbors have insisted on parking across from my house in a No Parking Zone. This has led to me being blocked in and plows being unable to do their jobs. I was blocked in one morning when I needed to go to work and called the police yet again and they sent parking enforcement which put tickets on the three cars and drove off, leaving me still stuck and missing work. I have made countless calls and countless tickets have been put on the same cars over and over. The owners just pull them off and drop them in the snow. Mind you, they do have driveways, but of course that would require proper shoveling and that just isn't on their radar.

When I asked the police why they wouldn't tow the cars, the answer is, yes, they are in a No Parking Zone, but they are not in a Tow Zone. So, in all actuality, the No Parking signs are totally useless for someone like me, yet a honey pot for tickets for the city.

Late Sunday night, to keep this as short as possible, my dog began to have a pretty bad seizure. Of course I want to take my dog immediately to the vet, but guess what? Again I am blocked in and again with a phone call too the police and a frantic explanation of why they really needed to do something, they sent someone out. Who did they send? Yep, parking enforcement to again give tickets and drive away with a sorry ma'am, there is nothing we can do, it is only a ticketed offense.

Long story short, my dog died a horrible death in my arms about 15 minutes before a friend of mine got here to take me too the vet.

I can't even begin to think of a word that describes how I feel, though I'm guessing some of you can assume from your own empathy. It was just heart wrenching to say the least.

Just thought I would share this to maybe just get some of my frustration out by venting a tad. Sorry it isn't a happy story, but I hope none of you ever have to experience this kind of insane and needless situation.

Thanks for listening.

RIP Petey

edit on 2/19/15 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

The only positive part of this story is one that didn't
have to be-- you were with him when he went, however
badly. I'm sorry for you and Petey, you both deserved
better neighbors.
For my own part, if that guy in my window ever became
victim to the neglect or malice of neighbors I don't know
what would happen. Yeah, they're that important.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: derfreebie

Thank you for your response and I know exactly what you mean by they are just that important. I was so livid that night and I'm usually a very calm person. Takes a lot to push my buttons but that was definitely my button. I really really really had to check myself. I just wish someone might think of something I haven't that I could do. I have considered writing the local paper, but it doesn't really bring my dog back.... Sigh...

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
That would almost be a Civil Court case IMO. They parked illegally, you complained and complained and complained and because of it someone dear to you died. I know you can't get wrongful death, but you should be able to get something.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: onehuman
a reply to: derfreebie

Thank you for your response and I know exactly what you mean by they are just that important. I was so livid that night and I'm usually a very calm person. Takes a lot to push my buttons but that was definitely my button. I really really really had to check myself. I just wish someone might think of something I haven't that I could do. I have considered writing the local paper, but it doesn't really bring my dog back.... Sigh...

A good idea, renting a small column to eulogize your best friend--
and at the same time run a small rail toward those slugs that wouldn't
shovel their own driveways. And let human nature take its course.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko and just who would I take this case against exactly? Just curious

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I don't have much in the way of help to say, apart from it is a pity you have such anti-social neighbours. I've had a few of those in my time but I digress.

My condolences for the loss of your companion and I hope your neighbour problem disappears quickly. Hopefully the parking fines will give them cause for thought.

RIP Petey

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: onehuman
a reply to: ketsuko and just who would I take this case against exactly? Just curious

If they blocked you in, you could take it against the idiots who wouldn't move their car or possibly complain against the city.

I know you're inviting trouble to do it ... but I don't know. Think about if this was your kid or something. Or worse, what if it had been you? It sounds to me like they are creating a safety issue for you and those who live with you. This time, it was your beloved pet, but next time, it might be you.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Me being a truck owner, a big truck in fact, would have pushed them into the street in an emergency situation, granted you don't sound like a truck owner. Short of that, I would leave a detailed note on each individuals car detailing the events of the past few days and tell them of the horrific troubles they caused you and the cost of a loved one to you. The lazy s.o.b.ees might get the message. Next step step, take a bat to their windshield. By the by, I live here in upstate NY and deal with the snow on a daily bases, I know what your going through.
edit on 19-2-2015 by twohawks because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
It would be a shame if someone had to change a flat tire in the cold if they were in a hurry to be somewhere.
Just saying.
Valve-stem tools are up to near 4 bucks these days. Inflation.
edit on 19-2-2015 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

I am sorry that you went through that. I went through that very same thing with my dog back in Oct. I know that you are upset and I don't blame you. But to keep things in perspective for you,after 5 minutes your dog was done in anyway. I had tried to run mine to the vet too,but it was a 30 minute ride from my house,and they vet told us,sorry but after 5 minutes she was gone anyway. It burns out the brain and organs. I got her there just in time for her to pass on in front of the vet.

Which leave the issue of your neighbors. They NEED to move those cars. No matter whether it would have made a difference or not for you dog,THEY NEED TO MOVE THOSE CARS. Can you call the Mayor or someone about it? There has to be someone else you can call that will take action. I would look into who you can get to deal with this.

Again,my condolences for your loss.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
That's heartbreaking. Little Petey deserved to live more than your inconsiderate a**hole neighbors.

My sincerest condolences.

We can only hope he's in a better place filled with billions of trees to pee on and infinite balls & frisbees to chase.

RIP Petey.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

RIP Petey....you are in the arms of the Angels.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Sorry about your loss. That sucks so much I can't even begin to put it into words. Maybe a public shaming would be in order. Like derfreebie said, you could put something in the paper eulogizing your dog, explaining the circumstances involved in not being able to get him to a vet, and maybe listing the culprits who boxed you in. On second thought, naming the guilty parties might bring you more trouble.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I am just going to say it... BURN their cars down. Oh and yours as well so they don't suspect you. If you have enough money to buy another car that is. Get a cheaper car if you can, Name it after your best friend that just passed and take care of this car for the rest of you life.

I am sorry for your loss man, In all seriousness forgive them and move on, knowing dogs if your dog was around you as your feeling sad he/she would try to cheer you up so do them one last delight and get happy again man.

If you really cant let it go, grab dog # from the dog park and smear it alllllll underneath their door handles, where you stick your fingers to grab the latch!!!!!!!!!!! (Imagine the look on their faces!) and you won't possibly go to jail. (Make sure to write the plates down, so you can do this every year for an anniversary reminder and incase they move do it every time you come upon one of the vehicles)

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Thank you everyone for your kind words. This has just been so dang frustrating.

Since these are the kind of people that really just disregard the law and do as they please, not to mention were raided by the state police a couple weeks back, I really don't think retaliation would be in my best interest. Not to mention it just really isn't in my makeup either. Normally I am fine with letting Karma take it's course.

The hardest part is just really trying to deal with this whole bundle of different emotions. They are all over the spectrum. One minute I'm so sad, next royally pissed off and so much in between. I'm guessing there is a lesson in here as well for me, just so hard to fathom what it may be right now.

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
We had the same kind of inconsiderate neighbors until last Summer when thank God, they moved! In our apartment building we have my 91 year old Mother and my husband and I who are disabled. It has always been a rule of ours to not park directly in front of the house. When any of us needs to go to the doctors, we can just go down the stairs and a car is able to park there to pick us up. Also, if an ambulance needs to get to the house quickly, they can park directly in front. Anyway, we had the neighbor from hell who knew there was an elderly woman and two disabled people living here and even having been asked kindly more than once, she insisted on parking her damned van right in front, instead of parking in her damned driveway! In the Winter, we were forced to walk over snow and ice. Some people are just ignorant arses!

top topics

join